Lorenzo Lingard

Advertisement
Except this is the only thing that matters. I'm not saying Cam is better, I'm saying you can't say Lo is better "based off what he did early in the season" when he did that against bad comp with more chances. I'm also saying that it doesn't matter who is better, because getting on the Cam bandwagon doesn't equate to saying he's the best running back on the team. DRev started this "we have a bias towards Cam and think he will outperform Lingard" nonsense.

Also, Cam's performance at Pitt is one thing, Cam's performance against Wisconsin is left out because not only did the whole team **** the bed, but he had 1 carry.

I definitely agree with you that what Cam did against stronger competition holds more weight. And jumping on the Cam bandwagon doesn't mean you're saying he's our best RB - it's just pointing out that he's gonna be really good.

I do get DRev's point in that I think people may be placing a little too much weight on the GT & VT games. It's natural to do that because we've seen it more recently. But I've seen plenty of Miami RB's get crowned too quickly after a very small sample size - Cooper, Gus, Yearby, Walton - so I get it.

I think both points are valid. And you're right - in the end we have 3 very good RB options, so arguing who is "best" might be an unnecessary discussion (but of course it will still happen).

Graig Cooper is one of the most underrated and underutilized RB in Canes history and he was fast ****. I doubt Lingard really runs a 4.27 especially after this injury. I could see him running a 4.36 at the most.

Graig Cooper was a beast but I think he was better as a 1-2 punch instead of carrying the backfield by himself. After the knee injury he started running timid imo. He wasn’t a blazer either he ran like mid 4.6 range... his short area quickness and acceleration was elite though which made him look faster than he was.

Lorenzo Lingard has track speed with a football physique... he may not be exactly a 4.27 but he definitely runs under 4.4.

Lingard just needs to get healthy. It’s all over once that happens. He’s an elite specimen at RB. I know many people here are on all in Dallas’s nuts, but he can’t hold one of Lingard’s in that regard. Lo was a 5 star for a reason. I expect Dallas to be more of a 3rd down guy by the end of the season with Cam and Lo the main guys getting carries.
The good news is even if a RB goes down we are still better off than 95% of the teams in the country.

Yet, he's the consensus 5 star coming out of HS. Some serious flaws in those ratings.
cam didnt get hurt. cam has had more time to develop. I love lo and i think he and cam can be scary together but i think Lo need some polish to catch up to his ridic natural ability.

Advertisement
Lingard just needs to get healthy. It’s all over once that happens. He’s an elite specimen at RB. I know many people here are on all in Dallas’s nuts, but he can’t hold one of Lingard’s in that regard. Lo was a 5 star for a reason. I expect Dallas to be more of a 3rd down guy by the end of the season with Cam and Lo the main guys getting carries.
The good news is even if a RB goes down we are still better off than 95% of the teams in the country.
dj has trimmed down a bit, dont sleep on him. he is not as explosive as Lo but the kid has great vision. Finds holes.
some have questioned his work ethic but he is a natural football player.

dj has trimmed down a bit, dont sleep on him. he is not as explosive as Lo but the kid has great vision. Finds holes.
I dont Think Dallas even has great vision, multiple games last where I know People accused homer of having bad vision but deejays was no better in games 5-13 last season.

I hope He has trimmed down so he can be more effective. He’s got to prove it this year

I think Deejay is underrated at this point. I feel like because we know who he is as a player we don't value him as much. He doesn't have the elite attributes like Lingard and maybe cam (agility/cutting ability) but he's our strongest back, rarely goes down on first contact, our best pass protector and a very good receiver out of the backfield. He doesn't have the elite explosion but he does everything pretty well which isn't exciting but it's the most reliable

I think Deejay is underrated at this point. I feel like because we know who he is as a player we don't value him as much. He doesn't have the elite attributes like Lingard and maybe cam (agility/cutting ability) but he's our strongest back, rarely goes down on first contact, our best pass protector and a very good back out of the backfield. He doesn't have the elite explosion but he does everything pretty well which isn't exciting but it's the most reliable

And that’s fine but he shouldn’t start over guys who are more physically talented or have higher ceilings than him all things being considered regarding health. If he gets down to 205 then maybe

Advertisement
I know some people don't agree with me (No Fs given) but I'll take it to my Grave that against Bama, that One Back Offense was a Terrible choice to run against them...Especially with a porous OL...I screamed at the TV the entire game...Bad OL...A QB who was a Sloth to begin with, and your running a 1 back offense, with 160lb Conley splitting out Wide, against Copeland & Curry??....It was Suicidal.....

