Lorenzo Lingard

****. Knew he had jets, but more explosive than J.T.?

I’m more ready than ever to see this kid get carries.
The thing with jt is he cant excell off of his burst consistently enough. His initial burst is insane. But it's sort of like he loses a gear from that point while lo just keeps accelerating. He is the only player we really have who can just take it to another gear. We've got plenty of **** explosive kids. Fast as can be. But speed and track speed are different. That's something manny has been going back and forth on. Getting kids back into track as a mandatory thing.

Advertisement
The thing with jt is he cant excell off of his burst consistently enough. His initial burst is insane. But it's sort of like he loses a gear from that point while lo just keeps accelerating. He is the only player we really have who can just take it to another gear. We've got plenty of **** explosive kids. Fast as can be. But speed and track speed are different. That's something manny has been going back and forth on. Getting kids back into track as a mandatory thing.

Those who are capable should run track

Lo is fine. His rehab was set up the way it was for a reason. Reason being is that he’s a gym rat & they didn’t want him to push his limits when he wasn’t ready. He’s running, cutting, in the sand-pit, & will be 100% full go come August 24 !!!

Advertisement

Gotcha. Difference between a fast 40 and a fast 100.

Thanks for the insight.

JT has been caught on 2 or 3 occasions that I was certain he wouldn’t get caught in. I forgot which games they were but I agree he loses a gear at a certain point. It’s interesting to say the least.

My guy you really think these pretty **** good stats is some how a knock on DJ? LOL...you're tripping
That’s pretty good to you in games 6-13 specifically?
6 of the last 8 games with less than 4.0 ypc is not good for a Miami back. Not saying he isn’t good but the way he finished last season with inefficient running and fumble issues in multiple games, he got a lot to prove this year imo. And my overarching point is that is a reason he shouldn’t be just anointed the starting job just yet

Advertisement
JT has been caught on 2 or 3 occasions that I was certain he wouldn’t get caught in. I forgot which games they were but I agree he loses a gear at a certain point. It’s interesting to say the least.
Georgia tech, Savannah state are 2 of the instances. Ga tech the db had an angle on him and on Savannah state he still scored on the play but looked kind of tired running.

The issue imo with Jeff in terms of long distance running , although he comes from a powerhouse school in the east St. Louis football flyers he probably didn’t run track at all which explains the elite burst in the 40 yards but not knowing how to exactly keep that speed in running longer distances. Track could have helped him with that as well as some of our other guys like dsddcane said

Has DJ lost any weight or gotten more explosive?

I really liked his potential in 2017.

He was never a burner, but he had that sneaky shiftiness that gets 10-20 yard runs consistently.

Seemed like he lost some of that trying to get bigger for 2018. The predictable nature of our offense reduced all of our backs potential. They never seemed to be able to hit the line with momentum like in 2017.

Even Travis seemed less explosive. He ran hard and I bout did a back flip when he trucked that defender against FSU, but he looked shot out of a cannon when he first took over for Mark. Seemed to give credibility to the speculation that he was battling nagging injuries.

It’s pretty noticeable in games, JT gets a lead and sometimes seems to get caught when he’s running 40+ yds

dj has trimmed down a bit, dont sleep on him. he is not as explosive as Lo but the kid has great vision. Finds holes.
some have questioned his work ethic but he is a natural football player.
This is great news! I know people are excited for Cam and Lo’s development, but don’t sleep on what Dj brings to the table.

I think he can do the most damage in two back sets with 20 and 21 personnel from shotgun. Use him in motion and the slot with 10-15 carries and 5-7 targets in the passing game.

He hurt LSU with the screen and Richt abandoned it to let Malik chuck 30 yard ducks up the sideline.

There is TONS of potential to have a productive offense with the guys on the roster. Just need an oc that steps out of his comfort zone and designs plays to take advantage of the specific skills and strengths of the players on hand.

It has been awhile since we have had that.

Advertisement
Yep I believe in DJ.

He just didn’t look as shifty in 2018.
Deejay is who he is, he didn’t look any less “shifty” in 18 as he did in 17. People act like he had some mythical freshman season where he looked so explosive but it’s just not the case.

Georgia tech, Savannah state are 2 of the instances. Ga tech the db had an angle on him and on Savannah state he still scored on the play but looked kind of tired running.

The issue imo with Jeff in terms of long distance running , although he comes from a powerhouse school in the east St. Louis football flyers he probably didn’t run track at all which explains the elite burst in the 40 yards but not knowing how to exactly keep that speed in running longer distances. Track could have helped him with that as well as some of our other guys like dsddcane said
He was without Question the Fastest Kid at Under Armour game a few yrs ago...Not only the game, but the practices the week leading up...I purposely took a couple days off, combined with the weekend to watch practices from close up....He even Won the Fastest Man event. It was Comical, what he did too 4 & 5* DBs....Not one of them had a chance off the line. Personally, he loafs somewhat on Long TD Catch & Run's...Happened during the UA game on his TD where the last 25yds he kinda played too much...All I know is what I saw that week...and I saw a kid make a Mockery of the Elite....Reminds me of Roscoe Parrish..with alittle better recieving skills.

Advertisement
It's not the smartest move to go off of stats. No one was going to be consistent with the play calling and OL play we had last year. If you watch the player you see someone who got tough yards and found ways to make negative runs turn into positives. I think the only valid issues with Deejay is he sometimes tries to bounce to the outside too often and he doesn't have great explosiveness but he does everything else well and I think you guys have to take pass blocking into account way more
Come on man. DJ is definitely a fan favorite but let's not act like he's a better pure RB than Cam. If Manny was truly about starting the better player and not showing favoritism towards seniority, then Cam would be the starter and DJ would be the 3rd down back but everyone knows this is DJs last year and he needs tape for the NFL so that's why it won't happen.

Come on man. DJ is definitely a fan favorite but let's not act like he's a better pure RB than Cam. If Manny was truly about starting the better player and not showing favoritism towards seniority, then Cam would be the starter and DJ would be the 3rd down back but everyone knows this is DJs last year and he needs tape for the NFL so that's why it won't happen.

You're becoming one of the worst posters in this board fast.

Advertisement
Back