LSU 2020 v Bama 2021 (long)

Bama 2021are a replica of LSU 2020 in the offensive side of the ball. I know alot of you, like me have been consuming alot of national media and other fans previews because we are just tired of the offseason and we are tired of hearing about practice.
So then you get Miami has no chance, Bama is a well oiled machine etc etc.
Let me remind you LSU recruits in the same tier as Bama and they have good coaches. The same media thats yapping now about Bama, had LSU as the #6 team coming into last season. We know how that went. They replaced pro players with 4 and 5 stars right? They replace their coordinators with other good coaches right? yet It was a struggle on both sides of the ball. They actually put up good amounts of yardage passing, you know what they struggled with?...running the ball. They lost to Miss St 44-34. Their QB had 345 yards passing, they only rushed for 2.1 yards per carry. They lost to Missouri 45-41 Their QB had 430 yards passing, yet they only rush for 2.5 yards per carry. Leaving them 1-2 in the first 3 games and fans want Orgeron on the hot seat. Bama actually may have replaced more coaches than LSU did on offense. Havent check but possible

Bama has good tailbacks, we have good tailbacks. That's not what makes running games great. Bama was running wild because their OL was not only talented they were very experienced and so was their QB, who audibles and put the team into good plays. Bama OL is not experienced, neither is the QB. The running game is the biggest thing affected by inexperience is what i am saying. I used LSU because they are talked about talent wise as people talk about Bama and if i have to pick i think that Burrow team was better than that Bama team last year. And people expected them to switch out parts and carry on. Doesn't work that way.

Now there is a key difference between the two teams Bama didn't have the changes on defense that LSU team had with losing the coordinator and multiple players. So i don't expect similar struggles to LSU on that side but really and truly the media made excuse why they got lit up by Ole Miss, they gave up 600+ yards and it was both on the ground and through the air, but UGA also lit them pretty good as well until they pulled away late. And of course they had their hands full with UF at the end of the season, they held UF to 2.1 yards rushing they still threw for 400 yards, thats alot of long 3rd downs. So im not buying the best Saban defense stuff. Great defenses have great defensive tackles, and i don't see that at Bama right now. They have a great edge rusher, but we have had that the past 3 or 4 years. Joe Jackson, Garvin, Rosseau, Phillips, Roche
Bama can easily win this game they are the better program, but 2019 LSU all world offense didn't carry into 2020 and neither will 2020 Bama carry into this year. Miss St and Missouri didn't care what Burrow did the year before.

If we have to sell out against the run, we must. They have new peices at OL, i don't care what they were ranked coming into college. We also have big Corners who we must use to re route WRs and force the QB to adjust his launch point. We can't allow free releases like we have been doing for years. We can allow 400 yards throwing and win the game, but we can't allow 250+ rushing and do so imo.

When i look at Bama schedule last season our offense will be on par or better than UF and Ole Miss who were really the only elite offenses they faced. And if you think our offense cannot make that jump, i want you to remember the jump LSU made from the season we played them to the season they won the title and we had no spring and covid was running wild. We istalled a zoom offense. Also there is this narrative that the SEC is carrying these 80s Bears defenses. Its a total lie, LSU defense was not great when they won the title and neither was Bama last season. They are awesome with average offenses and mortal when facing good experienced QBs. Its an offensive league like the big 12 now. They simply have playmakers on D and in the trenches.
My questions for us, will we have the coaching adjustments, will the players stay poised with the penalties, the TOs. Will we be ready from minute one and not down 14-0 after 6 minutes because of mistakes. Thats what i can't bet on.

Sorry for any typos, am at work and sometimes auto correct is a pain.

Stop this trash.
We're going against the best in the nation. We'll need to play perfectly and force things to go wrong for them. End of discussion.
You are smoking gas if you think LSU doesn't recruit close to Bama and they only got lucky.
Yeah. LSU does recruit somewhat like Bama. And that's exactly why your argument doesn't make sense. LSU with all those highly rated players lost to Bama like 9 years in a row and didn't win anything. That's why 2019 was the perfect storm. And like was said, they barely beat Bama. Tua had gotten hurt and missed the previous two games and had a bye week. He hadn't played football in 3 weeks and came out tentative and rusty and LSU barely won. And it always cracks me up when someone says this team did this like 5 years ago. So this other team is going to do this. What? They all have different players. Maybe the same thing happens, but it's just happenstance or coincidence if it happens. That's like me saying King can't be any good because Miami hasn't had any good QBs in years. See how that makes no sense. But the one constant you can count on is Nick Sabans development and evaluations of football players.

