Love how the fans want to blame the coaches

I'm pulling for Manny to succeed & I think he will if he addresses problems effectively.

However, our play in the first game was extremely sloppy. We didn't lose solely because of the 10 sacks. Sure, it was a huge factor but so many aspects of that game hindered us. The operation of the offense was brutal. There were tons of undisciplined penalties (remember all the false starts). I think he should have made the tough decision to scrimmage more (like Saban does). First time starter at QB, new OC & new HC = recipe for a sloppy first outing...unless you scrimmage a lot before that first game.

The tackling was also really poor at times in the first game.

Special teams play was also really poor in the first game.

The coaches (in aggregate) are getting paid over $6 million per year. **** yeah -- we can all expect to see a crisper product than what we saw in the UF game. The coaches should be burning the midnight oil seven days a week to get EVERYTHING AS PRECISE AS POSSIBLE. If they are not doing that, they don't deserve to get paid that amount of money.

I'm confident Manny will be successful but the coaches unquestionably need to do a better job in every phase of the game.

The players also need to be more disciplined (like not fielding punts inside the ten -- which was completely unnecessary) and avoid unnecessary penalties.

Advertisement
I’ve been on on this board since 2014 so you’re wrong there. And go ahead and look at all my threads in recent years and particularly last year. Richt was just as bad if not worse than Golden. He was fired from a university where winning is a layup and very few schools have better talent.

This year has been different. We’ve outplayed both opponents. That’s a far cry then we’ve seen in 10 years. We have one of the best QBs in the country with two freshman on the oline and two sophomores. No top 25 in the country has that. The defense is young and all the playmakers will be back. Note the linebackers suck especially Shaq, he’s so slow.

If the kicker makes half of the kicks he’s missed. We still are probably 2-0, at the very least 1-1 against two quality teams.
Work on reading comprehension. I didn’t say we have heard the same points from you personally. I pointed out that your same tired line of excuse has been heard around here for decades. Same blah blah.

It’s fine to be optimistic about the future, but we are 0-2 and it ain’t all on the players. The staff chose to start two frosh on the OL.

No need to start tossing players under the bus.

Last edited:
Work on reading comprehension. I didn’t say we have heard the same points from you personally. I pointed out that your same tired line of excuse has been heard around here for decades. Same blah blah.

It’s fine to be optimistic about the future, but we are 0-2 and it ain’t all on the players. The staff chose to start two frosh on the OL.

No need to start tossing players under the bus.
What does the staff choosing two freshman to start in the oline have to do with anything? We have to do that cause the last offensive staff was inept. And we still gained almost 500 yards of offense and outgained them by over a 100. Man the coaching must have been awful.

What does the staff choosing two freshman to start in the oline have to do with anything? We have to do that cause the last offensive staff was inept. And we still gained almost 500 yards of offense and outgained them by over a 100. Man the coaching must have been awful.
If you would quit using it as an excuse for losing, I would agree it has nothing to do with nothing.

Advertisement
Run, run, pass, punt.
“These plays have worked for 30 years”
Continually starting a QB who ended his career losing to 7 in a row to power 5 teams and throwing more interceptions then completions in the first half.
“I’m not starting a more talented younger player then a more deserving older player”
Richt was the worst coach in P5 last year

I can show you plays where Richt called throws on first down. N’Kosi Perry started against FSU last season. Not Rosier. You can run run pass all day long so long as your players execute. Hypocritical to criticize coaching last year and give this year a pass.

I can show you plays where Richt called throws on first down. N’Kosi Perry started against FSU last season. Not Rosier. You can run run pass all day long so long as your players execute. Hypocritical to criticize coaching last year and give this year a pass.
How many games did we gain almost 500 yards of offense in conference last year and out gain our opponent by 100 yards? Hate how these coaches haven’t put the players in position to make plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back