Loyola-Chicago (Who be them?)

You’re wasting your time. A man that can hardly run down the floor and struggles to jump would start for Loyola. Regardless of their players, Miller can’t stay on the court for meaningful minutes.

But don’t worry, if Miller was on Loyola he would motivate himself more and be in better shape.

Well. That settles it you clearly dont know anything about basketball. All you can do is regurgitate statistics and rehash what the "experts" say. If you can't figure out that some kids don't stay in shape because they know they aren't getting playing time then I don't know what to tell you. Miller is at the point where he is getting a free ride and will ride it out and graduate with a good degree. Players get in shape in a few months. If Miller transferred to Loyla last season he would have gotten in shape in the off season and been a starter.

Advertisement
Yea I just figured I'd throw my 2 cents into this argument. You 2 have been going back and forth for what seems like months now lol. Miller isn't any good. And I'm not sure he ever will be in his final 2 years here. It's too bad too because we could use another serviceable big. But he isn't even that. Ugh.

Miller may not be good, but Krut is awful. The only advantage Krut has is hes in better shape and that is the easiest thing to fix. If a coach was offered a more talented out of shape taller player or a less gifted player who is already in shape. They will take the out of shape guy 10 times out of 10.

Yea I just figured I'd throw my 2 cents into this argument. You 2 have been going back and forth for what seems like months now lol. Miller isn't any good. And I'm not sure he ever will be in his final 2 years here. It's too bad too because we could use another serviceable big. But he isn't even that. Ugh.

Miller isn’t close to being ready to play for any team in the NCAAT because of his condition. This is obvious to 99.9999% of this sub.

Sure we could use another serviceable big but my guess is that is more likely to be Gak (going forward).

Miller isn’t close to being ready to play for any team in the NCAAT because of his condition. This is obvious to 99.9999% of this sub.

Sure we could use another serviceable big but my guess is that is more likely to be Gak (going forward).
Yes I agree with you. Not sure why Miller was a 4 star and recruited here. I'm hoping Gak will be good especially being here a full season already. I still would mind a kid named Vernon Carey coming to help us out!

I have the biggest bet of my life on Miami -1.5...Probably not a good thing but **** it...Probably won’t be back on here for a while if we lose. My thumbs most likely will be broken. Oh well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not saying we are definitely going to win. As we’ve all seen us play stretches of terrible basketball.

But...

This Loyola team has played exactly 2 teams in the rpi top 80

The Florida win (rpi 46)

And a 34 point loss to Boise state (rpi 49)

They also lost by 18 to rpi #231 wisky-milw

And lost to 3 other 100+ rpi teams

We also made more 3’s then they did this year.

And the were dead last in their ****** conference in rebounding.

We should not lose this game

The experts keep focusing on their win in Gainesville but don't put in context. Florida got embarrassed at home against FSU two nights before. Florida also lost to each of the bottom four teams in the SEC and they were absolutely embarrassed by Alabama in Gainesville.

Jeff Borzello

Best bet for a double-digit Sweet 16 team: Loyola Chicago
The draw sets up pretty nicely for Porter Moser and the Ramblers. They open with Miami, whose ball-screen-heavy half-court offense will have trouble against Loyola's defense. Then the 11-seed Ramblers will likely get 3-seed Tennessee -- which has gone through offensive lulls this season.

Top-three seed to not trust: Tennessee Volunteers
They've proven people wrong all season, and they're very good defensively, but they can go long droughts on the offensive end. Talent-wise, they're not going to blow teams off the court either.

Last edited:
Jake Trotter (ESPN)

No. 11 Loyola vs. No. 6 Miami
(3:10 p.m., TruTV, South Region)

i
i

Player to watch: Lonnie Walker IV has been Miami's go-to guy since Bruce Brown Jr. had surgery on his left foot on Feb. 1. Walker leads Miami with 11.5 points per game, though that's the lowest scoring average among tournament teams' leading scorers.

Key stat: The Ramblers are tenacious defensively, allowing only 62.2 points per game, which ranks fifth in the country. Loyola-Chicago also ranks 11th in defensive efficiency.

Upset factor: Substantial. BPI gives Loyola-Chicago a 43 percent chance of knocking off the Hurricanes. That's the highest rate for any team seeded at least five spots lower than its opponent. One more victory would give the Ramblers 29 victories, which would tie a school record.

Advertisement
Does anyone fact check?

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami may be going into the NCAA Tournament as the No. 6 seed in the South Region, but its first-round opponent, 11th-seeded Loyola-Chicago, seems to be getting the most love from basketball prognosticators.

"I noticed that," coach Jim Larranaga said Tuesday before he and his Hurricanes boarded buses for the trip to the airport and their afternoon charter flight to Dallas, the site of Thursday afternoon's matchup.

Not that he is complaining.

"I think they deserve the recognition they're getting," he said of the Ramblers, who are 28-5 after adding the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament championship to their resume following their regular-season conference title. "I just think it shows a little bit of disrespect for us and the ACC that people must not think we're any good."

Larranaga's Hurricanes are 22-9 and ranked No. 22 in the country despite losing their only appearance in the Atlantic Coast Conference tourney to 10th-ranked North Carolina, a No. 2 seed in the West Region.

Is the perceived "snub" extra motivation for his team?

"It is to me," Larranaga said. "I think we're now the underdog. People are picking them. We need to embrace that."

Apparently, the Miami players are.

Sophomore forward Dewan Huell said the approach they are taking for their fourth consecutive NCAA appearance -- matching a program-best streak -- is to "have fun with it and embrace the moment, just go out there with a chip on our back because a lot of people have us losing this first game. We want to prove them wrong."

The Hurricanes, who were ranked as high as No. 6 in the country in December but slipped after entering conference play and fell out of the Top 25 completely after losing three in a row following the foot injury to sophomore guard Bruce Brown, are used to that.

"It isn't the first time somebody has slept on us," Huell said. "We just are going to prove them wrong like always."

Huell said he thinks the Hurricanes' trip through the ACC schedule -- they finished third with an 11-7 record despite Brown's absence -- has prepared them for what they face against Loyola.

The Ramblers are a balanced squad with five players averaging in double figures topped by junior guard Clayton Cluster's 13.4 average. He is one of six Ramblers shooting 37 percent or better from 3-point range and earned MVC Player of the Year honors despite missing five games to an ankle injury.

"I've watched Miami a couple of times," Cluster said. "They're going to try to get out and run, and they're going to be long and athletic."

The Ramblers, who won the 1963 national championship, are making their first NCAA appearance since 1985 but don't appear intimidated by the hoopla that surrounds "March Madness."

"These guys want this stage," coach Porter Moser, who is in his seventh season at Loyola, said. "I love that about them."

Loyola has gone 17-1 since Cluster returned from his injury. Miami is 7-4 without Brown, who will be in uniform in Dallas but will not play, Larranaga said.

The winner of their first-round game will face the winner of Tennessee-Wright State in Saturday's second round.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back