Advertisement
No they don't. The results speak for themselves.
Yeah they do, LSU was the national champion 2 seasons ago and won the division Bama is in once they found a QB and a proper offense. Talent was never an issue for them.

Alabama -18,5, guess they're pretty stupid in Vegas..
Yeah, LSU was -16.5 v Miss St first game last season, i guess they were pretty stupid huh? And after they lost to Miss St and beat Vandy 41-7, they were -14.5 v Mizzou. Guess they pretty stupid huh?

Yeah they do, LSU was the national champion 2 seasons ago and won the division Bama is in once they found a QB and a proper offense. Talent was never an issue for them.
I think you make a decent point about the importance of continuity on offense. This Bama team has none. It's possible their offense is the worst it's been in 5+ years.

But Bama and LSU are not comparable in terms of talent. On the 247 college team composite, Bama is #1 with a score of 1,004. Going into last year, LSU was #6 with a score of 874. That's a massive difference.

LSU had 41 blue chip players going into last year. This year's Bama team has 75! They're worlds apart.

Advertisement
I think you make a decent point about the importance of continuity on offense. This Bama team has none. It's possible their offense is the worst it's been in 5+ years.

But Bama and LSU are not comparable in terms of talent. On the 247 college team composite, Bama is #1 with a score of 1,004. Going into last year, LSU was #6 with a score of 874. That's a massive difference.

LSU had 41 blue chip players going into last year. This year's Bama team has 75! They're worlds apart.
It does matter if the QB is inexperienced and learning a new system at the same time. If you have an experience QB like Kaaya Richards can come in and break Irvin Fr record. You get a QB like Rosier and he has a average year where he is constantly open and we can't get him the ball and he is frustrated as a SO. Not to mention i dont even really care about OL cuz they have to play together to show their talent. For the offense to function properly the players have to know it, the checks the audibles in both pass and run plays. Im not say we are gonna totally shut them down, as i pointed out LSU was putting up yards especially through the air. The problem was on the ground, whether they have Bama talent are not the gap between LSU and Miss St/Mizzou, is bigger than the gap between us and Bama. LSU could not run the ball on either team. But i could be wrong and they are better than last year. O'brien could be better than Sarkisian for all we know and their new OL coach might be better as well.

It does matter if the QB is inexperienced and learning a new system at the same time. If you have an experience QB like Kaaya Richards can come in and break Irvin Fr record. You get a QB like Rosier and he has a average year where he is constantly open and we can't get him the ball and he is frustrated as a SO. Not to mention i dont even really care about OL cuz they have to play together to show their talent. For the offense to function properly the players have to know it, the checks the audibles in both pass and run plays. Im not say we are gonna totally shut them down, as i pointed out LSU was putting up yards especially through the air. The problem was on the ground, whether they have Bama talent are not the gap between LSU and Miss St/Mizzou, is bigger than the gap between us and Bama. LSU could not run the ball on either team. But i could be wrong and they are better than last year. O'brien could be better than Sarkisian for all we know and their new OL coach might be better as well.
So you concede that the two teams are not comparable talent-wise? Because that's where most of the posters here objected to your comments. I think everyone agrees Bama's inexperience on offense could keep us in the game.

Yes they have talent, they don't have Alabama talent is the point. You stated that this years Alabama team is going to be the same as last years LSU and that is a serious reach. Alabama has reloaded at every position every year and doesn't miss a beat. Sure they probably aren't going to be as good as last years offense but to think they are going to regress to the levels when saw LSU fall to last year is asinine.

I think the biggest thing the canes have going for them is Bill Obtien is not Sark that’s huge. Talent is there but it’s week 1 so tjat also helps. Do I think Miami wins? No but they should cover +19

Advertisement
So you concede that the two teams are not comparable talent-wise? Because that's where most of the posters here objected to your comments. I think everyone agrees Bama's inexperience on offense could keep us in the game.
Bama has more talent, but my point is, you cant say LSU was losing those games because of talent. The gap between LSU and the teams who beat them is the same or bigger than the gap between us and Bama imo. The gap between LSU and Miss St is almost 200 composite points on 247, with Mizzou, its almost 300 points. Those may have been bigger or smaller last season. The gap between Bama and us is just about 150. How much of that is closed by our experience and their new coaches and systems etc? Im predicting much of it.

