LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Gem #3 stats 👀🤣🤣

Here are some of the stats from LSU's scrimmage on Saturday, according to LSUSports.net:

QB:
Joe Burrow: 10-of 24 for 124 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.
Myles Brennan: 5-of-19 for 47 yards, 1 INT.

RB:
Chris Curry: 35 yards on eight carries.
Nick Brossette: 16 yards on six carries.
Lanard Fournette: 13 yards on 5 carries.

WR/TE:
Terrace Marshall: 3 catches for 44 yards, 1 TD (25-yarder).
Foster Moreau: 2 catches for 28 yards.
Many wide receivers with on reception.

Yeah, Burrows stats would’ve been better but LSU fans say there was 14 drops. He was really 24-24!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
The one thing I do disagree with you guys on is Joe Burrow. I think he’s a good QB and played well in the OSU spring game. He could have easily been the starter there as well.
That being said, we’ll be ****** come September 2nd.

If he was so good why was his only option, other than LSU, Cincinnati?

Last edited:
Lol. Thats based on total yards. You need to look at the yards per play. Mia 4.77 while LSU 5.07. Its not our fault your schedule was offensively challenged.

We were also FAR better in turnovers forced, tackles for loss and lead the nation in sacks.

The only metric LSU was better in was scoring defense where you gave up 3 less touchdowns on the year in 178 less plays. Again, more of a product of the anemic offenses you faced.

This was going to be my response as well. @southla, obviously doesn't know how to look into stats and what they really are telling you.

He's a parrot that just quotes whatever he see's to justify his false beliefs.

Advertisement
Update on Drake Davis (this story really needs its on thread):

If anyone followed a link from WAFB, the audio from the DA has now been edited three times. Part of it ('the investigation is ongoing' and 'retractions from victims happens a lot') was not even from the phone call about this incident. The original answer via that phone call pretty much says she changed her statement, and there will be no prosecution of Drake Davis, but if anyone has any information they can call the police. Seems like they edited to make it sound like there was an ongoing investigation. There simply is not one at this point - hopefully her teammates will come forward.

This is the point of view from an LSU guy I think is in the know: As far as LSU police go, it’s over. Drake Davis’ attorney got a statement from the girl saying she made everything up. Therefore, the photos are no longer evidence, since there is no investigation. It’s over. Drake should be at practice tomorrow.

Drake Davis’ attorney is Marci Blaize, who is well known around here for getting football players out of trouble. She is an LSU graduate and receives a lot of respect around here for keeping Jeremy Hill on the field. I will also say that if someone were to get caught laundering money or in any other white-collar financial crime, Marci would be who they go turn to for legal help.

So why is LSU going to such great lengths to protect Drake Davis? He is a ridiculous athlete, and they definitely need him at receiver, especially if they want to go 4-wide (I'm calling bullsh*t, though). And maybe it is because… let's just say that in LSU booster circles, Drake's dad helped LSU avoid a major infraction. Drake's dad is Lester Earl, who was a local basketball phenom from Glen Oaks High School in the mid 90s. At that time LSU was pretty notorious for having boosters buy cars for athletes. The Broussard dormitory (athlete's dorm mid, late 90s) at the time was nothing short of a car show. Earl was taken care of by a booster who was a local urologist. There are some jaw-dropping stories of LSU in the late 90s and especially some great Lester Earl stories. But the fact is, the NCAA started an investigation into LSU that focused around Lester Earl. To make a long story short, Earl told the NCAA that he received $5,000 cash. Investigation was ended. Earl transferred to Kansas, and LSU basketball lost some scholarships. That was it. The football program was not even looked at. The booster was not even looked at. Earl told the NCAA that the cash came from an assistant coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
LSU is obviously doing everything they can to get suspended players Drake Davis and Ed Ingram back in practice. LSU fans feel pretty confidant that both players will be back in action this week. I will not comment on the Ingram situation. But the Drake Davis dumpster fire … wow!

I'll start by saying the girl who accused him is now the victim of a witch hunt in Baton Rouge. She is a LSU scholarship athlete and is being treated like a murder suspect by the attorney for Davis and LSU police. They convinced the girl to retract her statements - and she did. Now people are calling for her to be expelled from LSU and arrested for giving false accusations. Up to this point LSU has been able to convince her to not hire an attorney.