A former player (will remain nameless) shared with me the amount of partying that occurred going into that game. Wouldn’t have mattered what we ran that day.

I dont Think Dallas even has great vision, multiple games last where I know People accused homer of having bad vision but deejays was no better in games 5-13 last season.

I hope He has trimmed down so he can be more effective. He’s got to prove it this year
to me, cam and lo are nfl talent. Deejay might make it but thsoe kids can be known names.

Yeah I believe Cam and Lingard are both better RBs than Dallas. If Manny was really all about starting the better player then Cam would start and Dallas would play the 3rd down role. Coaches say that they will play the better player but it usually comes down to seniority.

As far as Cam and Lingard though I feel like Lo has more potential to take over a game. He's always one cut away from housing it from 80 yards. Don't get me wrong though Cam will definitely go to the NFL.

Not Lingards fault, but only Cam has proven what he can do at this point.

Cam clearly doesn't have Lo's straight line speed, but he also brings some aspects to the game that Lo "might" not with a questionable OL.

Give me Lo all day long behind a purchased all star OL at Alabama / Ohio Taint / Clemp$on.

UM

A former player (will remain nameless) shared with me the amount of partying that occurred going into that game. Wouldn’t have mattered what we ran that day.

And then they didn’t learn from it and totally embarrassed themselves the following year in the Fiesta vs Arizona.

Advertisement
And that’s fine but he shouldn’t start over guys who are more physically talented or have higher ceilings than him all things being considered regarding health. If he gets down to 205 then maybe
Yeah agree but they have to prove it in game I think week one Deejay should be starting with the other two obviously getting some reps but you know you can trust Deejay even if he may not give you the biggest payoff the floor is much higher

His weight is certainly a concern. Plus he's a fumbling machine.
I'd like to see him in an all-purpose role (RB/WR/QB).
It would open up more touches for Harris & Lingard and thin out the herd at WR.

Advertisement
That was 02...In 01 Dorsey should have Won...not to mention Colorado Beat the Brakes off of Nebraska a month before UM did...Nebraska shouldn't have even been in the game....
This is true....and i will add if the gaytors had beat tennessee and lsu in the sec champ game, we would have played them instead and destroyed them.

I like Dallas. He’s just not in the same class as Lingard. Dallas didn’t impress me much last season. He fumbled or went out of bounds early on just as many plays when he broke tackles. He didn’t use the extra weight to his advantage. That’s probably more on bad coaching that it was is on him.
The same could be said for Homer. He looked good running over people but fumbled and looked slower in the open field. Homer looked more than a 4.6-4.7 guy than the 4.4 guy he is in several games. My conclusion is that conditioning was non-existent for the offense last season. So yes, Dallas, should be better this season than last. That doesn’t mean he should be playing over a healthy Lo or Cam.

His weight is certainly a concern. Plus he's a fumbling machine.
I'd like to see him in an all-purpose role (RB/WR/QB).
It would open up more touches for Harris & Lingard and thin out the herd at WR.

You're all sleeping on Dallas. He's going to have a breakout year this year. Last season, he was trying to do too much, to make plays out of thin air because his ****** QBs and OL were crumbling. Enos is going to correct those problems, and Dallas' fumble problems will magically disappear.

You're all sleeping on Dallas. He's going to have a breakout year this year. Last season, he was trying to do too much, to make plays out of thin air because his ****** QBs and OL were crumbling. Enos is going to correct those problems, and Dallas' fumble problems will magically disappear.
We will see but that’s only part of the problem. He’s not as physically gifted to be the main back on this team over both cam or lingard if both are healthy either. But he can be a valuable weapon(not as the starter rb) but used all over the field and getting him carries as well as involved in the passing game with various formations

Advertisement
Back