LSU Away Game Ticket Availability for Hurricane Club Members

LOL - I just looked. The only tickets that are much less than face are corner nosebleeds that will still probably end up being close to $90 with all the fees. I mean these are faaaaar away. Anything with a decent view is selling OVER face value. Look again.

I’ve used the secondary market before, I don’t have anything against them, but I think with the selection process just a few days away, it’s smart to wait and see what you cat from the school before you make any decisions.
That's my plan. I'm wondering how many will actually purchase tickets especially for $300.

Advertisement
That's my plan. I'm wondering how many will actually purchase tickets especially for $300.

I am.

$300 isn’t bad at all considering it’s their club section. Especially if I can score around or near the 50 yd line in the 200s. We’ll see.

And I want to make sure I want sit with canes. Last thing I need is to spend all that money and then have to spend all game fighting the urge to piledrive some sloppy drunk slapdick LSU fan next to me.

When you consider I’m paying airline tickets, hotels, transportation, meals, etc, why would I cheap out on the main event.

After the crap show for the acccg I'd rather go through a secondary market. The ticket office consistently repeats the same rhetoric of "high demand and exclusivity for away tickets" I've heard the same nonsense for decades now. Cane fans don't travel well. The few that do shouldn't have to shell out more money to "To elevate your Allocation Tier, which will increase your ranking." I'm sure we all know equally die hard cane fans that actually go to the games and are in their seats at kickoff. Instead of in the parking lot until the second quarter. Unfortunately, not all have the means to donate insanely large amounts of money to "increase their priority for LSU Seat Selection."

this. ill wait and see what kind of deal they give me once my appt is emailed to me otherwise ill get it straight from the cowboy classic site or aftermarket.

Advertisement
LOL - I just looked. The only tickets that are much less than face are corner nosebleeds that will still probably end up being close to $90 with all the fees. I mean these are faaaaar away. Anything with a decent view is selling OVER face value. Look again.

I’ve used the secondary market before, I don’t have anything against them, but I think with the selection process just a few days away, it’s smart to wait and see what you cat from the school before you make any decisions.

What are you LOLing about... look at c107...

They have an installment plan, but I think you can join for as little as $50, or at least it used to be.
A little off topic (but) went to the Appy State game last year and met a family from Miami whose son was attending ASU for a grad degree after getting his undergrad at the U (long story). I wasn't about to pay $700-900 on Stub Hub for tickets so we scalped tix on campus. This family told us that all it would take was a $50 donation to join the Club and have access to away game tix. Not sure if that's still true or not. I'll be checking into this for some of this years away games.

What are you LOLing about... look at c107...

Here’s what I’m lol’ng about, junior. Those two really “cheap” tickets on StubHub for $270 each (purportedly $30 each under face value) have service charges etc of over $55 each, making buying 2 around $670.

Not only that, they’re in the fūcking corner,

On top of that, they’re just one set of only a very very few priced like that. And in a shltty location for the price.

Whereas through the school it’s going to be face value, and I’m counting on a better location for my $300, with a minimal service charge.

Next time come better prepared.

Here, hold this big *** L.

Advertisement

Strange comeback when you’ve been proven decisively wrong. I’m not mad, but you should be embarrassed to be so wrong.

You’re trying to get people to spend more for their tickets, when they can pay less, and help the athletic program they’re a fan off. At the very least they can wait a week and see what kind of ticket they can get from the school for a face value price.

Some kind of fan you are, huh?

Why would I be mad? I know what I’m talking about. You don’t. Keep holding that L

I'm breaking my own rules by not arguing with a moron, but since I took a half day. I have nothing else to do today. So here we go I guess. Where am I telling others not to donate to the school. Whether or not fans want to donate is up to them. As for donating more money to increase their tier level. Then yes, do not do that. It didn't end well for several people I know. If anyone is reading this and had a similar experience by all means feel free to chime in so this d*ck grabber doesn't continue to wet himself. Who cares about the tiers? I have a family, a mortgage, and a kid in college, and another one right behind him. What does it matter how much money I donate? I get the U is private and small but hey I have my own sh*t to worry about and I'm sure others do. Why penalize someone based on their financial status?! Do you even donate? Did you even graduate college let alone go here? You know my tier, whats yours? I'd love to see this Lmfao!!!!
50 bucks increases your tier level and dont call me a moron like you did the other guy. Chill

I clearly did when I received the e-mail myself. What's your point dumbass? I'm in tier 2 and my acccg seats were crap. My ND seats were crap, FSU seats were crap, bowl game seats were crap. My friends donated more money to increase their chances to get acccg and were shut out. I urge people not to donate. You're still in a lottery pool either way. Look at the people in tier 3. They're going to spend that amount of money to leave their seat assignments to chance. That's like flying cross country on spirit airlines. Go on stub hub or vivid and pick your seats. The cowboy fans who have psl already have seats for sale. We all know seats prices will drop closer to the game.
You are only tier 2 if you gave the extra hurricane donation, with your logic why would you do that since the HC tickets are crap? And they just started this process?? busted.

Advertisement
You are only tier 2 if you gave the extra hurricane donation, with your logic why would you do that since the HC tickets are crap? And they just started this process?? busted.