First off, the latest of four incidents that has been reported to police and LSU happened in June 2018. There are different stories coming out about why it took two months for anything to be reported, but he was suspended yesterday, August 18 (arrested on August 17). The girl suffered a bruised stomach from getting punched, a bruised neck from being choked, and a ripped ear lobe from Davis ripping her earring out. This was all over Davis being upset over a text message she sent. Pictures were taken by her teammate or LSU manager in June.

Lets go over the three previous incidents that were swept under the rug by LSU athletics:

May 2017: After a break-up, the female went to Davis' apartment to retrieve possessions. Davis is accused to have punched her in the stomach. I am not sure if LSU police or EBR Parish police got involved.

April 2018: After going out with friends, Davis is accused of throwing her around, clawing her, and punching her in the ribs. The girl suffered a broken rib and was treated at a campus medical facility at some point. Pictures were taken, showing ribs and nail markings. A police report was reportedly initially filed, although it seems to have disappeared. No other information is available.

May 2018: After getting in an altercation in the car on Perkins road, Davis threw her phone out of the car window. He abandon her but ultimately came back for her. When she got back in the car, he choked her. Pictures were taken of her bruised neck.

June 2018: This was when she punched, choked, and ear ripped

And to add: Davis sent the girl a text that read "I WILL KILL YOU"

Considering she was a LSU athlete who was treated at LSU facilities, had pictures taken by LSU employees and fellow teammates, I am really curious as to how this wasn't addressed earlier than the actual arrest.

So, here we are. Davis has been released from EBR and is planning on practicing this week. The girlfriend still does not have an attorney. Everything is squashed within the world of LSU and LSU police, but what about East Baton Rouge Parish? The parish DA can prosecute a domestic abuse case. But of course, the DA is none other than LSU and Catholic High (where Patrick Peterson' s dad was "employed") donor and faithful, Hillar Moore.

Let's see if he follows through on his words:

As District Attorney, Hillar Moore will:
  • Vigorously prosecute those who hurt our children, especially Internet predators.
  • Strengthen the Witness Victim Coordinator positions to make sure the District Attorney’s office communicates with victims and families of crime.
  • Work with our schools to intervene with problem kids before they commit offenses and enter the court system.
  • Work with all Parish law enforcement agencies to reduce crime in East Baton Rouge.
  • Immediately identify and prosecute violent repeat offenders.
  • Demand high bonds for violent and repeat offenders.
  • Work to require drug tests for all felony arrests.
I think the POS needs to go to jail

Advertisement
Why was second best option Cincinnati, then?
I believe it was it was close to home, family, and an offense that fits him, but they had a senior qb I believe that would have been hard to beat. Also LSU didn’t have a clear favorite starter even though all 3 had talent.

I believe it was it was close to home, family, and an offense that fits him, but they had a senior qb I believe that would have been hard to beat. Also LSU didn’t have a clear favorite starter even though all 3 had talent.

Or schools that weren’t completely desperate for a QB didn’t want the kid.

Advertisement
I’ve been lurking on their site for about a week now and they went from proclaiming a 38-14, 35-10 etc. etc. then to Lane Kiffin would be a great coach!

Lol Tigerdroppings is funny. Appropriate name for the site
2256DF31-969A-4833-A022-8242472ADAE8.jpeg

But Miami is perfect. Try not to throw rocks from glass houses. University of Miami Football Player Arrested | Arrest Nation

The last arrest was a walk on QB in 2016. And the Mark Walton arrest was false and in 2016.

Go back to your swamp shanti. Your program has been dirty since the 70s and still only managed 2 titles. One of which was while you had Emmerett and Saban at the helm

Your school is trash and will always be trash. Your program is holding on by a thread (booster, and raymond). Hopefully we do gods work and stomp a mudhole in that ***

Advertisement
But Miami is perfect. Try not to throw rocks from glass houses. University of Miami Football Player Arrested | Arrest Nation

Dude. "Tucker Beirne?" You're going to post about "Tucker Beirne?" This is a Canes fan site, and I challenge you to find a person here who has ever heard this name. Find how many posts have been made about him. When Kaaya and Rosier were battling against Sheriffs, Perry, Testeverde and Weldon how many people threw "Tucker Beirne's" name into the mix? I am just now learning about this guy!

People here are talking about a WR who started in all of your games last year!

So glad **** like this doesn't happen anymore here.

Attachments

• 39569793_1942645805831791_2562548849398775808_n.jpg
    39569793_1942645805831791_2562548849398775808_n.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 14
Advertisement
Back