LSU Away Game Ticket Availability for Hurricane Club Members

Advertisement

Maybe he need another example:

Dear XXXX,
As a benefit of your Hurricane Club Membership, you have the opportunity to request away football game tickets, including the 2018 AdvoCare Classic at AT&T Stadium featuring Miami vs LSU. Please read below for important information regarding football away game tickets.
Miami vs LSU at AT&T Stadium:
All Hurricane Club members will have the opportunity to select their own seats via an online stadium map for the LSU game. You will receive a LSU Seat Selection Appointment, which will be determined by your Hurricane Club Allocation Tier (see below).

Hurricane Club Allocation Tiers for Away Game Tickets: The Hurricane Club Allocation Tiers allow for an organized ranking of members. Your allocation is based on annual level of support, and includes lifetime total giving to athletics and consecutive years of support. Allocations for away football games and post-season play is determined by your ranking within the following tiers:

Tier 1: Golden Cane Society Members and Executive Suites (165 members as of 3/26/2018)

Tier 2: Members with a Student Impact Donation and Season Tickets* (738 members as of 3/26/2018)

Tier 3: Members with a Student Impact Donation or Season Tickets* Only (8,416 members as of 3/26/2018)

You are currently in: Tier 2
As of today, your rank within Tier 2 is xx

*Season tickets for football and/or men’s basketball
To elevate your Allocation Tier you can make a Student Impact Donation or buy Season Tickets , which will increase your ranking. For more information on how to increase your gift, please call the Hurricane Club at 305-284-6699 or click here: Student Impact Donation. To buy season tickets, please call the ticket office at 1-800-GO-CANES or visit HurricaneSports.com/Tickets.
  • The deadline to increase your priority for your LSU Seat Selection Appointment is Wednesday, April 4
  • Your LSU Seat Selection Appointment will be emailed to you on Friday, April 6
  • LSU Seat Selections will take place the week of Monday, April 9 - Friday, April 13
  • Deadlin\

Advertisement
Ok, I can speak to my experience. I got fsu tickets through the HC last year and my donation level is high, I'm in a suite. The tickets I qualified for we're in the corner section, I think 15 and row 84. I ended up selling them to my Airbnb host and bought 50 yard line seats, I think section 10, about a quarter of the way up from the field; for less. Then, for the OB I was in the $250 to $300 range with no guarantee of location and my own rep connected me to the Orange Bowl committee and I bought tickets in the suite for $500. Just a month ago, I bought tickets from vivid seats for the Dallas game, 50 yard line, 7th row from our sideline for $375 each. I did this because I assumed it would be a similar process and I donate plenty; however it does seem as though for this game, the HC has much better options.

Ok, I can speak to my experience. I got fsu tickets through the HC last year and my donation level is high, I'm in a suite. The tickets I qualified for we're in the corner section, I think 15 and row 84. I ended up selling them to my Airbnb host and bought 50 yard line seats, I think section 10, about a quarter of the way up from the field; for less. Then, for the OB I was in the $250 to $300 range with no guarantee of location and my own rep connected me to the Orange Bowl committee and I bought tickets in the suite for $500. Just a month ago, I bought tickets from vivid seats for the Dallas game, 50 yard line, 7th row from our sideline for $375 each. I did this because I assumed it would be a similar process and I donate plenty; however it does seem as though for this game, the HC has much better options.

That’s my point.

This time they’re actually doing it right. To recommend waiting is probably egregious, there’s just as much of a chance the seats go up as go down. If you go through the school you get to pick your seats online in a few days at FACE VALUE and we have such few high level donors it’s a joke really. No wonder SEC programs drop bags and we don’t - we only have 1,000 tier 1 and 2 donors. That’s pathetic.

This should be like season ticket selections. So everyone should be able to score decent seats. In the past out of town tickets was hit or miss. I agree. There was no denying that. For non home games, you just had to play it by ear.

I am giving the canes office one more chance. I ordered tickets for the acccg or soon as they went on sale. They said there shouldn't be a problem getting tickets . One week later they send an email that I couldn't get tickets from them so I went on the secondary market and by then the ticket prices went up.so I ended up paying a plot more for crappier seats. And what really ****ed me off was a week later they called and said now I could get tickets. When I called about tickets for lsu they admitted that they really screwed up in the acccg. And they are trying to do better for the lsu game

I am giving the canes office one more chance. I ordered tickets for the acccg or soon as they went on sale. They said there shouldn't be a problem getting tickets . One week later they send an email that I couldn't get tickets from them so I went on the secondary market and by then the ticket prices went up.so I ended up paying a plot more for crappier seats. And what really ****ed me off was a week later they called and said now I could get tickets. When I called about tickets for lsu they admitted that they really screwed up in the acccg. And they are trying to do better for the lsu game

All of these stories are giving me pause about going through the ticket office. I'm tier 3 (new club season ticket holder) at the moment and have contemplated giving the impact donation (category 3) in order to move up to possibly get in the club section for the game. Hearing these stories makes me think twice about doing that and just buying off the secondary market.

