LSU fans sound pretty confident...

Advertisement
We had a very good defense last year, I'm sorry if you'd prefer an adjective other than "top". Thanks for your fantastic post though.

Just saying. Our Defense, although good, wasn’t one of the top D’s as you previously put it. If Wisconsin, Clemson, Virginia, Toledo, can light up our Defense, LSU has a shot to be successful against us. In fact, their D was better than ours. Hopefully, our Defense takes that next step and dominates their mediocre Offense.

Isn’t LSU favored for this game? Not sure why Miami fans are so overconfident.

It is a big game for us. We need to beat a big sec team and they provide a fine target. Whatever their record they wear big boy pants and we need to beat them to show we can. Rosier might need to play his best game but if he does we will win comfortably. We have a lot of speed at RB and backs that run downhill. Our defense against their historic low scoring offense should mean close game. We have a lot of experience at winning close games. I like our chances here.

Advertisement
Mi
Just saying. Our Defense, although good, wasn’t one of the top D’s as you previously put it. If Wisconsin, Clemson, Virginia, Toledo, can light up our Defense, LSU has a shot to be successful against us. In fact, their D was better than ours. Hopefully, our Defense takes that next step and dominates their mediocre Offense.

Isn’t LSU favored for this game? Not sure why Miami fans are so overconfident.
Miami is favored by 3 points. Don’t see what the gloating of their defense is taking place for, did you not see them get beat by Troy? Or Mississippi state beating them 37-7 last year?

Miami’s defense has faults like everyone else’s but it is undoubtedly filled with very good to elite talent at all 3 levels of the defense. When they are on they are on period

With a 10-0 record,, we lost to Pitt.
PITT? Are you kidding me?
After that Egg Lay, i won't Diss any opponent..

Mi

Miami is favored by 3 points. Don’t see what the gloating of their defense is taking place for, did you not see them get beat by Troy? Or Mississippi state beating them 37-7 last year?

Miami’s defense has faults like everyone else’s but it is undoubtedly filled with very good to elite talent at all 3 levels of the defense. When they are on they are on period

LSU’s Defense ranked nationally in the following:
Scoring: 18.9 ppg, 14th
Total Defense: 12th

Those are very impressive numbers. Better than Miami Defensive stats. With Rosier and our ****** OL, this game will be difficult for us. Not saying we don’t win. I will be attending the game and expecting a victory but I’d be a fool to think this will be easy.

Those are very impressive numbers. Better than Miami Defensive stats. With Rosier and our ****** OL, this game will be difficult for us. Not saying we don’t win. I will be attending the game and expecting a victory but I’d be a fool to think this will be easy.
And it will be difficult for them too. We have the athletes and offensive power to score on them, LSU inexperienced offense vs Miami’s talented defense should be a great matchup for Miami too. This isn’t the LSU of the old they are lacking running back talent, the oline is no better than Miami’s(they lost several starters) and they have inexperienced but talented receivers. New coordinator on O too. No one said it wouldn’t be a difficult game but they certainly aren’t unbeatable either

Advertisement

Total Defense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com
They actually gave up 19.7 ppg and we gave up 21.7 ppg.
Miami played against 5 top 21 Defenses last year Wisconsin#2, clemson #4, FSU #18, va tech #13 and duke #21

Only team we didn’t move the ball like that at all was against clemson. When we had to we got pivotal yardage in the second half vs FSU defense. Didn’t struggle moving the ball vs Wisconsin(between Malik’s inaccuracies, the refs and some defensive lapses you know the deal.)

And Miami’s offensive line is not as ****** as you say it is. They have progressed each of the last 3 years easily

Not surprised since they only remember us since that *** whooping they gave us in the peach bowl..

Not to mention theyve seen us be a bottom feeder since....

BUUUUTTTTTTT they will be in for a rude awakening and if our QB can get the ball to the playmakers this should be a nice dominating win for the country to see on primetime
Chinese Bandits,,
9-3 LSU alltime.
Wouldn't surprise me if they won

Yup, that 6 straight LSU won through 1966 will have a major impact on this game.

Miami is 3-2 vs. LSU in their last 5.

Newsflash:
Everybody beat Miami pre-'80.
All time stats are juuuust a little skewed

It was a nice try on the "all-time" record vs. the sec too.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The vast majority of our fanbase is expecting a close game. A game we probably should win, but it definitely could go the other way.

The vast majority of LSU's fans, after adding Burrow, are expecting a repeat of the Peach Bowl on their way to the NC.

And you're right, LSU has an excellent defense and a great DC. They're weak at corner though (Greedy Williams is pretty much it) so hopefully we can exploit that.

LSU's offense is another story. They might have a worse OL than us, ****** RBs, and while they have talent at WR, their top 3 are 2 freshmen and a transfer + their QB in his first game. They might end up as a solid offense, but it's going to be tough for them in game 1

Maybe it's because their first game is against a team that they absolutely demolished the last time they played.

It's a game I was definitely not at, and definitely not in the front row, and DEFINITELY didn't drive like 9 hours to get to.

The vast majority of our fanbase is expecting a close game. A game we probably should win, but it definitely could go the other way.

The vast majority of LSU's fans, after adding Burrow, are expecting a repeat of the Peach Bowl on their way to the NC.

And you're right, LSU has an excellent defense and a great DC. They're weak at corner though (Greedy Williams is pretty much it) so hopefully we can exploit that.

LSU's offense is another story. They might have a worse OL than us, ****** RBs, and while they have talent at WR, their top 3 are 2 freshmen and a transfer + their QB in his first game. They might end up as a solid offense, but it's going to be tough for them in game 1

Defense feasts. We pound Homer and Deejay and get a little spark form Richards and <insert other stud WR> en route to a victory. I don't see Miami losing this game. Early call 24-10.

Advertisement
Back