LSU 2020 v Bama 2021 (long)

supacane

Senior
Bama 2021are a replica of LSU 2020 in the offensive side of the ball. I know alot of you, like me have been consuming alot of national media and other fans previews because we are just tired of the offseason and we are tired of hearing about practice.
So then you get Miami has no chance, Bama is a well oiled machine etc etc.
Let me remind you LSU recruits in the same tier as Bama and they have good coaches. The same media thats yapping now about Bama, had LSU as the #6 team coming into last season. We know how that went. They replaced pro players with 4 and 5 stars right? They replace their coordinators with other good coaches right? yet It was a struggle on both sides of the ball. They actually put up good amounts of yardage passing, you know what they struggled with?...running the ball. They lost to Miss St 44-34. Their QB had 345 yards passing, they only rushed for 2.1 yards per carry. They lost to Missouri 45-41 Their QB had 430 yards passing, yet they only rush for 2.5 yards per carry. Leaving them 1-2 in the first 3 games and fans want Orgeron on the hot seat. Bama actually may have replaced more coaches than LSU did on offense. Havent check but possible

Bama has good tailbacks, we have good tailbacks. That's not what makes running games great. Bama was running wild because their OL was not only talented they were very experienced and so was their QB, who audibles and put the team into good plays. Bama OL is not experienced, neither is the QB. The running game is the biggest thing affected by inexperience is what i am saying. I used LSU because they are talked about talent wise as people talk about Bama and if i have to pick i think that Burrow team was better than that Bama team last year. And people expected them to switch out parts and carry on. Doesn't work that way.

Now there is a key difference between the two teams Bama didn't have the changes on defense that LSU team had with losing the coordinator and multiple players. So i don't expect similar struggles to LSU on that side but really and truly the media made excuse why they got lit up by Ole Miss, they gave up 600+ yards and it was both on the ground and through the air, but UGA also lit them pretty good as well until they pulled away late. And of course they had their hands full with UF at the end of the season, they held UF to 2.1 yards rushing they still threw for 400 yards, thats alot of long 3rd downs. So im not buying the best Saban defense stuff. Great defenses have great defensive tackles, and i don't see that at Bama right now. They have a great edge rusher, but we have had that the past 3 or 4 years. Joe Jackson, Garvin, Rosseau, Phillips, Roche
Bama can easily win this game they are the better program, but 2019 LSU all world offense didn't carry into 2020 and neither will 2020 Bama carry into this year. Miss St and Missouri didn't care what Burrow did the year before.

If we have to sell out against the run, we must. They have new peices at OL, i don't care what they were ranked coming into college. We also have big Corners who we must use to re route WRs and force the QB to adjust his launch point. We can't allow free releases like we have been doing for years. We can allow 400 yards throwing and win the game, but we can't allow 250+ rushing and do so imo.

When i look at Bama schedule last season our offense will be on par or better than UF and Ole Miss who were really the only elite offenses they faced. And if you think our offense cannot make that jump, i want you to remember the jump LSU made from the season we played them to the season they won the title and we had no spring and covid was running wild. We istalled a zoom offense. Also there is this narrative that the SEC is carrying these 80s Bears defenses. Its a total lie, LSU defense was not great when they won the title and neither was Bama last season. They are awesome with average offenses and mortal when facing good experienced QBs. Its an offensive league like the big 12 now. They simply have playmakers on D and in the trenches.
My questions for us, will we have the coaching adjustments, will the players stay poised with the penalties, the TOs. Will we be ready from minute one and not down 14-0 after 6 minutes because of mistakes. Thats what i can't bet on.

Sorry for any typos, am at work and sometimes auto correct is a pain.

Advertisement
The big difference is Saban. He has an offensive and defensive system that doesn't change because of new coaches. It maybe adjusted some to fit the talent. Lsu had both coordinators gone. They switched to a defense that was totally different and didn't fit the personal they had recruited. They also had a few guys who were really good not play because of covid. They may recruit close to bamas level but they haven't been nearly as consistent at developing players. I don't think LSU's 2019 team is better than bamas last year but that's debatable. They barely beat the 2019 bama team. I'd say the main difference is last year's Alabama team had an elite offensive line and LSU's was a decent one.

