Loyola-Chicago (Who be them?)

Again, more hyperbole. UF doesn't have good big men. So playing well against them isn't an accomplishment. In addition, Krutwig played against better big men:

- Loudon Love at Wright State (Double-Double Guy as a True Freshman)
- Alize Johnson at Missouri State (Double-Double Guy) [Played against him twice]
- Phil Fayne at Illinois State (15.4 PPG and 7.4 RPG, 9 Double-Doubles last year) [Played against him three times]

You should know about Johnson and Fayne, since you claimed to watched those games.

https://www.si.com/college-basketba...issouri-state-basketball-rebounding-nba-draft
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/08/nba-draft-mid-major-prospects-watch-alize-johnson-mike-daum
http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

Another pivot here. So he would motivate himself if he was on Loyola more than Miami? Interesting.

Nobody thinks he would start on Loyola besides you. You're correct though in that we would never truly know under this hypothetical, which you created, whether he would START for Loyola.

We agree that he is out of shape. I think it is safe to assume that an out of shape guy, who hardly plays here (both because of skills and physical limitations), would not start over Krutwig.

-Loudon Love is just as small as UFs bigs
-neither Krutwig or Love played much that game and played even less minutes against each other
-This was both of their first games and Krutwig obviously adjusted to the NCAA better then Love did. I would not give him as much credit for that. Love is a completely different player now. Just look at Lonnie and Sam at the beginning of the season versus now.
-Regardless I think UFs combo was more impressive then Loundon in his first game.
-You are also forgetting this isn't a 1v1. Florida had better players feeding the bigs, giving them help on defense, etc. All of that makes a huge difference. (this last line goes for all 3 players so I wont repeat it, but it should be applied to all 3)
Alize Johnson
-again same size as UFs bigs.
-Game one Alize had 11 Rebounds 24 points and game two 9 and 14. Krutwig had 5 and 18 then 7 and 13
-Alize is probably the best center he played against, but Alize was the clear winner of this one.
-compare that to the UF stats. Hayes logged 5 and 5 Krutwig 8 and 14.
-Also if you watched both games you would have seen Krutwig playing even worse then the stats imply.
3. Phil Fayne
-again same size as UFs Bigs
Krutwig 6 and 14 then 9 and 11,
Fayne 5 and 9 then 12 and 12
Fayne also had 2 blocks and 5 steals combined for the 2 games where as Krut had 1 block and 1 steal combined for the 2 games.
Krut won the first game, but did not dominate like he did against Florida and in the second game he did not play as well as Fayne.
Regardless the point I was making initially was some poster argued that Krut was very good based on his Florida game where as I stated that was his career best game and should not be using that to judge how good he is which I just proved above.

How often do you see in every sport not just basketball guys not practice hard because they know they have no chance of starting. Just look at Rosier when Kaaya was here the kid didnt even watch tape. Once he had the oppertunity to start he kicked it into high gear. I do think Miller is the better player then Krut at least right now and we will see that tomorrow.

Advertisement
Adding to this, they have a 7 footer that averages a few minutes a game, so it's not like they're desperate for any ****** center. They could play one if they wanted.

Miller is ****** compared to Huell and Izundu, but compared to the bums Loyola has on their lineup he would be their second best if not 1st best big.

Can you name one team in the NCAAT where Rodney Miller would start?

Forget about if there is a team that needs his services, he is physically limited by his weight. He is not in condition to play a lot of minutes. His season high (minutes wise) is 6.

He played 6 minutes in the 3rd game of that Hawaii Tourney. He also played 6 minutes against FAMU (and that was a blowout). He didn't log a play in 16 games this season.

Guess how many Mins Krutwig would play on Miami? 0 he would redshirt.

How often do you see in every sport not just basketball guys not practice hard because they know they have no chance of starting. Just look at Rosier when Kaaya was here the kid didnt even watch tape. Once he had the oppertunity to start he kicked it into high gear. I do think Miller is the better player then Krut at least right now and we will see that tomorrow.

You really dig your heels in and are stubborn. Either that or you pivot to the irrelevant.

1. All 3 of those players are better than the UF bigs. It doesn't matter about their size compared to the UF bigs. They're all big men and they all are better. We're talking about skill and production. So we're moving on because those 3 players are better than the UF bigs.

2. Now we're back to the Miller would be motivated stuff. I like how you really have your heels dug in here. Even you said...

Regardless we will never know if he would start on Loyola.

Move on. We know he is overweight and and physically limited here. Stop creating a new argument when the old one was as follows...

