LSU 2020 v Bama 2021 (long)

Recruiting Bama OSU Georgia then everybody else.. I put Clemson LSU and Oklahoma in the same tier though

Advertisement
Actually d on't watch Will Andersons senior tape. its maybe the most violent linebacker footage I've seen. Georgia letting him get out of their state was truly criminal
I’m $ure it wa$n’t for lack of trying. Bama just $old him on how he fit in their $ystem better.

Great stat. Yes I'm a crazy Bama fan. But not biased. Ok, not "crazy" biased. People should always try to be informed before they start flapping them gums. I encourage everyone to check out the crazy stats Bama has put up since Coach Nick Saban took over at the University of Alabama. They are unlike any in college football history. And during a time like now where so many athletes are elite. You can hate him and Alabama. But you should do it as you bow down to his greatness. He is truly the GOAT.

Quick question why do you type on a message board like there's something shoved up your a$$

Great stat. Yes I'm a crazy Bama fan. But not biased. Ok, not "crazy" biased. People should always try to be informed before they start flapping them gums. I encourage everyone to check out the crazy stats Bama has put up since Coach Nick Saban took over at the University of Alabama. They are unlike any in college football history. And during a time like now where so many athletes are elite. You can hate him and Alabama. But you should do it as you bow down to his greatness. He is truly the GOAT.

Quick question why do you type on a message board like there's something shoved up your a$$

Because his cousin came over to visit

Advertisement
Alabama beat #3 Taint in the NC game last year by 28pts. 18pts over the #14 team is actually some respect.
Yeah and we are facing the O'Brien award winner, the best WR, the Doak award winner and Heisman winner as well as Sarkisan and the 4 coaches on offense who left, just like Taint. Right? Oh yeah and that team, was back and forth with Ole Miss and UF. Of course

Advertisement
Yeah, LSU was -16.5 v Miss St first game last season, i guess they were pretty stupid huh? And after they lost to Miss St and beat Vandy 41-7, they were -14.5 v Mizzou. Guess they pretty stupid huh?
Predictions based on analogies from past seasons, a fault in reasoning.
Go ahead, bet the house on Miami..

Yeah and we are facing the O'Brien award winner, the best WR, the Doak award winner and Heisman winner as well as Sarkisan and the 4 coaches on offense who left, just like Taint. Right? Oh yeah and that team, was back and forth with Ole Miss and UF. Of course
Vegas odds are usually pretty good because they are based on the money. Men who bet money do research. Vegas is a collection of thousands of men doing their research and betting the conclusion. They consider coaches, personnel, talent and everything you can consider.

All am saying is this narrative that we don't have a chance and only because it Bama is dumb when i look at actual facts. I don't care how many season openers he won.

Your point is well taken.

2019: Duke 42-3 (Duke is Duke)
2018: Louisville 51-14 (went 2-10)
2017: FSU 24-7 (As you said, it was 13-7 with 1:50 left in the 3rd)
2016: USC 52-6 (legit blowout against a good team)
2015: Wisconsin 35-17 (14-7 at halftime but good win)
2014: West Virginia 33-23 (tied at halftime, 1 score game into the 4th, WV went 7-5 that year)
2013: Va Tech 35-10 (never really a contest, Va Tech went 8-4)
2012: Michigan 41-14 (legit blowout, Michigan went 8-4)

They won all these games and that's really hard to do but some of these games aren't the steamrolling that would would imagine from a Bama team. Looking at teams that would be at our level of skill, half of them were within striking distance into the 3rd quarter.

Your point is well taken.

2019: Duke 42-3 (Duke is Duke)
2018: Louisville 51-14 (went 2-10)
2017: FSU 24-7 (As you said, it was 13-7 with 1:50 left in the 3rd)
2016: USC 52-6 (legit blowout against a good team)
2015: Wisconsin 35-17 (14-7 at halftime but good win)
2014: West Virginia 33-23 (tied at halftime, 1 score game into the 4th, WV went 7-5 that year)
2013: Va Tech 35-10 (never really a contest, Va Tech went 8-4)
2012: Michigan 41-14 (legit blowout, Michigan went 8-4)

They won all these games and that's really hard to do but some of these games aren't the steamrolling that would would imagine from a Bama team. Looking at teams that would be at our level of skill, half of them were within striking distance into the 3rd quarter.
I been saying this from jump. And none of those Bama teams had wholesale changes on one side of the ball. Where they not only remove basically all the production from players, they removed 4 coaches and are breaking in a FR QB. And yes he is a FR because he didnt play in 5 games. And you combine that with our returning players and key changes on D, Lashlee with more time. Its a tougher challenge than normal for them. Even while acknowledging they are more likely to win than not.