Advertisement
You will know what seats you can select online through the school April 9-13, you’ll get an appointment via email April 6.

Assuming you are a club member or season ticket holder.

I’m going through the school. I’m paying face value and I’m competing with only around 1000 or so people for half of that enormous stadium - I ought to be able to get great seats. If I have a problem online, I’ll call one of the guys at the ticket office.

All of these stories are giving me pause about going through the ticket office. I'm tier 3 (new club season ticket holder) at the moment and have contemplated giving the impact donation (category 3) in order to move up to possibly get in the club section for the game. Hearing these stories makes me think twice about doing that and just buying off the secondary market.
University gets some money from the whole transaction anyway. It's obvious the original buyer had a chance to buy the tickets through the U. Also, I'm going to assume the U received some $$ for participating in the game. So go 2ndary market with an easy conscience if that's your choice.

University gets some money from the whole transaction anyway. It's obvious the original buyer had a chance to buy the tickets through the U. Also, I'm going to assume the U received some $$ for participating in the game. So go 2ndary market with an easy conscience if that's your choice.

You think you’re going to get lower than face value through secondary market?

Seriously doubt it. Not now. In fact, I can practically guarantee you’ll be paying OVER face value.

Because that’s what the school is offering. Face value. You won’t get that on the secondary market.

If you’re going to argue all that nonsense then you better show screenshots to prove your point. Ibis99 taking a massive L.

I donated more to be in Tier 2 and will have the option to upgrade my tickets for the LSU game. I believe the prices are $300, $200 and $100. This is something new the school is trying to see if it is more effective. I like at least having the option.

Advertisement

Seriously doubt it. Not now. In fact, I can practically guarantee you’ll be paying OVER face value.

Because that’s what the school is offering. Face value. You won’t get that on the secondary market.
I agree as I know I will be paying above face value for the tickets I want. The issue I have is not knowing if I will be able to secure club seats with the stated amount given. From a financial standpoint based on the current secondary market prices I would be coming out ahead financially by just buying the tickets off the secondary market. However, it would be my preference to donate the category 3 amount to the school if I knew I could get the seats I wanted. I may just end up going category 1 and see where that gets me in the selection process. If it's a bad spot then I will just buy from the secondary market.

Seriously doubt it. Not now. In fact, I can practically guarantee you’ll be paying OVER

I wasn't talking about price. I was referring to the argument if the U is getting their $$$ or not. What you pay for it is your prerogative. If you don't pay you don't play. I once heard.

I wasn't talking about price. I was referring to the argument if the U is getting their $$$ or not. What you pay for it is your prerogative. If you don't pay you don't play. I once heard.

What’s your point?

Why not let the school make their money? You’re not paying any more for your ticket if they sell at face value.

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Maybe you can restate.

Advertisement
I agree as I know I will be paying above face value for the tickets I want. The issue I have is not knowing if I will be able to secure club seats with the stated amount given. From a financial standpoint based on the current secondary market prices I would be coming out ahead financially by just buying the tickets off the secondary market. However, it would be my preference to donate the category 3 amount to the school if I knew I could get the seats I wanted. I may just end up going category 1 and see where that gets me in the selection process. If it's a bad spot then I will just buy from the secondary market.

I think you can get any tickets you want. It’s just that you get an earlier crack at it the higher you are in the ire level. That’s how I understand it.

Also, you better make sure you understand the layout of that stadium beforehand. Are the $300 tickets (highest price) guaranteed club level?

DE8129C5-3172-482E-9977-CA2F9E903EEB.jpeg

I think you can get any tickets you want. It’s just that you get an earlier crack at it the higher you are in the ire level. That’s how I understand it.

Also, you better make sure you understand the layout of that stadium beforehand. Are the $300 tickets (highest price) guaranteed club level?

View attachment 59219
Yes, I already researched the layout and the seats in blue are the various club levels in the stadium.

There are tickets on stubhub RIGHT NOW that are cheaper than the 100, 200 and 300 price levels from the hurricane club in the same zones... and that is without the donation.

There are tickets on stubhub RIGHT NOW that are cheaper than the 100, 200 and 300 price levels from the hurricane club in the same zones... and that is without the donation.

LOL - I just looked. The only tickets that are much less than face are corner nosebleeds that will still probably end up being close to $90 with all the fees. I mean these are faaaaar away. Anything with a decent view is selling OVER face value. Look again.

I’ve used the secondary market before, I don’t have anything against them, but I think with the selection process just a few days away, it’s smart to wait and see what you cat from the school before you make any decisions.

Advertisement
Back