LSU DC talks preparing for Miami

we are far too multiple in formation and personnel to be easily planned for.

We run 21,12,11 & empty sets.
Everyone in the backfield is a threat to run at any time, including the QB.
Everyone can catch passes, including the QB.
Everyone blocks downfield.
We have tremendous depth, length, and team speed at the WR position.
We have a 5th-yr senior QB.
We have an extremely competitive play-caller who adapts to his personnel.

If the Oline can push people & hold blocks a little better than last season we'll be a problem to defend. Richt had []__[]s on the brink of the playoffs--even if we lost the ACCCG--with, a mercurial MALIK ROSIER at QB, an offensive line that couldn't convert 3rd & 1, and, as @Coach Macho says, 3 plays! Now, add the talent of the 2018 to the mix and LSU should be worried.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Our guys need to prepare with the same intensity as ND. They have to come prepared to play physical.

LSU is talking like they are taking this game as serious as their UGA game or Bama.

They spent all that time preparing for QB draw, 4 verts and bubble screens?

Next time they bring in coaches like this past spring, take Richt and Brown aside and how about you draw them up a couple of your best plays on the back of a napkin. That way we can have a little of your genius in the offensive game plan. ;)

If we lose to LSU I'm just going to accept the reality we're the new old Georgia.

The only people responsible for us losing to LSU will be, RJ Mcintosh and Ken Norton and to some extent (recruiting wise) coach Kool

I hate to say it but LSU is going to run it down our throats against are unproven young DT's....Willis cant do it alone

with McIntosh and Norton we win this game hands down!!!!

just being practical but we just finished our top season in a while, lost our last 3 in a row (you are only as good as your last game)
and now face a Tiger team coming off a horrible season. Say what you want and coach O may not be the sharpest knife int he drawer
but he is one master at motivation.
I'm afraid LSu is going to come out hungrier than Us and just smash mouth us

I hope sure as **** hope I am wrong

Advertisement
The only people responsible for us losing to LSU will be, RJ Mcintosh and Ken Norton and to some extent (recruiting wise) coach Kool

I hate to say it but LSU is going to run it down our throats against are unproven young DT's....Willis cant do it alone

just being practical but we just finished our top season in a while, lost our last 3 in a row (you are only as good as your last game)
and now face a Tiger team coming off a horrible season. Say what you want and coach O may not be the sharpest knife int he drawer

Holy sh*t

Move around bruh, you got to get the **** on out of here with that bullsh*t. You are a talking about Miami dt depth go look at their dline and see who actually contributed , they starting de had 3.5 tfls 1.5 sack and he started 11 games for them... leading dlineman klavon chaison had 4.5 tfls 2.0 sacks. They are largely more unproven than Miami for sure on the dline. And run it down our throats with what running back? Gtfoh with that bullsh*t, Notre Dame has the best rushing attack in the country until they faced Miami and then what happened?

McIntosh and Norton was good but their production can be replaced period especially norton. People lose football players every year and the production gets replaced. There is no reason to think it won’t playing in our attacking style defense with how talented our starters are on the dline and just the defense in general

Nothing new to see here.

So what? Nowadays every D-1 team does pretty much the same preparing for any other team.

Anyway If we execute, no amount of preparation can help them ......and nothing can prepare them for the number of players with elite speed we're bringing ( Thomas, Richards, Pope, Lingard, Harley etc etc)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I still think of majority of Miami fans are in wait and see mode. Last season was a roller coaster when we played phenomenally against Notre Dame and Virginia Tech but then drop the ball towards the end of the year. I attribute a lot of that to our main injuries on offense and stubbornness of offensive play-calling. However, I am no longer expecting other teams to out play us mentally or physically. I believe we have completely turned the corner as a program. Our coaches have players understanding the importance of the intensity needed to be a player at Miami. LSU will be great competition because they are solid team but in no way shape or form will we come unprepared to play a massive opening day game.

we are far too multiple in formation and personnel to be easily planned for.

We run 21,12,11 & empty sets.
Everyone in the backfield is a threat to run at any time, including the QB.
Everyone can catch passes, including the QB.
Everyone blocks downfield.
We have tremendous depth, length, and team speed at the WR position.
We have a 5th-yr senior QB.
We have an extremely competitive play-caller who adapts to his personnel.

If the Oline can push people & hold blocks a little better than last season we'll be a problem to defend. Richt had []__[]s on the brink of the playoffs--even if we lost the ACCCG--with, a mercurial MALIK ROSIER at QB, an offensive line that couldn't convert 3rd and 1, and, as @Coach Macho says, 3 plays! Now, add the talent of the 2018 to the mix and LSU should be worried.
We have a 5th year senior at Qb. 🤦🏾‍♂️What the ***c!!!!🤫You’re giving away the secret weapon!!!

Advertisement
It’s really amazing that people treat like LSU like theyre a juggernaut. They haven’t won 10 games since 2013.

They are similar to Miami in years like 2010.

Laying blame on guys going to the NFL? Regardless, RJ and Kendrick were unknown quantities at one time.

I honestly believe our DT position is deeper than the past 5 years. We have 5 legit rotation players at DT. Willis, Bethel, Ford, Silvera, and Odenigbo. Only question marks for me areTyreic Martin and the freshman Jordan Miller who could be another Kendrick Norton.

Just for some perspective. We have more depth at DT than Clemson. They only have 4 DT's on their roster in which one of them is a true freshman 3-star recruit. No 2017 DT recruits. Lost their top 2018 5-star DT recruit to a transfer to U. of South Carolina and will lose 2 DT's this year (1 senior and Dexter Lawrence NFL). After the 2018 season, Clemson will have only 2 DT's left from their 2016-2018 classes.

Also, what makes you think LSU's O-line is going to be dominant? Willis is going to "show out" against his hometown Tigers in front of his family and friends. This is where Willis announces himself as "NFL ready." I expect solid play from the other DT's. Ford and/or Bethal could break out as well.

Don't sweat it Bro. We good up front!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
One of the biggest things that separates the $EC teams from everyone else is their support staff budget, Dave Aranda talks about how LSU Analysts spend 2 weeks a month on Miami.

They have even talked to coaches who Miami played last year ( I am gonna guess that would be the Wisconsin staff, since Aranda came from Wisconsin).

According to odds Canes slight favorite in game. Therefore I believe that this will be a close game and a defensive battle. No reason to be be overly pessimistic or overly optimistic. Game can come down to turnovers.

We didnt have a stable of RBs with Realus leading the way and two top flight TEs last year. Cant wait.

Advertisement
Back