Dude’s a lying sack of shlt that got busted. It’s really easy to bust people on these matters because I’m the real deal deal, I don’t lie, and I can back up anything I say. They can’t.

First way too obvious clue was him claiming to be Tier 2 and then urging people NOT to donate. First of all, what kind of fan, even fans that don’t have the money, tell other fans not to donate? Think about it.

Not only that, but if you’re Tier 2, it means you’ve made a significant and likely long term financial commitment to the program. There are 10+ year season ticket holders that are tier 3. So a Tier 2 is going to urge people not to contribute a little more.

Finally, he doesn’t even know how the process works and could have easily screenshotted and I would have manned up and apologized. I’m not too proud or stubborn to admit when I’m wrong.

But notice, he slithered away quietly, like these snakes usually do. They come in all hot, and backup with shlt in their pants hoping nobody notices.

Dude’s a lying sack of shlt that got busted. It’s really easy to bust people on these matters because I’m the real deal deal, I don’t lie, and I can back up anything I say. They can’t.

First way too obvious clue was him claiming to be Tier 2 and then urging people NOT to donate. First of all, what kind of fan, even fans that don’t have the money, tell other fans not to donate? Think about it.

Not only that, but if you’re Tier 2, it means you’ve made a significant and likely long term financial commitment to the program. There are 10+ year season ticket holders that are tier 3. So a Tier 2 is going to urge people not to contribute a little more.

Finally, he doesn’t even know how the process works and could have easily screenshotted and I would have manned up and apologized. I’m not too proud or stubborn to admit when I’m wrong.

But notice, he slithered away quietly, like these snakes usually do. They come in all hot, and backup with shlt in their pants hoping nobody notices.
I cant tolerate folks who just want to stir things up and do it with misinformation. The only way to be tier 2 in this brand new system is the Student Impact Donation, an extra amount of any value above and beyond your season ticket mandated donation. So if he was really tier 2, he is not, he made the extra donation he was telling folks is a waste of time. We busted him.

Tier 2: Members with a Student Impact Donation and Season Tickets* (738 members as of 3/26/2018)

Ok, I can speak to my experience. I got fsu tickets through the HC last year and my donation level is high, I'm in a suite. The tickets I qualified for we're in the corner section, I think 15 and row 84. I ended up selling them to my Airbnb host and bought 50 yard line seats, I think section 10, about a quarter of the way up from the field; for less. Then, for the OB I was in the $250 to $300 range with no guarantee of location and my own rep connected me to the Orange Bowl committee and I bought tickets in the suite for $500. Just a month ago, I bought tickets from vivid seats for the Dallas game, 50 yard line, 7th row from our sideline for $375 each. I did this because I assumed it would be a similar process and I donate plenty; however it does seem as though for this game, the HC has much better options.
I agree - there are times when the HC tickets are not as good as I would like, but we are sitting with our Canes fans. This may be better. 7th row in the 50 for 375 is good. The fact his guy misled folks about why he is unhappy and used misinformation, Tier 2 and says dont give any extra money, is what got me riled up. thx for the data.

Advertisement
I agree - there are times when the HC tickets are not as good as I would like, but we are sitting with our Canes fans. This may be better. 7th row in the 50 for 375 is good. The fact his guy misled folks about why he is unhappy and used misinformation, Tier 2 and says dont give any extra money, is what got me riled up. thx for the data.
No problem and I agree. Just say the truth/and or your experiences and let people decide for themselves. Share resources of information, like OP did starting this thread.

No problem and I agree. Just say the truth/and or your experiences and let people decide for themselves. Share resources of information, like OP did starting this thread.
I looked yesterday and the best sections on the 50 are going for around 400 right now. You did good with 375!!!

I looked yesterday and the best sections on the 50 are going for around 400 right now. You did good with 375!!!
Yeah I figured they would go up. You can always gamble on it not selling out or teams have bad records, etc. But with it being a kickoff classic at Cowboys stadium and Miami vs. LSU, with what happened the last time we played, I decided to jump on them.

Yeah I figured they would go up. You can always gamble on it not selling out or teams have bad records, etc. But with it being a kickoff classic at Cowboys stadium and Miami vs. LSU, with what happened the last time we played, I decided to jump on them.

You may have made the right move by paying the $75 premium for 50 yd line seats. At least you assured yourself of excellent seats very early in the process and took the worry and the guesswork out of the equation, think of it as a $75 insurance policy for peace of mind.

You had no way of knowing that the Hurricane club was going to have this much of an improved process for this particular game. But I guess this is the first time that we have played in a prestige “bowl” for an opening game, so they are actually handling it in a very professional manner. Like they do for the season tickets selection process, which has very much improved in the last few years.

I get my appointment time this Friday and I’m hoping I can get around the 40 or 50 yard line. I know it will be $300 since they are face value sales. I don’t have the exact number, but I’m in Tier 2 and there are only like maybe around 900 people ahead of me in both Tier 1 and 2 combined. If I can’t get something around the 50, it’s because the school was not allocated very many top quality tickets, which would suck. That would not make sense, though. We’ll see. It would mean they were only allocated less than 1,000 tickets between the 40 yard lines on the Miami side. Boy, I hope that’s not the case. I’ll soon know.

So either way, you did the right thing at the time. Those seats will do nothing but go up in price, even if I can get right smack in the 50 in the Founders club.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back