Loyola beats Tennessee

Advertisement
I am sure they are better then all of the 244 ****** teams in the nation, but if they played in a P6 conferance they would not shoot like that.

They've played three teams from a power 6 conference and shot 50%, 40% and 40% from 3. You think every school is trash except for like 10?

They've played three teams from a power 6 conference and shot 50%, 40% and 40% from 3. You think every school is trash except for like 10?

Florida=Trash, Tenn=Trash, Miami=played an embarrassingly awful game. If we played them even at 75% effort we would have won.

Lol. It's obvious your basketball opinions are trash. Enjoy the rest of the tournament and watching these trash teams make the sweet 16.

Wow if it isn't the pot calling the kettle black. I am sure you are one of those guys that is so delusional he gets scared by Bethune Cookman and schools like that every year in football. Prior to every basketball season you make claims like "FAMU is a solid team this year. They got a couple 1* recruits this year so they may make a deep run in the MEAC this year!"

Advertisement
The AP overanking SEC teams? That could never happen.
I know the ACC is the best conference, but they beat GT who we couldn't beat. They were 2-1 against Kentucky, which is loaded with NBA talent as always, and only lost to UNC by 5. They might not be incredible, but they were probably about as good as us, if not better. I don't know that we could go 2-1 against Kentucky in 3 games.

Advertisement
I know the ACC is the best conference, but they beat GT who we couldn't beat. They were 2-1 against Kentucky, which is loaded with NBA talent as always, and only lost to UNC by 5. They might not be incredible, but they were probably about as good as us, if not better. I don't know that we could go 2-1 against Kentucky in 3 games.

If the U that lost to GT shows up then we would get blown out badly. Regardless, Kentucky is not good this year they are lucky to get an easy bracket. Plus Kentucky won when it mattered. We beat UNC in regular season as well.

Lol. It's obvious your basketball opinions are trash. Enjoy the rest of the tournament and watching these trash teams make the sweet 16.

Another SEC team down. So they are going to get a whole 1 team in the sweet 16! What a run that conference is making. Duke and UNC should try to join the SEC so they can get out of this conf. full of scrubs.

Loyola beating TN only makes me more irritated that we didn't take care of business in round one. I thought TN was overrated as a three (and the SEC overall got too much respect). We had a very manageable path to the sweet 16...sigh.

We really ****ed away an opportunity to make the E8 or even F4.

This not showing up for the Tournament shtick is irksome.

Advertisement
If they don't suck, then you think they're good. But how can they be good, like Sweet 16 good, with their history? They aren't UNC or Duke and they never will be. How were they able to get good players and then coach them up to knock off legit programs like Florida and Tennessee?

Chip Kelly still looking good for the UF job?

Loyola beating TN only makes me more irritated that we didn't take care of business in round one. I thought TN was overrated as a three (and the SEC overall got too much respect). We had a very manageable path to the sweet 16...sigh.

Yes, agree. Our draw was fairly soft this year is the takeaway. Loyola is a good team, you can't take that away from them but we handed ourselves an L and clearly Tennessee was very winnable for us.

They currently have more commits than Miami

That's my point. Loyola-Chicago has recruits and is in the Sweet 16 and they were somehow able to do that without being UNC or Duke. You've heard, right? We should he happy making the tournament because we will never be UNC or Duke.

Advertisement
Who wins and loses doesn't matter in my opinion. Most games are closely contested. Our flaws at the beginning of the year remained flaws throughout the year and I believe developed 2/3 years ago. Seems Coach L moved away from the good point guard and moved toward the combo guard that Haith followed. We also began chasing 5 star recruits rather than lower rated kids that the staff would develop over a period of years and play with juniors and seniors while mixing in a few freshmen here and there. Coach L needs to find a better offensive coach cause this team was horrible in most offensive stasticis

Who wins and loses doesn't matter in my opinion. Most games are closely contested. Our flaws at the beginning of the year remained flaws throughout the year and I believe developed 2/3 years ago. Seems Coach L moved away from the good point guard and moved toward the combo guard that Haith followed. We also began chasing 5 star recruits rather than lower rated kids that the staff would develop over a period of years and play with juniors and seniors while mixing in a few freshmen here and there. Coach L needs to find a better offensive coach cause this team was horrible in most offensive stasticis

Agree, but it's very difficult to fault a coach for paying attention to elite recruits when they start paying attention to you,too. Unfortunately, as we learned it is a markedly different approach to running a program that can be a zero sum game-- developing for a run every 2 or 3 years versus swinging for the fences every year. I think UM is stuck in the middle, we're too big a brand to be content with value and development, but the game is so rigged to keep the elites, elite it is tough to break through. I'm somewhat indifferent, but we have to pick a path and go with it and build a culture that can withstand a round or two of the tournament without these implosions. That won't happen with your feet in both ponds, that will give you the results and unbalanced teams we have been fighting.

We really ****ed away an opportunity to make the E8 or even F4.

This not showing up for the Tournament shtick is irksome.
Didn't show up? We probably should have won the game. Loyola is a really good squad. Don't let your agenda get in the way of facts though.

Advertisement
Back