Loyola-Chicago (Who be them?)

Advertisement
Agreed. I've just posted about Loyola from what I've read in last 2 days. I have never seen them. But I hear good things lol. Miami should have superior talent and athletes and should not lose. But would you be surprised if they come out flat and lose?

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. This team cannot get pumped up at all. Its like they roll out of bed and head to the stadium on game day.

Did you watch them play?

Besides UF, they didn't really play anyone with a pulse. They lost to Boise State but they're not going to the NCAAT.

Yes, I have watched them play. They are not good. They lost to a few other teams that where absolute trash and only beat teams without a pulse. I am not sure what you are trying to argue.

I watched a lot of their Florida game. Their big guy is only 6'9" but he's good. 100x better than Miller

That was the highlight of his year. He played his best game against Florida(I havent watched every Loyola game so maybe he had a great game against some scrub school, but of all the games I watched he was nowhere near as good as when he played against Florida). Of course we will never know for sure, but the they could potentially shift him over to PF because their PF is trash and have Miller start at center. At the very least Miller would be getting a lot of playing time at center if he was on that team. That says enough about their big situation in my opinion.

Advertisement
Yes, I have watched them play. They are not good. They lost to a few other teams that where absolute trash and only beat teams without a pulse. I am not sure what you are trying to argue.

Your statements don't make sense or are just hyperbole. How can anyone discuss anything when you say the following...

Besides Florida they lost to every team with a pulse.

They haven't played anyone really with a pulse. This includes beating or losing to them. They played 2 teams in the NCAAT (UF and Wright State) and beat both. I don't think anyone thinks Wright State has a pulse.

2. Then the Rodney Miller stuff.

Rodney Miller would be their starting center(let that sink in). If we lose it will be an absolute disgrace.

Rodney sucks. He is not starting for Loyola-Chicago. I don't know which of the 68 NCAAT teams he would start for because he is out of shape and can hardly run. Cameron Krutwig is a much better center than Miller. Do we really need to compare them?

We have better talent at every position then them including sixth man and the rest of the bench.

Are you trying to say EVERYONE on our roster is better than EVERYONE on their team? What point are you making here?

Lol at all the Cane "Fans" Gassing up Loyola so they can soften the blow of the loss.

Your whole porst is the exact opposite. What is the point?

5. How many Loyola-Chicago games did you watch this year?

Lonnie is the X factor this tournament imo, We just about know what everyone else will bring. It’s Lonnie that has to step out and take over (especially if he is suppose to be a top 20 pick). Some games he gets lost in the shuffle and will be forgotten while still scoring a quiet 13,14. And we seen what he can do when he is featured throughout the game.

Of course that requires Lykes toning it down a little.

He played his best game against Florida(I havent watched every Loyola game so maybe he had a great game against some scrub school, but of all the games I watched he was nowhere near as good as when he played against Florida).

1. How many Loyola games did you watch this year?

2. As for Krutwig...

- Krutwig had more points than he did against UF in 7 games.
- Krutwig had more rebounds than he did against UF in 6 games.
- Krutwig had more points + rebounds than he did against UF in 3 games.

3. Again with Miller.

Of course we will never know for sure, but the they could potentially shift him over to PF because their PF is trash and have Miller start at center. At the very least Miller would be getting a lot of playing time at center if he was on that team. That says enough about their big situation in my opinion.

I think everyone feels fairly certain that Rodney is not starting on Loyola. You would be alone there.

Advertisement
Your statements don't make sense or are just hyperbole. How can anyone discuss anything when you say the following...

They haven't played anyone really with a pulse. This includes beating or losing to them. They played 2 teams in the NCAAT (UF and Wright State) and beat both. I don't think anyone thinks Wright State has a pulse.

2. Then the Rodney Miller stuff.

Rodney sucks. He is not starting for Loyola-Chicago. I don't know which of the 68 NCAAT teams he would start for because he is out of shape and can hardly run. Cameron Krutwig is a much better center than Miller. Do we really need to compare them?

Are you trying to say EVERYONE on our roster is better than EVERYONE on their team? What point are you making here?

Your whole porst is the exact opposite. What is the point?

5. How many Loyola-Chicago games did you watch this year?

1. Ok. Even better they played 1 team with a pulse and lost to a bunch of teams without a pulse. Regardless they still suck.

2. Rodney sucks that is true, but he is good enough to get a lot of playing time on a **** team like Loyola. The guy has come a long way since the begining of the season and actually gives us solid minutes in games. If he was on Loyola he would log significantly more minutes. If he isnt able to start he would be a main rotational guy at the 5.

3. Yes. Every single position is better then theirs. Izundu is the better center. Huell the better PF. Amp the better SF. Lonnie the better SG. Newton is a toss up at PG. Lykes is the better 6th man all the way down the line.

4. Probably about 6-9. I have the ESPN app on all day at work and watch plenty of random teams.

1. How many Loyola games did you watch this year?

2. As for Krutwig...

- Krutwig had more points than he did against UF in 7 games.
- Krutwig had more rebounds than he did against UF in 6 games.
- Krutwig had more points + rebounds than he did against UF in 3 games.

3. Again with Miller.

I think everyone feels fairly certain that Rodney is not starting on Loyola. You would be alone there.

You worded your second point poorly so I would like confirmation on what you mean. Are you trying to say that of the 33 games he played this season UF was his 4th highest points+rebounds. So he only had 3 games where he had better stats? So you think having more points/rebounds against UNCW and 2 other ****** teams is having a better performance then scoring a few less against Florida?