I still think this Alabama team is vulnerable and could lose a couple games. Smith and Harris were the best players in the country at their position and could single handily win games. Metchie and their new rbs aren't that level. Young won't be as good as Jones and the ol takes a step back to being a good group instead of a top tier line. At the same time the defense will be better but still vulnerable at times.

One has Nick Saban, the other had someone who can't speak properly

#TrumpyCaneThoughts
Exactly, and to further the point, Alabama does reload every year. They have has a stud at QB, Rb, WR, and their line has been dominant every year for the past or so. This isn't close to LSU 2020 because LSU got lucky with a perfect storm of pass game coordinator, qb, and wr’s in 2019.

Advertisement
Exactly, and to further the point, Alabama does reload every year. They have has a stud at QB, Rb, WR, and their line has been dominant every year for the past or so. This isn't close to LSU 2020 because LSU got lucky with a perfect storm of pass game coordinator, qb, and wr’s in 2019.
You are smoking gas if you think LSU doesn't recruit close to Bama and they only got lucky.

Advertisement
The big difference is Saban. He has an offensive and defensive system that doesn't change because of new coaches. It maybe adjusted some to fit the talent. Lsu had both coordinators gone. They switched to a defense that was totally different and didn't fit the personal they had recruited. They also had a few guys who were really good not play because of covid. They may recruit close to bamas level but they haven't been nearly as consistent at developing players. I don't think LSU's 2019 team is better than bamas last year but that's debatable. They barely beat the 2019 bama team. I'd say the main difference is last year's Alabama team had an elite offensive line and LSU's was a decent one.

I still think this Alabama team is vulnerable and could lose a couple games. Smith and Harris were the best players in the country at their position and could single handily win games. Metchie and their new rbs aren't that level. Young won't be as good as Jones and the ol takes a step back to being a good group instead of a top tier line. At the same time the defense will be better but still vulnerable at times.
Several “experts” have them not even making the playoffs. Many are picking Taint and OK.

Bama actually may have replaced more coaches than LSU did on offense. Havent check but possible
On offense its possible. 2020 LSU returned OC Steve Ensminger but lost Passing Coordinator/3rd Down Playcaller Joe Brady. He was supposedly the brains behind 2019 LSUs amazing offense which is why he got an NFL OC job at 30 years old. Dont know what other offensive coaches LSU lost. Sark was Bama's best OC under Saban and he's gone. Sark took Bama's offensive line coach Kyle Flood who we are definitely sad to see go. Combine coaching losses and player losses, there is no way that the offense doesn't take a notable step back

Advertisement
On offense its possible. 2020 LSU returned OC Steve Ensminger but lost Passing Coordinator/3rd Down Playcaller Joe Brady. He was supposedly the brains behind 2019 LSUs amazing offense which is why he got an NFL OC job at 30 years old. Dont know what other offensive coaches LSU lost. Sark was Bama's best OC under Saban and he's gone. Sark took Bama's offensive line coach Kyle Flood who we are definitely sad to see go. Combine coaching losses and player losses, there is no way that the offense doesn't take a notable step back
They replaced them with Doug Marrone and Bill O'Brien who've both been head coaches for NFL playoff teams. That's as good of a transition as you could have

Yeah and I showed how Bama had eight #1 recruiting classes in 10 years and LSU has zero. They are not the same.
But they have had 2 # 2's. And multiple top 5's. And by that logic UGA should beat every team they play. Yet last season their offense was putrid with a new QB at the beginning of the season. And why don't your compare LSU to Miss St ans Mizzou am sure they had multiple top 5 classes too.

This biggest question on Offense is can our OL hold up. On D, we've gotta come after this QB and man press on the outside. Use T-Rob's teaching and not return to that Charmin-soft zone ****.

As far as the Elephants, I'm glad Sark moved on. He had that offense rolling last season. No pun.

Advertisement
Which is my point. The people who claim Bama offense is gonna roll, dont address the staff departures. All you hear is that its Bama.

