Off-Topic Lost my dog

Advertisement
Canes family, would you all keep my wife and I in your prayers. We had to put down our dog tonight at an emergency vet hospital. We are crushed. Thank you.
Sorry for your loss. it’s no doubt heartbreaking losing a family member. Hold on to the memories of the great times with your buddy. Will be thinking of you and your wife.

Ugh. That’s brutal. Went thru it a year ago. It is really tough. If you’re anything like me you probably have about 1000 pics. Think about putting together a photo album to remember the pup by or something similar. Just an idea.

“Dogs may only be part of our lives but to them we are their whole lives”.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's amazing how close you grow to them. They are innocent souls and want nothing more than to please you.

I put down my lab close to seven years ago. I had that dog since she was six weeks old and she went everywhere with me. I have a picture of her above my dresser and still think about her almost everyday. It took over three years before my wife convinced me to get our German Shepherd and I'm sure it'll hit the same way when the time comes again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Canes family, would you all keep me and my wife iin your prayers. We had to put down our dog tonight at an emergency vet hospital. We are crushed. Thank you.

I'm so sorry you and your family is going through that. I just went through it 2 weeks ago.
We had a healthy mini dachshund that was baby sat from rover. When we picked her up she acted really too relaxed, from there she got dog dementia and pretty much deteriorated within 2 weeks.
It was the hardest thing we went through as a family. We will pray for your family and pup.

Advertisement
Sorry to hear this as it's so tough and nothing is really gonna help right now. I dread this too as my current pup is 13 yrs old.

I've posted them before but these are the two best tributes I've seen in a while.

SVP nailed it about the pain being the cost of the transaction and dogs being grace. I'm not a big country guy but that Chris Stapleton song is spot on too.

The part of his article that Peter King links to in that tweet really helped me a couple weeks after I lost 2 Boxers within a relatively short period of time years ago.

You wont find truer words than this:

[BGCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]"The easiest way to not feel this grief is to never have a dog. And what an empty life that would be."[/BGCOLOR]

200.gif

Sorry for the lost of your beloved pet. I am sure he/she was a tremendous companion.
I can't imagine life without my golden's.

Advertisement
Back