Loyola beats Tennessee

Wasn't focused on it so much against us or UT but ... wow, I am really impressed with Loyola's ball movement tonight against Nevada. The ball doesn't "stick" at all, and the final pass in a sequence is usually a beauty to an open man. To say their ball movement is a blur compared to ours is not an overstatement. Really well coached.

Advertisement
Wasn't focused on it so much against us or UT but ... wow, I am really impressed with Loyola's ball movement tonight against Nevada. The ball doesn't "stick" at all, and the final pass in a sequence is usually a beauty to an open man. To say their ball movement is a blur compared to ours is not an overstatement. Really well coached.

Definitely well coached and smart players. For most of the second half against Nevada they got to the bucket at will for layups. Nevada locked them down for a few minutes though when they made their run and Loyola couldn't handle the length and athleticism. Frustrating that we couldn't exploit that advantage either.

It kills me that Kentucky is going to get to the Final Four by beating Buffalo / Kansas State / Loyola instead of Zona / Virginia / Cinci. If Duke and UK get to the championship game I don't know if I can watch it. Definitely wouldn't be able to enjoy it even if I could bring myself to watch. Guess i need to pull for Nova, Kansas, Michigan or Gonzaga since they're probably the only other teams with legit hopes.

Last edited:
With Brown Miami would be going to the elite 8 for sure and man it hurts to watch Loyola make it this far knowing they were one miss shot away to losing to the short handed Canes.

With Brown Miami would be going to the elite 8 for sure and man it hurts to watch Loyola make it this far knowing they were one miss shot away to losing to the short handed Canes.

They've basically been one shot away from losing all of their games so far. But we were definitely in the best position to win. So aggravating because it was such a winnable string of games.

Definitely well coached and smart players. For most of the second half against Nevada they got to the bucket at will for layups. Nevada locked them down for a few minutes though when they made their run and Loyola couldn't handle the length and athleticism. Frustrating that we couldn't exploit that advantage either.

It kills me that Kentucky is going to get to the Final Four by beating Buffalo / Kansas State / Loyola instead of Zona / Virginia / Cinci. If Duke and UK get to the championship game I don't know if I can watch it. Definitely wouldn't be able to enjoy it even if I could bring myself to watch. Guess i need to pull for Nova, Kansas, Michigan or Gonzaga since they're probably the only other teams with legit hopes.

Well I guess I'm an idiot for assuming UK would laugh all the way to the Final Four. Go Kansas State! I'm psyched to see UK lose but at the same time it's even more frustrating knowing that the Canes wouldn't have had to play Cinci, UVA, UK, Zona and would have had a legit Final Four chance... if we didn't blow it against a team with no pro prospects. Is Loyola going to the Final Four??

Advertisement
Well I guess I'm an idiot for assuming UK would laugh all the way to the Final Four. Go Kansas State! I'm psyched to see UK lose but at the same time it's even more frustrating knowing that the Canes wouldn't have had to play Cinci, UVA, UK, Zona and would have had a legit Final Four chance... if we didn't blow it against a team with no pro prospects. Is Loyola going to the Final Four??
Dude Loyola is winning it all. ******* fsu is in the elite 8. What a joke this tournament has been.

We cant have duke in the final 4. The duke fans will be insufferable for the entire off season if that happens.

Dude Loyola is winning it all. ******* fsu is in the elite 8. What a joke this tournament has been.
There aren't really any standout teams this year. Kansas lost 7 games and is 1 seed haha. 3/5 of the most hyped teams to win it all didn't make the sweet sixteen in UVA, Mich State, and UA. Maybe Nova but who knows.

Really, Bruce was never "right" this season except for the odd game or two. Offensively, at least, he was a shell of the player we saw last year. I'll give you we missed his defense and rebounding. To say we woulda been locks for the Elite 8 is going way too far though. We weren't a lock against any team we played -- with BB available!

Advertisement
There aren't really any standout teams this year. Kansas lost 7 games and is 1 seed haha. 3/5 of the most hyped teams to win it all didn't make the sweet sixteen in UVA, Mich State, and UA. Maybe Nova but who knows.
That's what makes it a great tournament. You wouldn't call Duke, KU or Nova standout teams??

That's what makes it a great tournament. You wouldn't call Duke, KU or Nova standout teams??
Duke is really good but they have their issues. They lost to BC, St Johns, and 5 other games so they're not unbeatable. KU was borderline blown out by Ok State and Baylor, two teams that didn't make the tourney. Nova is looking like the team to beat.

Every season, the NC was "beatable" and "had issues." How many undefeated NCs have we had? Answer: Zero since the 1970s.

Advertisement
Face it, we lost to Cinderella as they continue to advance I am going to root for them. They don't move this far into the tournament without having talent and every game they play is fun to watch.

They are a half away from the Final Four lol

Like I said it was a bad draw. They were the best small school in the tourney.

Advertisement
They’re beating people by playing old school basketball. Play like them and beat them...stop having a go to guy on offense and look for an open shot. That’s all you gotta do.

Loyola destroying K State in the regional championship game now shows what a GOLDEN chance Miami blew to make a big run, also I never said Loyola is trash they are a good team but I feel that with Brown Miami beat them easily and the rest of these teams.

Advertisement
Back