Louisville coach talking about playing us

Advertisement
DA6C4C00-B2EB-434E-BAB9-F0A22458162B.jpeg

Advertisement
I've been saying McCloud has no business playing for Miami forever, of course I was attacked by the sunshine pumpers for it. I was of course proven right last Thursday, watch how bad UL's speed on offense makes him look.
Really? I’ve seen people saying Mccloud is terrible for a while.

Enos & Williams dismantled this D. No worries. Our D won’t be great but they’ll make enough plays to win the game for us.

Advertisement
I’m sure they’ll get some explosives, but we’ll get our share of TFLs and havoc plays.

I think we win something like 38-31

As much as we complain about our defense, it’s been solid since Manny took over.

It’s like people have forgetten the “500 Club” days of Golden and D’Onofrio where it was a struggle to keep teams under 500 yards of offense.

Louisville’s defense is objectively worse than ours, and we enough talent to make them pay.
I appreciate what you are saying but with all due respect this isn't about our defense being solid since Diaz has been here. For the record I think that Diaz showed the ability to recognize his weaknesses and adjust accordingly. From 2016-2018 his defenses improved every year. He improved the defense greatly in his fist year. An impressive feat considering the damage Dono had done. In 2017 he tweaked his defense a little and improved our 3rd down efficiency in addition to creating a million turnovers. Then in 2018 he had his formula perfected to the tune of being top 3 in practically every defensive category that mattered.

Back to the current topic and no I don't think we have forgotten just how terrible our defense was under Dorito. The point here is that there is a disturbing pattern that is beginning to emerge on defense that coincides exactly with the arrival of Baker as DC. I went off on a tangent about Diaz's defenses as DC to illustrate the difference between Diaz and Baker as DC and that difference seems to be huge. Hopefully from this Saturday forward, Baker puts those concerns to rest but thus far I have not seen anything to suggest that Baker is capable of doing that.

I look at this offense and the new staff plus King and I can see this offense getting better every week. Yes we do have the talent to make Louisville pay and I believe we will. I'm just pointing out that as exciting as it is to see our offense begin to take off, it would be a real shame if the one unit that has been solid the last 4 years begins to unravel because the DC is a buffoon.

Keontra Smith is a fvckin' animal. You wanna take him off the field to put a traditional LB out there against 3/4 WR sets?
Literally has zero benefit.
Said “at times” meaning situationally.. what has smith proven ? He doesn’t even start. I think he’ll be good .. but if he having 3 backers on field means having brooks on the field or huff on more I could see a benefit.

just would still like that versatility , Bama 21’ could see it being beneficial

Advertisement
This **** is itching for revenge, blake baker, I'm looking at you, don't let this game get you fired!
Please he sounds shook as ****. This is a game I want to see lots of counters/power/traps. I wouldn't mind seeing cam on inside zone. I want some wheel routes. I want to see Mallory in the slot. I want to see some slip/tunnel wr screens. I think we should blow these dudes out. If we can clamp them down on defense the first few series and settle in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This. Go rewatch the UAB game and focus on the LB corps. That performance by McCloud was one for the ages. For being terrible that is. He seemed to be completely lost for most of the game. I don't know what was up with him but it was not exactly encouraging. Jennings was ok. Nothing special but not terrible. Steed was a non factor. With any of those 3 in the game we have no lateral quickness or speed and we cannot seal the edge. We just can't get there in time. Brooks always stands out because of his tremendous speed. How does Avery Huff go the entire game without a single snap on defense in a home opener vs a G5 school?

To me there is absolutely nothing to be gained by having McCloud, Jennings and Steed play most of the snaps. Give Brooks as many snaps as possible so the kid can have the chance to get into his groove. He needs to play as much as possible and so does Huff. He's not going to get any better sitting on the bench. You have Baker and Diaz coaching LBs in addition to Patke yet this position group is consistently among the worst coached as players seem to develop very little one year to the next. I'm not even going to get into the CBs as that has been discussed ad nauseam. The thing that concerns me is that we may begin to see evidence that the play of our Safeties has been in decline since Baker was hired. I've heard many lump Diaz and Baker together but the reality is that Diaz as a DC is significantly better than Baker and I'm being nice to Baker stating it that way.
Baker is trash. He’s been ***.

Please he sounds shook as ****. This is a game I want to see lots of counters/power/traps. I wouldn't mind seeing cam on inside zone. I want some wheel routes. I want to see Mallory in the slot. I want to see some slip/tunnel wr screens. I think we should blow these dudes out. If we can clamp them down on defense the first few series and settle in.
LoL, he's not afraid of blake baker nor coach diaz, like many, they just automatically have respect for athlete's from down here, but headcoaching wise, I'm sure he's way more confident and looking at diaz as not his equal.

LoL, he's not afraid of blake baker nor coach diaz, like many, they just automatically have respect for athlete's from down here, but headcoaching wise, I'm sure he's way more confident and looking at diaz as not his equal.
And I completely disagree, Diaz undressed him as DC at **** stat in 2016. Then penos undressed him and his DC last year. Lol
Thanks for the laugh early in the morning. Keep sucking off the same exact coaches we dropped a 50 burger on last year. We will revisit this around 10 tonight.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back