1. Ok. Even better they played 1 team with a pulse and lost to a bunch of teams without a pulse. Regardless they still suck.

2. Rodney sucks that is true, but he is good enough to get a lot of playing time on a **** team like Loyola. The guy has come a long way since the begining of the season and actually gives us solid minutes in games. If he was on Loyola he would log significantly more minutes. If he isnt able to start he would be a main rotational guy at the 5.

3. Yes. Every single position is better then theirs. Izundu is the better center. Huell the better PF. Amp the better SF. Lonnie the better SG. Newton is a toss up at PG. Lykes is the better 6th man all the way down the line.

4. Probably about 6-9. I have the ESPN app on all day at work and watch plenty of random teams.

You can't discuss anything. It is all BS and hyperbole. You don't concede even when you admit things are not true (this is regards to them losing to EVERY TEAM WITH A PULSE).

Are you here to actually discuss the game or do you just want to stick to extreme statements?

Out of curiosity, which 6-9 games did you watch? Do you watch replays or live games?

Last edited:
You worded your second point poorly so I would like confirmation on what you mean. Are you trying to say that of the 33 games he played this season UF was his 4th highest points+rebounds. So he only had 3 games where he had better stats? So you think having more points/rebounds against UNCW and 2 other ****** teams is having a better performance then scoring a few less against Florida?

I am trying to say that he played better in other games. I guess those performances were not the 6-9 games you watched on the app during work.

Advertisement
You can't discuss anything. It is all BS and hyperbole. You don't concede even when you admit things are not true (this is regards to them losing to EVERY TEAM WITH A PULSE).

Are you here to actual discuss the game or do you just want to stick to extreme statements?

Out of curiosity, which 6-9 games did you watch? Do you watch replays or live games?

I admitted I was wrong regarding the pulse comment. I guess I have a lower standard for a pulse then you do, but regardless they beat one good team and lost to 5 trash teams. That was my point. In regards to your other post I was factoring in the other team when I said he had his career game. Personally I think having a great game against better competition is more impressive then purely stats. For example I would think someone scoring 10 points and 5 rebounds Shaquille O'Neal is more impressive then 12 points 6 rebounds agains Sean Bradley. I guess we can agree to disagree on that point. I watched them play Illinois state, UNI, Florida, Valparaiso, Bradley, Missouri St. and a couple others so I believe I watched 8-9 to be exact. They were live.

I admitted I was wrong regarding the pulse comment. I guess I have a lower standard for a pulse then you do, but regardless they beat one good team and lost to 5 trash teams. That was my point. In regards to your other post I was factoring in the other team when I said he had his career game. Personally I think having a great game against better competition is more impressive then purely stats. For example I would think someone scoring 10 points and 5 rebounds Shaquille O'Neal is more impressive then 12 points 6 rebounds agains Sean Bradley. I guess we can agree to disagree on that point. I watched them play Illinois state, UNI, Florida, Valparaiso, Bradley, Missouri St. and a couple others so I believe I watched 8-9 to be exact. They were live.

Why can't you post like this (above) every time? Just stick to the actual points of the post instead of the hyperbole/extreme comments.

As for his best game being against UF. UF doesn't have a big man that stands out. They have two big men (Stone and Harris) that play less than 25 MPG (not combined). A big man playing well against these two big men is not an accomplishment, per se.

The Miller stuff is wrong too but whatever. I don't believe he could start on any team in the NCAAT, let alone get serious burn. But this isn't the point.

Advertisement
We should outplay them and win.

We beat UNC, and should have, could have, beaten them in the ACC Tourney. We should have beaten Duke, but the point is, we matched up with two teams that could win it all.

Hopefully, we show up mentally. I think Newton's play will set the tone for the game, good or bad.

Upsets happen bc of good upperclassmen guard play and 3 point shooting. With that being said nobody over 6’9 bodes well for us. I’ll take my chances dominating on the glass and getting second chance points. There’s just as much of a chance they go 2-15 from three as they go 12-15. Typical first round game. It’s close in the first half and then we pull away. Canes by double digits.

Why can't you post like this (above) every time? Just stick to the actual points of the post instead of the hyperbole/extreme comments.

As for his best game being against UF. UF doesn't have a big man that stands out. They have two big men (Stone and Harris) that play less than 25 MPG (not combined). A big man playing well against these two big men is not an accomplishment, per se.

The Miller stuff is wrong too but whatever. I don't believe he could start on any team in the NCAAT, let alone get serious burn. But this isn't the point.

Agreed. Their 2 true bigs Gak and Egbuno are trash, but those where 2 of the best big men that they played all year. I cant think of any that where better. Either way Huell and Izundu are a lot better then that combo and I see them dominating their 5. I really do think Miller would get serious burn on that team, but that is neither here nor there.

Agreed. Their 2 true bigs Gak and Egbuno are trash, but those where 2 of the best big men that they played all year. I cant think of any that where better. Either way Huell and Izundu are a lot better then that combo and I see them dominating their 5. I really do think Miller would get serious burn on that team, but that is neither here nor there.

Forget about talent, Miller isn’t in good enough condition to get serious burn.

As for Gak and Egbunu, Egbunu didn’t play against Loyola and Gak played less than 15 minutes. So again, 1 didn’t log a minute in the Loyola game and the other played little.

UF’s big men are Hayes and Stone. These are the ones that start and actually play.

Advertisement
Back