Advertisement
Bama 2021are a replica of LSU 2020 in the offensive side of the ball. I know alot of you, like me have been consuming alot of national media and other fans previews because we are just tired of the offseason and we are tired of hearing about practice.
So then you get Miami has no chance, Bama is a well oiled machine etc etc.
Let me remind you LSU recruits in the same tier as Bama and they have good coaches. The same media thats yapping now about Bama, had LSU as the #6 team coming into last season. We know how that went. They replaced pro players with 4 and 5 stars right? They replace their coordinators with other good coaches right? yet It was a struggle on both sides of the ball. They actually put up good amounts of yardage passing, you know what they struggled with?...running the ball. They lost to Miss St 44-34. Their QB had 345 yards passing, they only rushed for 2.1 yards per carry. They lost to Missouri 45-41 Their QB had 430 yards passing, yet they only rush for 2.5 yards per carry. Leaving them 1-2 in the first 3 games and fans want Orgeron on the hot seat. Bama actually may have replaced more coaches than LSU did on offense. Havent check but possible

Bama has good tailbacks, we have good tailbacks. That's not what makes running games great. Bama was running wild because their OL was not only talented they were very experienced and so was their QB, who audibles and put the team into good plays. Bama OL is not experienced, neither is the QB. The running game is the biggest thing affected by inexperience is what i am saying. I used LSU because they are talked about talent wise as people talk about Bama and if i have to pick i think that Burrow team was better than that Bama team last year. And people expected them to switch out parts and carry on. Doesn't work that way.

Now there is a key difference between the two teams Bama didn't have the changes on defense that LSU team had with losing the coordinator and multiple players. So i don't expect similar struggles to LSU on that side but really and truly the media made excuse why they got lit up by Ole Miss, they gave up 600+ yards and it was both on the ground and through the air, but UGA also lit them pretty good as well until they pulled away late. And of course they had their hands full with UF at the end of the season, they held UF to 2.1 yards rushing they still threw for 400 yards, thats alot of long 3rd downs. So im not buying the best Saban defense stuff. Great defenses have great defensive tackles, and i don't see that at Bama right now. They have a great edge rusher, but we have had that the past 3 or 4 years. Joe Jackson, Garvin, Rosseau, Phillips, Roche
Bama can easily win this game they are the better program, but 2019 LSU all world offense didn't carry into 2020 and neither will 2020 Bama carry into this year. Miss St and Missouri didn't care what Burrow did the year before.

If we have to sell out against the run, we must. They have new peices at OL, i don't care what they were ranked coming into college. We also have big Corners who we must use to re route WRs and force the QB to adjust his launch point. We can't allow free releases like we have been doing for years. We can allow 400 yards throwing and win the game, but we can't allow 250+ rushing and do so imo.

When i look at Bama schedule last season our offense will be on par or better than UF and Ole Miss who were really the only elite offenses they faced. And if you think our offense cannot make that jump, i want you to remember the jump LSU made from the season we played them to the season they won the title and we had no spring and covid was running wild. We istalled a zoom offense. Also there is this narrative that the SEC is carrying these 80s Bears defenses. Its a total lie, LSU defense was not great when they won the title and neither was Bama last season. They are awesome with average offenses and mortal when facing good experienced QBs. Its an offensive league like the big 12 now. They simply have playmakers on D and in the trenches.
My questions for us, will we have the coaching adjustments, will the players stay poised with the penalties, the TOs. Will we be ready from minute one and not down 14-0 after 6 minutes because of mistakes. Thats what i can't bet on.

Sorry for any typos, am at work and sometimes auto correct is a pain.
Ayo OP on that dust y’all!!!

Advertisement
Back