Rodney Miller would be their starting center(let that sink in).

It was incredibly wrong then and it is wrong now.

Advertisement
Miller is ****** compared to Huell and Izundu, but compared to the bums Loyola has on their lineup he would be their second best if not 1st best big.

You're right. Miller is ****** compared to Huell and Izundu. But that is it.

Miller would not be their best big. Feel free to continue the following on Miller on your own.

"Rodney Miller would be their starting center(let that sink in)."

If you want to discuss something other then Miller, let me know.

When I lived in Chicago, I lived one stop on the red line from the Loyola stop. UGLY FEMALES at that school.

In flipping the channels last night, I stopped for a few minutes to watch ESPN's bracket marathon, which was dreadful by the way. (It reminded me of a telethon, for those of us old enough to remember those.)

Anyway, the crawler at the bottom of the screen was scrolling thorough the bracket with various tidbits about the team and school, including listing a famous alumnus from each school -- usually known actors or musicians. I found that interesting enough, and was curious to see who ESPN chose for Miami. After Ray Liotta popped up on the screen for UM (I was certain the selection would be Dwayne Johnson), I waited with anticipation to see . . . . . Bob Newhart appear next to Loyola - Chicago's listing. I'm not kidding.

Perhaps there is some correlation between Bob being an alumnus and your observations about the female undergrad population.

You really dig your heels in and are stubborn. Either that or you pivot to the irrelevant.

1. All 3 of those players are better than the UF bigs. It doesn't matter about their size compared to the UF bigs. They're all big men and they all are better. We're talking about skill and production. So we're moving on because those 3 players are better than the UF bigs.

2. Now we're back to the Miller would be motivated stuff. I like how you really have your heels dug in here. Even you said...

Move on. We know he is overweight and and physically limited here. Stop creating a new argument when the old one was as follows...

It was incredibly wrong then and it is wrong now.

My point still stands Krutwig only plays against udersized bigs. When he goes against a true big the tides will turn. I disagree that those 3 guys are better then UFs bigs. Maybe Love will be better one day, but he wasn't better then him first game of his career. Regardless do you really think Hayes wouldnt have significantly better stats going against other 6'9 centers in a mid major league then he had in the SEC? There is a reason the NBA doesn't draft people purely off stats. Ok the Miller thing we will never agree upon unless L throws Miller in tomorrow and you will see him play well enough against Krut for you to realize that he would have logged significant minutes on Loyola.

You're right. Miller is ****** compared to Huell and Izundu. But that is it.

Miller would not be their best big. Feel free to continue the following on Miller on your own.

"Rodney Miller would be their starting center(let that sink in)."

Lets revisit this tomorrow if Miller ends up logging some minutes in garbage time against Krut. If not we can just agree to disagree.

Advertisement
He would not be their best. Maybe you're overrating Miller or something because I disagree completely. Miller could be decent, but he just is too slow to compete at the D1 level on any team right now. Any team he started on would suck at that position in any conference imo. He would not be able to pull off the moves Loyolas big did against UF. Even in the best game of his life. He's just too slow to do it.

My point still stands Krutwig only plays against udersized bigs. When he goes against a true big the tides will turn.

We have another pivot. Now he only plays well against undersized bigs.

1. It isn't relevant. Krutwig played better against better players than the big men on UF. That was the only point. This isn't an opinion, this actually happened. Then you pivot and pivot and pivot. Just stop.

2. As for the actual comparison in terms of size...

Loudon Love is 6'9 and 275 Pounds

Alize Johnson is 6'9 and 212 Pounds

Phil Fayne is 6'9 and 200 Pounds

Keith Stone is 6'8 and 245 Pounds

Kevarrius Hayes is 6'9 and 225 Pounds

They all look pretty similar with the exception that Love is the heaviest. Not much of a difference.

So we're moving on.

Regardless do you really think Hayes wouldnt have significantly better stats going against other 6'9 centers in a mid major league then he had in the SEC? There is a reason the NBA doesn't draft people purely off stats.

Hayes isn't good. It doesn't matter who he plays because he isn't good. Even when they played weaker competition during the OOC schedule he wasn't good. You can pivot this conversation into whatever new bull**** you want to but he still isn't good.

He would not be their best. Maybe you're overrating Miller or something because I disagree completely. Miller could be decent, but he just is too slow to compete at the D1 level on any team right now. Any team he started on would suck at that position in any conference imo. He would not be able to pull off the moves Loyolas big did against UF. Even in the best game of his life. He's just too slow to do it.

I repeat. The guy is limited by his body. He can hardly move.