It seems all yall look at is the talent composite so lets discuss. Clemson and LSU are nearly identical, why is LSU a only 4 point favorite at UCLA? UGA is #2 in talent composite why is Clemson favored? We have a better talent composite to UNC, why did they drag us at home last season? UF is #8 and we are #13, who would you bet on to win a game with us a them right now? Even OU has over a 100 point talent deficit on Bama and people are picking them to win the NT, Bama has 1004, OU.....896, us.....848. So OU is using a 48 point advantage over us to be considered a potential national champion. The favorite for our division in most people eyes....UNC, we have the same advantage over them as OU has over us, 50 points, they have 798. You know who is just ahead of us in talent...ND, 5 points, 853. Know what they did last season? play in the ACC made the playoffs. If Diaz had a record or showing up in the big games, i would outright pick us to win the ACC and give Bama all they can handle. Its all laid out there, he made coaching changes which makes me feel we are going to close the gaps on some of these teams. i really believe it.

I think the biggest thing the canes have going for them is Bill Obtien is not Sark that’s huge. Talent is there but it’s week 1 so tjat also helps. Do I think Miami wins? No but they should cover +19
I honestly am conflicted on how much playing them week 1 helps to be honest. Sure we get a inexperienced offense in their first game of the season but at the same time Nick Sabin and his battalion of analyst have had all off season to prep and gameplay for Lashlee's O and Manny's D. I'd really rather play them week 2 so they didn't have all of camp to install their Miami stuff and instead only had a week.

I honestly am conflicted on how much playing them week 1 helps to be honest. Sure we get a inexperienced offense in their first game of the season but at the same time Nick Sabin and his battalion of analyst have had all off season to prep and gameplay for Lashlee's O and Manny's D. I'd really rather play them week 2 so they didn't have all of camp to install their Miami stuff and instead only had a week.
No we are better playing them week one. They are not gonna be sure what their players can and cannot execute yet. They have no film on this defense yet. It could be a lower scoring game than people think to be honest, 24-14 or such instead of the 31-21 i picked us to lose by. I am not picking us to win another big game until we do it. But i see all the ingredients to be better than we have been recently

Bama has more talent, but my point is, you cant say LSU was losing those games because of talent. The gap between LSU and the teams who beat them is the same or bigger than the gap between us and Bama imo. The gap between LSU and Miss St is almost 200 composite points on 247, with Mizzou, its almost 300 points. Those may have been bigger or smaller last season. The gap between Bama and us is just about 150. How much of that is closed by our experience and their new coaches and systems etc? Im predicting much of it.

It seems all yall look at is the talent composite so lets discuss. Clemson and LSU are nearly identical, why is LSU a only 4 point favorite at UCLA? UGA is #2 in talent composite why is Clemson favored? We have a better talent composite to UNC, why did they drag us at home last season? UF is #8 and we are #13, who would you bet on to win a game with us a them right now? Even OU has over a 100 point talent deficit on Bama and people are picking them to win the NT, Bama has 1004, OU.....896, us.....848. So OU is using a 48 point advantage over us to be considered a potential national champion. The favorite for our division in most people eyes....UNC, we have the same advantage over them as OU has over us, 50 points, they have 798. You know who is just ahead of us in talent...ND, 5 points, 853. Know what they did last season? play in the ACC made the playoffs. If Diaz had a record or showing up in the big games, i would outright pick us to win the ACC and give Bama all they can handle. Its all laid out there, he made coaching changes which makes me feel we are going to close the gaps on some of these teams. i really believe it.
LSU has consistently lost those kind of games every year with the exception season being their title run. Alabama doesn't lose those kind of games. They have shown up ready to play **** every game every year. It hasn't mattered what players have left or which coaching changes they have made. They always have talent everywhere and it is always well coached. I get what you're saying and it makes sense for every team in college football except Alabama. They are the absolute definition of a machine right now and until they show us otherwise there isn't a reason to believe this season will be any different.

Advertisement
LSU has consistently lost those kind of games every year with the exception season being their title run. Alabama doesn't lose those kind of games. They have shown up ready to play **** every game every year. It hasn't mattered what players have left or which coaching changes they have made. They always have talent everywhere and it is always well coached. I get what you're saying and it makes sense for every team in college football except Alabama. They are the absolute definition of a machine right now and until they show us otherwise there isn't a reason to believe this season will be any different.
Can you point to a season where they lost almost all their offense and like 12 coaches and breaking a FR QB since Saban has been there? They have replaced Qbs and coaches and multiple other pieces. Point to a time when their offense lost everything at the same time basically.

