LSU DB coach Corey Raymond

Advertisement
I haven't heard about DC but I know he has been reaching out to express interest in Miami.

No DC experience! With the kind of cash we got to spend on this hire, we prolly need to go with someone with more experience calling plays. For all I know, he may be an outstanding coach some day, but we need someone whose at least called plays before at the college level.

Advertisement
Was reading a thread on LSU's board debating him as leader, they seem to love him as DB coach but don't really want as DC but think he deserves a big raise. I would prefer an old head with major experience if the million they are talking about throwing around is any indication.

hasn't he been chased by Saban a few times and turned down? or am I mistaken?

Our recruiting with richt, him, rocker, lilly, mcclendon would be ELITE.

I haven't heard about DC but I know he has been reaching out to express interest in Miami.

Who are you hearing in the mix for DC?

With Raymond in the mix, would he come with Kevin Steele?

Is Tom Allen a legit candidate?

Advertisement
The guy is from Louisiana, went to LSU, and makes $300k. Seems like there is ZERO chance he'd want to leave to be a DB coach here.

Side note: he also spent 1 year as the assistant S&C coach under Moffitt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If our budget is as big as I've heard, I would give him $500k. Great recruiter and coach.

We would be saving OC money by having Richt call plays.

I would actually take him for DC. It can be done....remember Jimbo hiring Bama's DB coach (Pruitt) for DC. What happened? Top 3 defense and a national title.

I approve of this scenario.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back