Advertisement

I disagree, but we will see Thursday when Krut gets dominated against his first true bigs.

We have another pivot. Now he only plays well against undersized bigs.

1. It isn't relevant. Krutwig played better against better players than the big men on UF. That was the only point. This isn't an opinion, this actually happened. Then you pivot and pivot and pivot. Just stop.

2. As for the actual comparison in terms of size...

Loudon Love is 6'9 and 275 Pounds

Alize Johnson is 6'9 and 212 Pounds

Phil Fayne is 6'9 and 200 Pounds

Keith Stone is 6'8 and 245 Pounds

Kevarrius Hayes is 6'9 and 225 Pounds

They all look pretty similar with the exception that Love is the heaviest. Not much of a difference.

So we're moving on.

Hayes isn't good. It doesn't matter who he plays because he isn't good. Even when they played weaker competition during the OOC schedule he wasn't good. You can pivot this conversation into whatever new bull**** you want to but he still isn't good.

That has been my original point before you butted in. That he is not good and only competes against other undersized centers in the mid majors. You have a strange opinion that you can compare a mid major player to a P5 player and just use stats. It doesnt work that way. If huell was on Loyola he would be averaging 30 points a game. Yes, they all look similar which is my point. They are all tiny. Krut hasn't played anyone with real size.

I disagree, but we will see Thursday when Krut gets dominated against his first true bigs.
Man... Miller is rough dude. I don't care that Loyola doesn't have the greatest bigs. Or anyone over 6 foot 9 that is a regular contributor. Miller right now is awful. He's slow. Has no ups. No moves except one nice one I saw in a game recently. Maybe vs VTech but he's not good. Not sure how or why he was a 4 star recruit and I'm not sure what coach L and his staff saw in him. But he really wouldn't be playing for any D1 team right now. He's bad.

Advertisement
That has been my original point before you butted in. That he is not good and only competes against other undersized centers in the mid majors. You have a strange opinion that you can compare a mid major player to a P5 player and just use stats. It doesnt work that way. If huell was on Loyola he would be averaging 30 points a game. Yes, they all look similar which is my point. They are all tiny. Krut hasn't played anyone with real size.

And we pivot again into a you can’t compare players in P5 to Mid-Majors. Which is funny because you did that in this thread.

Your can’t even keep the record straight. Which is actually in this thread.

You original point was that Miller would start for Loyola. It then pivoted and pivoted and pivoted into a web of bull****.

Do you actually read what you porst?

There is no point to continue this for obvious reasons.

Man... Miller is rough dude. I don't care that Loyola doesn't have the greatest bigs. Or anyone over 6 foot 9 that is a regular contributor. Miller right now is awful. He's slow. Has no ups. No moves except one nice one I saw in a game recently. Maybe vs VTech but he's not good. Not sure how or why he was a 4 star recruit and I'm not sure what coach L and his staff saw in him. But he really wouldn't be playing for any D1 team right now. He's bad.

You’re wasting your time. A man that can hardly run down the floor and struggles to jump would start for Loyola. Regardless of their players, Miller can’t stay on the court for meaningful minutes.

But don’t worry, if Miller was on Loyola he would motivate himself more and be in better shape.

You’re wasting your time. A man that can hardly run down the floor and struggles to jump would start for Loyola. Regardless of their players, Miller can’t stay on the court for meaningful minutes.

But don’t worry, if Miller was on Loyola he would motivate himself more and be in better shape.
Yea I just figured I'd throw my 2 cents into this argument. You 2 have been going back and forth for what seems like months now lol. Miller isn't any good. And I'm not sure he ever will be in his final 2 years here. It's too bad too because we could use another serviceable big. But he isn't even that. Ugh.

And we pivot again into a you can’t compare players in P5 to Mid-Majors. Which is funny because you did that in this thread.

Your can’t even keep the record straight. Which is actually in this thread.

You original point was that Miller would start for Loyola. It then pivoted and pivoted and pivoted into a web of bull****.

Do you actually read what you porst?

There is no point to continue this for obvious reasons.

I am saying you can't compare it on stats alone which is what you are doing. Love scores more points in some awful conferance then Hayes does therefore he is better. Yes, my original point was miller would start or get serious burn on Loyola which he would. No matter how angry you get or call me a Porster is not going to change that opinion. Then when asked abut Krut I explained that he only plays against undersized mid major centers and then you went on this tirade that Krut is some sort of legendary center because he has decent stats in a **** divison. If he was on Miami everyone would be calling for his head.

Advertisement
Back