Loyola beats Tennessee

Loyola destroying K State in the regional championship game now shows what a GOLDEN chance Miami blew to make a big run, also I never said Loyola is trash they are a good team but I feel that with Brown Miami beat them easily and the rest of these teams.
There is no way of knowing how we would have fared had we beaten them. Just stop.

Advertisement
After shooting 38% against us from 3, Loyola shot 40% against Tennessee, 38% against Nevada (hardly taking any because they got into the lane at will) and now shooting 50% against KSU. So it turns out our three point defense against them was right around the average.

Ironic. If Walker makes a free throw, or doesn't dribble out of bounds, we were guaranteed to tap out against Tennessee in the second round.....

This field is terribly weak probably the weakest I have ever seen and a short handed Canes team literally had Loyola on the ropes until a miracle 3 point shot at the buzzer.
You must not have seen much basketball. That was no "miracle 3 point shot." Fairly deep but straight on, and wide open. Loyola's made about 6 of those tonight.

Advertisement
Loyola plays much better as a "team" than we do. The more I see them, the more I'm convinced that's true. Their passing, especially on the interior, is FAR superior to what we were able to do this year.

"Mind Brain" Hamilton has a better season with Free Shoes than the entirety of the Miami basketball program....

Advertisement
"Mind Brain" Hamilton has a better season with Free Shoes than the entirety of the Miami basketball program....

He has also been at FSU for 16 years, and before this miracle run had one fewer Sweet 16 run than L, who has been at Miami for SEVEN years. Don't let that small, insignificant fact get in the way of your whine. FSU has made a Final Four before, so it wasn't like this run hadn't happened up there before.

After shooting 38% against us from 3, Loyola shot 40% against Tennessee, 38% against Nevada (hardly taking any because they got into the lane at will) and now shooting 50% against KSU. So it turns out our three point defense against them was right around the average.
***** all that. That hit the 3 when it mattered the most.

***** all that. That hit the 3 when it mattered the most.

In the NCAA tourney luck can be almost as valuable as talent.

In Coach L's run they beat North Carolina and #1 seeded Connecticut in the Great 8 to advance to the final 4. It happens. Our time will come. Soooner or later we will have the talent and luck to advance deep and maybe even get over the top one day.

I don't think we should be satisfied with making the tournament every year. But we've got to remember who we are. Having the expectations to win it all every year is for the blue bloods. Its who we are trying to get back to in football and who we are trying to become in basketball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back