LSU DB coach Corey Raymond

If Richt hires a total unknown at DC with a budget over $1M, a defense that has sucked for years, and him being so deeply involved with the offense calling plays and coaching QBs, then he's a moron.

Advertisement
I would actually take him for DC. It can be done....remember Jimbo hiring Bama's DB coach (Pruitt) for DC. What happened? Top 3 defense and a national title.

I approve of this scenario.

To add to that, he's worked with some good defensive coaches. He may not be my first choice.....but I wouldn't be mad at all...

Advertisement
Why would he take a lateral move from LSU to Miami

Because of the likely hood that the entire LSU staff could be let go next year.

He can get a DB job anywhere I'm not buying that at all

How about a pay increase as DB coach? Can he get a DB job anywhere for $500K? If he's making $300K, $200K is nice bump. Assuming he is worth the money.

I heard he wants a 90-100 k bump

Advertisement
Don't see it happening but landing him would be huge. I'd imagine we'd hire a DC before the rest of the defensive staff is filled out....

Good DC's are looking to become head coaches or staying where they're at. Good assistants become DC's. It won't be D'no so relax.

there are a number of dc's who were position coaches who are top notch dc's now. kirby smart lest anyone forget was promoted at bama from db coach to dc at bama after muschamp left for texas. he only became such a good dc he is now head coach of georgia.

i just want richt to get the guy he thinks is best for the job. i don't care if it is a former position coach who he thinks will make a great dc, or if its an established dc he lures from another program ala brent venables.

there aren't many dc's out there u can just go get though. bud foster is staying at vt and he is the biggest name i know whose team lost its head coach. no matter the pedigree u just need a dc who knows football and will play the d u want to play which for richt is a 4-3 base.

just remember no matter who he hires will be better then donofrio.

Advertisement

How about a pay increase as DB coach? Can he get a DB job anywhere for $500K? If he's making $300K, $200K is nice bump. Assuming he is worth the money.

500k for a DB coach? cmon mane

Bama pays there strength coach 500k.

Multiple teams pay assistant coaches mid six figures.

Offer 400-450 and give him assistant or associate HC title.

Advertisement
there are a number of dc's who were position coaches who are top notch dc's now. kirby smart lest anyone forget was promoted at bama from db coach to dc at bama after muschamp left for texas. he only became such a good dc he is now head coach of georgia.

i just want richt to get the guy he thinks is best for the job. i don't care if it is a former position coach who he thinks will make a great dc, or if its an established dc he lures from another program ala brent venables.

there aren't many dc's out there u can just go get though. bud foster is staying at vt and he is the biggest name i know whose team lost its head coach. no matter the pedigree u just need a dc who knows football and will play the d u want to play which for richt is a 4-3 base.

just remember no matter who he hires will be better then donofrio.

I'm sure Kirby's success had nothig to do with that Saban guy. He was running Saban's D. Not the same situation here at all.

67% increase is more than a "bump".
We apparently have a few bucks to spend. Let's spent it wisely.

Advertisement
Back