Louisville coach talking about playing us

Ragone got snaps tho! I was watching any old tape I could find with DIaz against outside zone teams and watched both App st and NCST 2016, Its crazy to see Pickney and Quaterman look better early in their career than later, like the coaching after 4 years didnt do anything even mccloud didnt look as bad as last week. Really weird to see. Also the defense looked better overall, not sure how with all manny players we have taken a step back. Its one of those situations where the coach becomes head coach and his unit suffers even tho he is on staff so he might have to come back even if he wants to be hands off..

Happened last year when he said the defense has to "look" like a miami hurricane defense so he basically had to get back in the kitchen..
Zach McCloud looked Fantastic at the end of 16. He looked like he had the most promise of all 3 of those guys. I can’t believe we continue to see this trend of players getting worse as the years go on. I obviously don’t follow any other programs as deeply as Miami but I can’t imagine this same phenomena happens at too many other programs

Advertisement
We can win this. We know how to stop the run. Gotta be disciplined on D, d backs turn and play the ball and put their QB on his *** as often as possible. Offensively just catch the dam ball, protect OUR QB and open the run lanes.

This. Go rewatch the UAB game and focus on the LB corps. That performance by McCloud was one for the ages. For being terrible that is. He seemed to be completely lost for most of the game. I don't know what was up with him but it was not exactly encouraging. Jennings was ok. Nothing special but not terrible. Steed was a non factor. With any of those 3 in the game we have no lateral quickness or speed and we cannot seal the edge. We just can't get there in time. Brooks always stands out because of his tremendous speed. How does Avery Huff go the entire game without a single snap on defense in a home opener vs a G5 school?

To me there is absolutely nothing to be gained by having McCloud, Jennings and Steed play most of the snaps. Give Brooks as many snaps as possible so the kid can have the chance to get into his groove. He needs to play as much as possible and so does Huff. He's not going to get any better sitting on the bench. You have Baker and Diaz coaching LBs in addition to Patke yet this position group is consistently among the worst coached as players seem to develop very little one year to the next. I'm not even going to get into the CBs as that has been discussed ad nauseam. The thing that concerns me is that we may begin to see evidence that the play of our Safeties has been in decline since Baker was hired. I've heard many lump Diaz and Baker together but the reality is that Diaz as a DC is significantly better than Baker and I'm being nice to Baker stating it that way.
So basically, we agree, Baker sux as this D is not what it was when ***** was the DC. As I've said before, Baker has no business being the DC of a school like Miami. I hope I'm wrong but I see our D regressing and our O getting better forthcoming.

Advertisement
Wisconsin was marquee........vtech last year........sadly, we've barely won anything. Hopefully this is the beginning of something.
VTech last year was a dead end squad who couldn’t move the ball on anyone. Again, it’s not the marquee games that are the issue (with the away caveat), it’s the **** ants.

So basically, we agree, Baker sux as this D is not what it was when ***** was the DC. As I've said before, Baker has no business being the DC of a school like Miami. I hope I'm wrong but I see our D regressing and our O getting better forthcoming.
This is what I struggle to understand. Why the f did we look so much faster on d when manny was dc? We look SLOW now with a Similar scheme. Were Golden’s recruits that much more athletic?! That’s shocking to me

Advertisement
Satterfield: "We're looking forward to Miami"

Satterfield at the same time begins rubbing his forearm; a technique to self-soothe to manage his feelings.

LOL. Miami by 3 TDs.
EA762C31-6E04-4730-BCB6-1CBB288B23B0.gif

Advertisement
Zach McCloud looked Fantastic at the end of 16. He looked like he had the most promise of all 3 of those guys. I can’t believe we continue to see this trend of players getting worse as the years go on. I obviously don’t follow any other programs as deeply as Miami but I can’t imagine this same phenomena happens at too many other programs
Striker Happened ,

feel like McCloud is out of Postion ... and confused
I’m not saying D hasn’t been productive, but I’d like to see more 4-3 at times.

Just wait until he comes back for next season.

Advertisement
At some point you have to realize that some guys, while they may have all the physical tools to be studs, are just slow where it counts...in between the ears. McCloud is always the last guy on defense to diagnose and react to the play. I can post 20 screenshots of him still sitting flat-footed while everyone else is in motion. When he does diagnose the play successfully, it's like he's shot out of a cannon. Unfortunately, he's prone to miss more often than not. So he'll have two or three flash plays per game, but at least half a dozen more where he'll be in position and just whiff. I was really hoping this would be the year that it would all come together for him. Unfortunately, he is who he is. BTW, everything I just wrote about McCloud applies to Perry as well.

We won it last year.

We’ve won every marquee matchup sans UF of the last two years, and we should’ve won that game. It’s the **** ants that trip us up.

Last year just felt like ten.

You think Louisville last year was a marquee matchu?

Advertisement
Back