LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

I'm not buying it, but I hope you are right. I can guarantee you at least on of those backs plays in the NFL. Brosette/Curry were both highly ranked recruits, just because they backed up Guice/Fournette doesn't mean they can't play.

Brosette was a lower ranked 4* who hasn't done a single thing and hasn't flashed anything. He's not exactly Sean Taylor playing behind Ed Reed.
Curry was as low as a 4* one can be while still being a 4*, that we passed on.
Whereas guys like Guice and Fournette were borderline to actual 5* recruits.

Advertisement
Brosette was a lower ranked 4* who hasn't done a single thing and hasn't flashed anything. He's not exactly Sean Taylor playing behind Ed Reed.

What were Blue, Hill, Ridley, Hilliard, Magee, Moore, Ware and Williams, who are all LSU backs currently on NFL rosters? Thanks.

/Homer was a "low" 4 star btw

I've heard, read, and understand the points you have made. But we have a major questions on offense as well. OL and QB are Major points of concern against good defensive teams which LSU always is. I'm not buying the notion that LSU has 0 playmakers and we are playing 11 vs 0. Just like we have some unproven guys at CB , offensive line, and honestly at the WR spot outside of Ahmon. They have guys who will fill their voids and lineup as do we.

Yes we have mad talent and depth but to this date if you are an LSU fan you really only get scared by Ahmon Richards. He's a household name. Berrios and Richards were household names. We got guys more than capable of stepping up as do they. Your not getting scared or game planning around dudes with less than 400 yards. As of today we have Ahmon and a bunch of other guys fighting to lock down the rest of the spots. I wouldn't be surprised to see a freshman emerge as the number 2 WR.

That's all to say that this game shouldn't be taken for granted one of our biggest games in years and opportunity to make a statement for all the SEC fanboys of the world. Winning this game would give our kids loads of confidence for the season. Even Mark Richt doesn't take the game lightly but our fans do? On the interview a few weeks back Richt said "Oh man I guess we scheduled that game"

We SHOULD win. But don't take these cats lightly they've been horrible on offense for many years now and still was winning 10 and 11 games.

LSU has not won more than 9 games the last 4 seasons.

In that span Miami is 33-19 while LSU is 34-18. Pretty much a mirror. Pretty equal programs.

Have you guys actually watched the Spring films on Burrow's time at OSU? He doesn't look all-world, but he looks like a guy with the ability to step up and run a bit (think Syracuse QB) and a guy with a very clean release. He fit a number of passes into windows - and some of this was 2 years ago. I'll defer to OSU people who've seen him more, but that's what the plays on the actual videos show.

Yeah, I think he looks solid. Dinks and dunks a lot with high % throws. Lots of shallow crosses and throws into the flats. Doesn't really have a big arm, but it's accurate enough. Some mobility.
Assuming he's just not another QB that does well under Meyer because they all have a really high floor under him, it will depend on how LSU is set up. If all they need is a QB that can go out there and get rid of the ball quickly to playmakers and they aren't asking him to do much else, he can have some success. If they are asking him to carry the offensive load, his Ohio State highlights didn't really look like that type of QB.

What were Blue, Hill, Ridley, Hilliard, Magee, Moore, Ware and Williams, who are all LSU backs currently on NFL rosters? Thanks.

Darlin, I have no idea. You're the one hyping up the recruiting ranking of Brosette and Curry, as if they have a ranking anybody should worry about. They don't.

Advertisement

Fournette a borderline 5 star??? Come on man, he was the number one recruit coming out of high school that year.

That is due to qb play and the lack of developing qb's under Miles. I think that will change with Burrow. If Orgeron wins 8 or less games this year, his seat will be super hot.

Advertisement
I just did, he wasn't borderline anything. He could have played in the NFL after his senior year. He didn't need any college reps.

I listed two players. I said they ran the recruiting spectrum of borderline 5* to actual 5*. I'm not sure why that's confusing you, but since you've made two posts about it, it clearly is.

Is it not now?
Some think so and others don't since we are still paying off Miles buyout. IMO I think its super hot and Alleva's job is on the line. Will Wade and the fantastic job he's doing with the basketball program won't be enough to save Alleva which makes many LSU fans happy.

Advertisement
LSU dlineman Rashard Lawrence their best guy on the dline only had 1.5 sack 3.5 tfls....

Fehoko the transfer from Texas tech was a freshman all American in the big 12 and transferred. Suppose to be strong but he didn’t look that impressive in the spring game.

Glen Logan the de rumored to be transferring to Miami last year looks to be starting with Edwin Alexander not healthy.

Tyler shelvin is out of shape and 360 plus.

Klavon Chaisson is very talented but didn’t play a whole lot last year 4.5 tfls 2 sacks at outside linebacker.

Personally not seeing where all this depth they keep saying they have on the Dline especially behind the starters. When I watch Their film they don’t seem imposing at all. Mostly unproven talent and the ones who have played hasn’t made that much of an impact. Lawrence spent the whole year starting pretty much and only had 3.5 tfls and 1.5 sacks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some think so and others don't since we are still paying off Miles buyout. IMO I think its super hot and Alleva's job is on the line. Will Wade and the fantastic job he's doing with the basketball program won't be enough to save Alleva which makes many LSU fans happy.

Whoever the QB selection is for the UM game...Is it safe to say they are on a short leash if things go south in a hurry...Or is Orgeron going to ride with whomever the chose is at least for that game..?

LSU dlineman Rashard Lawrence their best guy on the dline only had 1.5 sack 3.5 tfls....

Fehoko the transfer from Texas tech was a freshman all American in the big 12 and transferred. Suppose to be strong but he didn’t look that impressive in the spring game.

Glen Logan the de rumored to be transferring to Miami last year looks to be starting with Edwin Alexander not healthy.

Tyler shelvin is out of shape and 360 plus.

Klavon Chaisson is very talented but didn’t play a whole lot last year 4.5 tfls 2 sacks at outside linebacker.

Personally not seeing where all this depth they keep saying they have on the Dline especially behind the starters. When I watch Their film they don’t seem imposing at all. Mostly unproven talent and the ones who have played hasn’t made that much of an impact. Lawrence spent the whole year starting pretty much and only had 3.5 tfls and 1.5 sacks.

Rashard was injured for a lot of last year and is healthy finally. Logan has a lot of talent, but he needed to grow up and it seems like Rashard has been a good influence on him and he has his act together academically and in the film room. Chaisson is a name you will hear a lot in the opener. He will have to be double teamed or Rosier will be on his *** a lot. Tyler looked unblockable in the spring game, but like I said before his weight is an issue and will only see a handful of plays until his weight gets under 350. Fehoko didn't look impressive in the spring game, but from all accounts from the media during fall camp he looks really good. Hoping that game was just a fluke.

Advertisement
Back