Lorenzo Lingard

Advertisement
I think Deejay is underrated at this point. I feel like because we know who he is as a player we don't value him as much. He doesn't have the elite attributes like Lingard and maybe cam (agility/cutting ability) but he's our strongest back, rarely goes down on first contact, our best pass protector and a very good receiver out of the backfield. He doesn't have the elite explosion but he does everything pretty well which isn't exciting but it's the most reliable

I agree with this. I see Cam as the big play/exciting RB. But he's also more boom or bust. Dallas is more steady and efficient, but less athletic and exciting.

I see the pecking order as:

3) Cam - Will make some big plays, and we need to get him touches. But he's always looking to make a big play, which leads to some bad runs. And he just doesn't take on contact the way I'd like to see him do.

2) Dallas - Our biggest, steadiest, most powerful RB. He's the best in short yardage, and will break off yards in consistent chunks. He's just not as athletic as Cam or Lingard

1) Lingard - He has the potential to be the best combination of size, speed, power, and big plays. I'm banking on him reaching that potential

All 3 are really good options

Last edited:
Don’t know why but his whole injury situation has been one of the biggest mysteries in a while up there with the likes of who shot JFK and Area 51.

Maybe I’m just a nosy ****...
Did I ever read that wrong. I was about to say, I had no idea JFK was shot in Area 51. Now THAT would be about as mysterious as the Lingard injury situation.

And then they didn’t learn from it and totally embarrassed themselves the following year in the Fiesta vs Arizona.

Miami didn’t want to be in that Bowl game. Erickson began to lose these kids around that time.

Advertisement
Clearly the rbs need to fight to the death. We can't have 3 good backs that all contribute, there can be only one.

D.J. won’t scare opposing DCs. He’s a solid do it all type back.

Cam/Lo will have DCs ****ing themselves the night before a game.
I like cam but think he's getting a little over hyped right now. I think very few RBs are that level impact where DCs have to be worried about them. I think Lo has that potential but it's exactly that, potential so we don't know yet. From the little tape he had he's going to have to be stronger on his feet and have better contact balance to reach that potential but if he does then he'll definitely be a big time problem

Advertisement
Graig Cooper is one of the most underrated and underutilized RB in Canes history and he was fast ****. I doubt Lingard really runs a 4.27 especially after this injury. I could see him running a 4.36 at the most.
No way Cooper is the most underrated and underutilized back in Canes history. No way. Cooper was a good player, thats it. He was utilized plenty

No way Cooper is the most underrated and underutilized back in Canes history. No way. Cooper was a good player, thats it. He was utilized plenty
He was the best RB in that backfield. He should have gotten an overwhelmingly majority of the carries, he didn't.

We will see but that’s only part of the problem. He’s not as physically gifted to be the main back on this team over both cam or lingard if both are healthy either. But he can be a valuable weapon(not as the starter rb) but used all over the field and getting him carries as well as involved in the passing game with various formations
I wanted DJ an Corner when he got here

Advertisement
And against Toledo/FIU/Sav St:

Lingard - 17 for 136, 8.0 ypc, 2TD's
Cam - 6 for 27, 4.5 ypc, 0 TD's

Now - maybe Cam equals Lo's stats in those game if he's given more carries. But that's projecting. We know that Lo was better when they both played in the same games.

And maybe if Lo stayed healthy, he'd have been as good as Cam vs GT & VT. But that's projecting. We know that Cam was awesome in those games. We also know he wasn't good in the next 2 vs. Pitt & Wisconsin (that part is always conveniently left out).

I'm the last person you have to convince to put more weight on performance vs. stronger opponents. And we've seen the good & bad with Cam there, where we haven't seen Lingard at all. I totally get people projecting Cam to be great - but it's still projecting at this point.

I agree - both are good and will get their share of carries. Who will be better is a conversation based on projection.
You’re fighting a losing battle. These guys are victims of the moment. Combine the fact that they’ve seen Cam play more recently than Ambassador Lingard with the insider schtick about Cam being the better RB, and that’s an insurmountable mountain of faulty thought that you have to climb.

I predict that soon they will label you as a Cam hater and somehow try to spin your reasonable position (we don’t know who the better RB is due to lack of data) into you hating Cam and being a star *****.

Love Cam's Hands....Would love to see Wheel routes with him, and I think you will...with Shoddy OL play, there's not a ton of time for a play too develop. No QB on team will have Dorsey-esque time to sit back and Survey the field for 4 seconds with a Mediocre at Best OL..TE Sets, and how they use them will also be a determining factor in our Offense...Mallory is soon to be Olsen 2.0....complete Mismatch on any LBer...Him and Brevin (essentially 2 more WRs) will be fun to watch with both on the field...

Advertisement
Dallas is our top back right now .....Cam needs to prove he's ready to take that next step....before we overrate his overall combined physical and mental ability....Lo has more to prove at this level... especially the ability to find daylight in traffic...I'm not completely sold on either underclassman as starters right now....I'm rolling wit DeeJay til I see one of them prove it on the field....

I agree with this. I see Cam as the big play/exciting RB. But he's also more boom or bust. Dallas is more steady and efficient, but less athletic and exciting.

I see the pecking order as:

3) Cam - Will make some big plays, and we need to get him touches. But he's always looking to make a big play, which leads to some bad runs. And he just doesn't take on contact the way I'd like to see him do.

2) Dallas - Our biggest, steadiest, most powerful RB. He's the best in short yardage, and will break off yards in consistent chunks. He's just not as athletic as Cam or Lingard

1) Lingard - He has the potential to be the best combination of size, speed, power, and big plays. I'm banking on him reaching that potential

All 3 are really good options
Dallas/Cam/Lingard = Gurley/Chubb/Michel 2.0?...
Ok ok I know, this is wishful thinking

Dallas is our top back right now .....Cam needs to prove he's ready to take that next step....before we overrate his overall combined physical and mental ability....Lo has more to prove at this level... especially the ability to find daylight in traffic...I'm not completely sold on either underclassman as starters right now....I'm rolling wit DeeJay til I see one of them prove it on the field....

What has deejay proven?

Bama completely dismantled us in that game. They kicked our ***. I accept it. This was no Ohio St '02 that will burn my *** until I die. Those adjustments weren't made because we didn't make adjustments for years because we didn't have to. Nobody saw Bama doing anything making it neccesary to change that leading up to it. They were a dead program for a decade before that year and we won what 32 or so in a row before it right? C'mon man we were just overconfident and got outcoached and outplayed. I'll never remember **** near crying in my parents' basement watching it. A few tweeks on offense weren't saving anything. They physically kicked our ****s in and ran all over us. And my 2nd favorite Cane ever Gino **** the ******* bed. Stallings completely and utterly outcoached us in every way, including their offense against our D.

Took it to us and from us.

LT.jpg

Advertisement
Back