LSU announced their coaching change after upsetting ranked UF

Luckily for us, we all know that’s not happening no matter what.

There’s still at least 4 potential losses left on our schedule & if we’re being really honest, there’s no guarantee we beat Duke either, even though we should, the one thing we can guarantee with this team is it’s a complete crapshoot if they’re going to show up on a weekly basis.

I’m with you. Trust and believe. We struggle with great RBs and Duke has one. So I wouldn’t be surprised at that L either.

Crapshoot is right. We are chancing that a guy has money on the 4 and 10 and the number will hit 6 times before a 7 out.

Advertisement

There’s still at least 4 potential losses left on our schedule & if we’re being really honest, there’s no guarantee we beat Duke either...

Even though we should, the one thing we can guarantee with this team is it’s a complete crapshoot if they’re going to show up on a weekly basis.
You always have to upgrade if you have an opportunity to do so. If there is a coach out there that is an upgrade over Manny, then you do it, even if we win out.

Besides 5-5 last year and 4-4 this year, you also have to take into account that he is accused of covering up sexual assault allegations against his players. I think LSU was hoping for another bad season so they could fire him for performance and didn't highlight the sexual assaults.
Oh please. This is LSU we’re talking about. His firing has nothing to do with players’ off-field issues and everything to do with the team’s performance.

Advertisement
LSU is going after riley, supposedly, in the $12m range.
Lincoln Riley would be insane to leave Oklahoma for LSU.

The only job he should ever leave Oklahoma for is Miami... Lol, j/k.

If he leaves Oklahoma it should be for a NFL job, IMO Oklahoma is one of the top 3 best programs in college football & for his style of coaching it’s the perfect place for him.

I think he’d fail hard at places like UGA or Bama, he’d probably kill it at USC but Oklahoma is a way better job than USC, Clemson might be the only upward move, but I actually think Okla is a better job than Clemson too.

Lincoln Riley would be insane to leave Oklahoma for LSU.

The only job he should ever leave Oklahoma for is Miami... Lol, j/k.

If he leaves Oklahoma it should be for a NFL job, IMO Oklahoma is one of the top 3 best programs in college football & for his style of coaching it’s the perfect place for him.

I think he’d fail hard at places like UGA or Bama, he’d probably kill it at USC but Oklahoma is a way better job than USC, Clemson might be the only upward move, but I actually think Okla is a better job than Clemson too.

You think Clemson is better than LSU?

Advertisement
You think Clemson is better than LSU?
On it face no, LSU has much better access to high level recruits than Clemson, but Dabo built them into a top 5 program & made them a destination for recruits.

They also have great financial support as well, LSU does too, but the difference is Clemson has a much easier path to the Playoffs & National championship games through the ACC Atlantic than LSU has out the SEC West.

Clemson is really only better because of what Dabo made them into, but if you remove the coach out of the equation LSU is better in terms of potential & future of the program, but that’s only if their admin has patience to wait it out for Saban to retire. Once Saban retires LSU, TAMU, Auburn & even Texas & Oklahoma all will be even more elevated as programs in terms opportunities to win titles.

Structurally Clemson probably has a better infrastructure if you can match Dabo’s recruiting, LSU is a program that recruits itself. But Oklahoma IMO is better than both.

On it face no, LSU has much better access to high level recruits than Clemson, but Dabo built them into a top 5 program & made them a destination for recruits.

They also have great financial support as well, LSU does too, but the difference is Clemson has a much easier path to the Playoffs & National championship games through the ACC Atlantic than LSU has out the SEC West.

Clemson is really only better because of what Dabo made them into, but if you remove the coach out of the equation LSU is better in terms of potential & future of the program, but that’s only if their admin has patience to wait it out for Saban to retire. Once Saban retires LSU, TAMU, Auburn & even Texas & Oklahoma all will be even more elevated as programs in terms opportunities to win titles.

Structurally Clemson probably has a better infrastructure if you can match Dabo’s recruiting, LSU is a program that recruits itself. But Oklahoma IMO is better than both.

Interesting your take on OU as better than both. Is that because of path to the playoffs or infrastructure/crootin system in place?

Interesting your take on OU as better than both. Is that because of path to the playoffs or infrastructure/crootin system in place?
OU has made it into the playoff 4 out of Riley's 6 season there. LSU has made it once in that time. It will be tougher once they get into the SEC but there may be 4 seasons before that happens. Why leave a great setup for one that become 100 times harder.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LSU is going after riley, supposedly, in the $12m range.
And I thought an "insider" was crazy for suggesting Chud since he's been out of coaching since 2017 but $12m for Mike Riley is clinically insane

Advertisement
I was a little off but it’s seem we don’t keep coaches long. Shannon didn’t complete his 4th year if I remember correctly. It’s hard for me consider Coker 2001-2002 year. I had to go back and look at Golden coaching years with us. I didn’t realize it was 5 years.
You weren't a little off... You were completely wrong... Big difference...

Apparently you’re not good at arithmetic. Coker was here for 6 years, Shannon for 4, golden for almost 5
I thought Shannon was going to succeed big. The others I wasn't for. If not for a phantom PI penalty. Coker wins 2 national championships.

There’s still at least 4 potential losses left on our schedule & if we’re being really honest, there’s no guarantee we beat Duke either...

Even though we should, the one thing we can guarantee with this team is it’s a complete crapshoot if they’re going to show up on a weekly basis.
Do we win or play well enough to not scare recruits away? Need Taylor and Williams to stand out.

Advertisement
Back