LSU DC talks preparing for Miami

Advertisement
Laying blame on guys going to the NFL? Regardless, RJ and Kendrick were unknown quantities at one time.

I honestly believe our DT position is deeper than the past 5 years. We have 5 legit rotation players at DT. Willis, Bethel, Ford, Silvera, and Odenigbo. Only question marks for me areTyreic Martin and the freshman Jordan Miller who could be another Kendrick Norton.

Just for some perspective. We have more depth at DT than Clemson. They only have 4 DT's on their roster in which one of them is a true freshman 3-star recruit. No 2017 DT recruits. Lost their top 2018 5-star DT recruit to a transfer to U. of South Carolina and will lose 2 DT's this year (1 senior and Dexter Lawrence NFL). After the 2018 season, Clemson will have only 2 DT's left from their 2016-2018 classes.

Also, what makes you think LSU's O-line is going to be dominant? Willis is going to "show out" against his hometown Tigers in front of his family and friends. This is where Willis announces himself as "NFL ready." I expect solid play from the other DT's. Ford and/or Bethal could break out as well.

Don't sweat it Bro. We good up front!!!

If we’re being objective, LSU o line should be average. But they’ve always been a very physical team. I look at 275 DT in Bethel and 250 pound Garvin in the starting lineup and get nervous. Now if ford can step up and D. Jack and pick up where he left off then we should be fine. I don’t like the idea of Bethel starting. They’ll target him all game

The whole ******* world will be watching this game. No other football games on at all. The Sunday before opening week in the NFL.

LSU coaching staff is pulling out all the stops.

cajun.jpg

Advertisement
They will struggle to move the ball on us.

If we can use quick slants and RB options (to counter that sick DL) it will open up the field for the young TE's to shine.

The only people responsible for us losing to LSU will be, RJ Mcintosh and Ken Norton and to some extent (recruiting wise) coach Kool

I hate to say it but LSU is going to run it down our throats against are unproven young DT's....Willis cant do it alone

with McIntosh and Norton we win this game hands down!!!!

just being practical but we just finished our top season in a while, lost our last 3 in a row (you are only as good as your last game)
and now face a Tiger team coming off a horrible season. Say what you want and coach O may not be the sharpest knife int he drawer
but he is one master at motivation.
I'm afraid LSu is going to come out hungrier than Us and just smash mouth us

I hope sure as **** hope I am wrong
Porst less. Your stupidity almost gave me a stroke.

I still think of majority of Miami fans are in wait and see mode. Last season was a roller coaster when we played phenomenally against Notre Dame and Virginia Tech but then drop the ball towards the end of the year. I attribute a lot of that to our main injuries on offense and stubbornness of offensive play-calling. However, I am no longer expecting other teams to out play us mentally or physically. I believe we have completely turned the corner as a program. Our coaches have players understanding the importance of the intensity needed to be a player at Miami. LSU will be great competition because they are solid team but in no way shape or form will we come unprepared to play a massive opening day game.

Seriously, name one team in the country, that would've beat Clemson missing their 3 best offensive players. We were without Richards, Herndon, and Walton. Not Bama, not UGA, not anybody.

Advertisement
If we’re being objective, LSU o line should be average. But they’ve always been a very physical team. I look at 275 DT in Bethel and 250 pound Garvin in the starting lineup and get nervous. Now if ford can step up and D. Jack and pick up where he left off then we should be fine. I don’t like the idea of Bethel starting. They’ll target him all game
Why? You're using lbs from last year. Garvin is fine. He's the weekside DE. Had no problem with ND's Mcglinchey. He'll be even stronger come September. I don't mind our guys being 10-15 lbs less than average. That extra weight doesn't mean sh***. I want lean, mean, fast, not a bunch of fat Doe(s) from the Al Golden era.

The only people responsible for us losing to LSU will be, RJ Mcintosh and Ken Norton and to some extent (recruiting wise) coach Kool

I hate to say it but LSU is going to run it down our throats against are unproven young DT's....Willis cant do it alone

with McIntosh and Norton we win this game hands down!!!!

just being practical but we just finished our top season in a while, lost our last 3 in a row (you are only as good as your last game)
and now face a Tiger team coming off a horrible season. Say what you want and coach O may not be the sharpest knife int he drawer
but he is one master at motivation.
I'm afraid LSu is going to come out hungrier than Us and just smash mouth us

I hope sure as **** hope I am wrong

By all accounts Gerald Willis is unblockable and every bit as talented as the outgoing seniors. We also have high-end talent in Ford, Silvera, and I expect Bethel to pick up where he left off last season. Not concerned about DT. Dudes are ready step up.

Advertisement
They spent all that time preparing for QB draw, 4 verts and bubble screens?

Nope. It was all trying to stop last minute drive. They don't score much and that masl minute thing is what our guy does best. That assumes they noticed that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back