Can you point to a season where they lost almost all their offense and like 12 coaches and breaking a FR QB since Saban has been there? They have replaced Qbs and coaches and multiple other pieces. Point to a time when their offense lost everything at the same time basically.
It doesn't matter who or what they have lost is the thing. Saban has had 7 different O-Coordinators in his 14 years at Alabama and the train has kept rolling. In succession his starting QB's have McElroy, McCarron, Sims, Coker, Hurts, Tua, and Jones. Rb's, Wr's and O-line is more of the same. Yes they are replacing a **** ton of talent, but they are replacing it with a **** ton of talent. Saban is hailed as a master evaluator of talent and rightfully so but he is also a master of hiring the right coaches.

Well, every recruit that stayed 3 years at Alabama has won a national championship. Alabama has replaced staff almost every year. First year starting QBs who have won national Championships at Bama off the top of my head include Greg McElroy, Jake coker, mac Jones and they definitely weren't the top rated recruit in the country. Najee Harris wasn't a starter till last year and devonta smith and jalen waddle weren't either the #1wr till last year. Again, Championship. You have to think with all the turnover at Bama and the amount of championships, these things had to of overlapped at least once.
But again, none of this makes any sense. Players on college teams always change every year. Comparing one to another just doesn't make a lot of sense. The constant is Nick Saban and the results have stayed the same for a long time now.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter who or what they have lost is the thing. Saban has had 7 different O-Coordinators in his 14 years at Alabama and the train has kept rolling. In succession his starting QB's have McElroy, McCarron, Sims, Coker, Hurts, Tua, and Jones. Rb's, Wr's and O-line is more of the same. Yes they are replacing a **** ton of talent, but they are replacing it with a **** ton of talent. Saban is hailed as a master evaluator of talent and rightfully so but he is also a master of hiring the right coaches.
What this guy said

Yeah. LSU does recruit somewhat like Bama. And that's exactly why your argument doesn't make sense. LSU with all those highly rated players lost to Bama like 9 years in a row and didn't win anything. That's why 2019 was the perfect storm. And like was said, they barely beat Bama. Tua had gotten hurt and missed the previous two games and had a bye week. He hadn't played football in 3 weeks and came out tentative and rusty and LSU barely won. And it always cracks me up when someone says this team did this like 5 years ago. So this other team is going to do this. What? They all have different players. Maybe the same thing happens, but it's just happenstance or coincidence if it happens. That's like me saying King can't be any good because Miami hasn't had any good QBs in years. See how that makes no sense. But the one constant you can count on is Nick Sabans development and evaluations of football players.
First off all who said anything about 5 years ago. Im talking about a similar situation with similar caliber teams that happened the past 2 seasons. LSU didnt have a perfect storm, all those years they had dumb *** Les Miles who was trying to play 1980 football while college football was changing, much like we have been doing before we got Lashlee. Orgeron made the changes to bring their offense up to speed, Orgeron went and got Burrow. It took them a season to fully install the offense. They didn't luck into it. Then they lost their #1 Heisman QB and the OC basically and almost all their offense and defense and DC and you know the rest. It's alot of the similar changes Diaz is making on and off the field. And i have been tough on him when he had Enos and Rumph etc. So if we now start seeing the results on the field am not gonna say he lucked into it, he made those changes to correct problems.

All am saying is this narrative that we don't have a chance and only because it Bama is dumb when i look at actual facts. I don't care how many season openers he won. They Broke Francois leg and the game finished 24-7. 17 points after taking out the starting Qb. How many wins did FSU finish on btw?

First off all who said anything about 5 years ago. Im talking about a similar situation with similar caliber teams that happened the past 2 seasons. LSU didnt have a perfect storm, all those years they had dumb *** Les Miles who was trying to play 1980 football while college football was changing, much like we have been doing before we got Lashlee. Orgeron made the changes to bring their offense up to speed, Orgeron went and got Burrow. It took them a season to fully install the offense. They didn't luck into it. Then they lost their #1 Heisman QB and the OC basically and almost all their offense and defense and DC and you know the rest. It's alot of the similar changes Diaz is making on and off the field. And i have been tough on him when he had Enos and Rumph etc. So if we now start seeing the results on the field am not gonna say he lucked into it, he made those changes to correct problems.

All am saying is this narrative that we don't have a chance and only because it Bama is dumb when i look at actual facts. I don't care how many season openers he won. They Broke Francois leg and the game finished 24-7. 17 points after taking out the starting Qb. How many wins did FSU finish on btw?
Seriously that Florida st game was never close if you watched it.

Seriously that Florida st game was never close if you watched it.
That game was 10-7 at halftime, and FSU had 3 turnovers. Bama zero. Season openers. That was the year we broke the FSU win streak btw and they suck *** and Bama won the NT

Advertisement
Back