Several “experts” have them not even making the playoffs. Many are picking Taint and OK.
Oklahoma is my pick to win it all. They're strong everywhere on offense except RB depth and that pass rush with bonito,Thomas,Redmond and Winfrey will give them a good enough defense. Ohio St. Is a decent pick if their QB and back 7 get better. I think it's more wide open than it's been and there could be a surprise or two in the playoffs. Hopefully us🙏

Bama 2021are a replica of LSU 2020 in the offensive side of the ball. I know alot of you, like me have been consuming alot of national media and other fans previews because we are just tired of the offseason and we are tired of hearing about practice.
So then you get Miami has no chance, Bama is a well oiled machine etc etc.
Let me remind you LSU recruits in the same tier as Bama and they have good coaches. The same media thats yapping now about Bama, had LSU as the #6 team coming into last season. We know how that went. They replaced pro players with 4 and 5 stars right? They replace their coordinators with other good coaches right? yet It was a struggle on both sides of the ball. They actually put up good amounts of yardage passing, you know what they struggled with?...running the ball. They lost to Miss St 44-34. Their QB had 345 yards passing, they only rushed for 2.1 yards per carry. They lost to Missouri 45-41 Their QB had 430 yards passing, yet they only rush for 2.5 yards per carry. Leaving them 1-2 in the first 3 games and fans want Orgeron on the hot seat. Bama actually may have replaced more coaches than LSU did on offense. Havent check but possible

Bama has good tailbacks, we have good tailbacks. That's not what makes running games great. Bama was running wild because their OL was not only talented they were very experienced and so was their QB, who audibles and put the team into good plays. Bama OL is not experienced, neither is the QB. The running game is the biggest thing affected by inexperience is what i am saying. I used LSU because they are talked about talent wise as people talk about Bama and if i have to pick i think that Burrow team was better than that Bama team last year. And people expected them to switch out parts and carry on. Doesn't work that way.

Now there is a key difference between the two teams Bama didn't have the changes on defense that LSU team had with losing the coordinator and multiple players. So i don't expect similar struggles to LSU on that side but really and truly the media made excuse why they got lit up by Ole Miss, they gave up 600+ yards and it was both on the ground and through the air, but UGA also lit them pretty good as well until they pulled away late. And of course they had their hands full with UF at the end of the season, they held UF to 2.1 yards rushing they still threw for 400 yards, thats alot of long 3rd downs. So im not buying the best Saban defense stuff. Great defenses have great defensive tackles, and i don't see that at Bama right now. They have a great edge rusher, but we have had that the past 3 or 4 years. Joe Jackson, Garvin, Rosseau, Phillips, Roche
Bama can easily win this game they are the better program, but 2019 LSU all world offense didn't carry into 2020 and neither will 2020 Bama carry into this year. Miss St and Missouri didn't care what Burrow did the year before.

If we have to sell out against the run, we must. They have new peices at OL, i don't care what they were ranked coming into college. We also have big Corners who we must use to re route WRs and force the QB to adjust his launch point. We can't allow free releases like we have been doing for years. We can allow 400 yards throwing and win the game, but we can't allow 250+ rushing and do so imo.

When i look at Bama schedule last season our offense will be on par or better than UF and Ole Miss who were really the only elite offenses they faced. And if you think our offense cannot make that jump, i want you to remember the jump LSU made from the season we played them to the season they won the title and we had no spring and covid was running wild. We istalled a zoom offense. Also there is this narrative that the SEC is carrying these 80s Bears defenses. Its a total lie, LSU defense was not great when they won the title and neither was Bama last season. They are awesome with average offenses and mortal when facing good experienced QBs. Its an offensive league like the big 12 now. They simply have playmakers on D and in the trenches.
My questions for us, will we have the coaching adjustments, will the players stay poised with the penalties, the TOs. Will we be ready from minute one and not down 14-0 after 6 minutes because of mistakes. Thats what i can't bet on.

Sorry for any typos, am at work and sometimes auto correct is a pain.
Alabama -18,5, guess they're pretty stupid in Vegas..

Advertisement
Back