Off-Topic Lost my dog

Canes family, would you all keep me and my wife iin your prayers. We had to put down our dog tonight at an emergency vet hospital. We are crushed. Thank you.
1691554330974.png

Advertisement
Canes family, would you all keep me and my wife iin your prayers. We had to put down our dog tonight at an emergency vet hospital. We are crushed. Thank you.
Sorry buddy. We all know that’s rough losing a member of the house and family. Prayers for you and your wife.

Sorry to hear that man, my dog actually turned 1 today and my other one turns 6 on Friday. Those little ****ers drive me nuts at times but I can't imagine losing one.

Advertisement
Prayers for you and your wife. My condolences. I can absolutely relate because I had to have my mine put down in October 2001. I had a "It's a Canes Thing you wouldn't understand" T-shirt that most of the 2001 team had signed at the spring game that year. I wrapped him in it before we buried him. I still miss him but its all the great memories that nobody can ever take from you. Treasure those.

Advertisement
Condolences to you and your family.

I was also going to post the SVP tribute video. It is perfection.

Recently we had to help one of our little furry ones pass with dignity and grace.

Tough choice that had to be made.

To help ease our grief, we had her "aquamated"* and her ashes placed in a vase vessel. Now she sits in our home always with beautiful flowers. Not crazy expensive and a good way for her to remain close to us.

DM and I'll get you all the details...

*more "eco-friendly" alternative to cremation...available for all sizes of family pets

I'm very sorry to learn about this. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Advertisement
Sorry about your loss. My dog, "Rags" is just a few months from 17 years old and I rue the day we'll have to let him go. After our second dog died we didn't want another animal. Then, one day, my daughter came down to visit and when we opened the front door this tiny dog ran straight across the room and jumped into my lap. He stared at me and all I could see in his eyes was pure love.

My daughter then went on to tell me that she had to get a tire fixed and that the place said she really needed a new set. I asked her to give me the keys to her car. I went to Firestone and had them put 4 new tires on for her. When I got back home my wife and she had already changed the dog's name from Blaze to Maui. I then said "Look! You get the tires, we get the dog" AND "But he looks like a ragamuffin so we'll call him Rags". It was the best trade I ever made in my life.

Carry happy thoughts of you dog forever!

I feel your pain brother I'm putting my little one down today. I found Louie on the street seven years ago in Orlando he'd been hit by a car and been abused so I took him in... Best decision I ever made. Now he has brain tumors and the seizures are coming more frequently so it's time. Letting them go is so hard even though it's the right thing to do, you're in my prayers.

Last edited:
I did not thnk that Iwould cry when my Kiki died, boy was I wrong.
Check out Curtis Salgado & Alan Hager's, "The Greatest Wish" on You Tube music, song says it all, it's sad but it also promotes happy thoughts!

Advertisement
Sorry to hear. I know I'm incredibly blessed in the rest of my life to be able to say something like this, but putting Cane the Boxer down in 2018 was the hardest day of my life. My sincere condolences. One thing I can offer you is that, although this feels so false it's almost laughable to you right now, time truly does heal all wounds. You'll get through it, and I promise one day soon you won't feel the hurt you feel today. But it takes time. Just one day at a time, cherish the memories, and heal.

Condolences to your family.

Lost my guy in January and I still go to give him his meds some mornings. Had dogs and or cats all my life but after the last ones I just can’t do it anymore. Sucks to not have any but I just can’t pay the emotional price at the end again.

I’ve be done this twice and I’m still not over it many years later.
Even typing this is affecting me of losing my two best friends I ever known.

My sincere condolences 💐 only fellow pet owners know of this emotional loss.

You and you family are not alone

Advertisement
Back