Lorenzo Lingard

Overconfident in the chit wasn’t working. U can’t just have a plan A; u gotta make adjustments. Those adjustments never came and Bama had their ears pinned back.
Bama completely dismantled us in that game. They kicked our ***. I accept it. This was no Ohio St '02 that will burn my *** until I die. Those adjustments weren't made because we didn't make adjustments for years because we didn't have to. Nobody saw Bama doing anything making it neccesary to change that leading up to it. They were a dead program for a decade before that year and we won what 32 or so in a row before it right? C'mon man we were just overconfident and got outcoached and outplayed. I'll never remember **** near crying in my parents' basement watching it. A few tweeks on offense weren't saving anything. They physically kicked our ****s in and ran all over us. And my 2nd favorite Cane ever Gino **** the ******* bed. Stallings completely and utterly outcoached us in every way, including their offense against our D.

Advertisement
Bama completely dismantled us in that game. They kicked our ***. I accept it. This was no Ohio St '02 that will burn my *** until I die. Those adjustments weren't made because we didn't make adjustments for years because we didn't have to. Nobody saw Bama doing anything making it neccesary to change that leading up to it. They were a dead program for a decade before that year and we won what 32 or so in a row before it right? C'mon man we were just overconfident and got outcoached and outplayed. I'll never remember **** near crying in my parents' basement watching it. A few tweeks on offense weren't saving anything. They physically kicked our ****s in and ran all over us. And my 2nd favorite Cane ever Gino **** the ******* bed. Stallings completely and utterly outcoached us in every way, including their offense against our D.
Nothing to do with it being a Terrible Game Plan....not having to do it for 4yrs is no excuse...

Advertisement
I was at Camping World with my Son when it happened...Field was F-ing Deplorable....I even got into a Heated argument with Steve Hogan (On Citrus Bowl committee) a week later, in ref to field conditions...

I was at the stadium as well that day. The comments from fans was that you could see clumps of the field come up on every play.

Crazy how fast our fans hopped on the Harris bandwagon. Harris is a NFL talent but Lo is still the best back in our RB room. Our fans just have a severe case of recency bias. I haven't forgot though, this kid is the truth. He needs to not run so upright, but still, he's the truth. Reminds me of a young D Mac whe he was at Arkansas.

Guys are on the Harris bandwagon because Harris showed his potential last year while Lo wasn't able to get on the field much and then got injured; we have nothing to go off of with Lingard's injury.

Advertisement
Bias? Cam has played more due to Lingard being injured. No way for us to hype him up if he's coming off an injury and hasn't had any serious playing time when the other 2 RBs infront of him has been successful already. You're projecting him to be best based on his high school performance while everyone else is making a comparison of college. If we did high school, pre-injury Burns is the best RB on the roster. But he hasn't been the same since his injury, and we only hope that Lingawwd comes back healthy and playing like he's unbothered by the chance of reaggravating it.
No I'm projecting him to be the best based of his skill set and what little I seen him do in college.

It is recency bias bc had it not been for Lo's injury he would be in a lot more RBs. discussions. People are quick to forget that Lo was taking reps in front of Harris before his injury.

if I recall isn’t lo regarded as the fastest on the team? If that’s true then he’s faster than redwine and homer. So at the very least lo is a 4.4 flat or better. He didn’t tear his acl so I doubt he slower.
Jhavonte Dean was regarded as the fastest on the team last yr and he ran 4.30 at pro day. I doubt Lo is sub 4.30

exactly. he did alot of shuffling to go nowhere.

as far as Lo being the best rb in the room? he might be the fastest, he has alot to learn to become a complete RB.
Yet, he's the consensus 5 star coming out of HS. Some serious flaws in those ratings.

Advertisement
No I'm projecting him to be the best based of his skill set and what little I seen him do in college.

It is recency bias bc had it not been for Lo's injury he would be in a lot more RBs. discussions. People are quick to forget that Lo was taking reps in front of Harris before his injury.

I literally said in my post that Cam played more due to Lingard being injured. It is a fact that not only do we have a larger sample size for Cam, but his carries came against conference competition in clutch moments. Lingard did great and had more reps when he was healthy but against lesser competition, and its not like he did anything crazy. You talking like dude was **** near Duke Johnson in his first few games (135 yards 2td rushing against BC in game 1 as a freshman). Hes shown the speed to be special but he hasn't had the opportunity to show what he can do against better competition. I think its fair to assume that Cam will have a great year. Even if Lingard does come back and make All-Conference it's not like Cam going to finish the year with 40 carries.

Like...I really dont know why this is even an argument. Here you go again trying to play favorites with a position, one where they can both eat at that. Us buying stock in Harris and proclaiming how good he'll be does not equate to us saying Lingard or Dallas will be side kicks to him.

Bias? Cam has played more due to Lingard being injured. No way for us to hype him up if he's coming off an injury and hasn't had any serious playing time when the other 2 RBs infront of him has been successful already. You're projecting him to be best based on his high school performance while everyone else is making a comparison of college. If we did high school, pre-injury Burns is the best RB on the roster. But he hasn't been the same since his injury, and we only hope that Lingawwd comes back healthy and playing like he's unbothered by the chance of reaggravating it.

11 carries for 30 yds.

That's the difference between Lingard & Cam's Freshman year rushing stats.

IMO - Saying Lingard or Cam should start is just as much of a projection as saying Tate or Jarren Williams should start over N'Kosi Perry.

11 carries for 30 yds.

That's the difference between Lingard & Cam's Freshman year rushing stats.

IMO - Saying Lingard or Cam should start is just as much of a projection as saying Tate or Jarren Williams should start over N'Kosi Perry.

Bruh... you did not just compare the stats when Lingard got literally all his carries against Toledo, FIU, and Savannah St, while most of Harris stats are against ACC comp. But regardless, no, the starting QB argument is not the same as the starting RB argument. 1 QB plays, while 2-3 RB's can get touches...which makes this argument completely pointless.

Advertisement
Bruh... you did not just compare the stats when Lingard got literally all his carries against Toledo, FIU, and Savannah St, while most of Harris stats are against ACC comp. But regardless, no, the starting QB argument is not the same as the starting RB argument. 1 QB plays, while 2-3 RB's can get touches...which makes this argument completely pointless.

And against Toledo/FIU/Sav St:

Lingard - 17 for 136, 8.0 ypc, 2TD's
Cam - 6 for 27, 4.5 ypc, 0 TD's

Now - maybe Cam equals Lo's stats in those game if he's given more carries. But that's projecting. We know that Lo was better when they both played in the same games.

And maybe if Lo stayed healthy, he'd have been as good as Cam vs GT & VT. But that's projecting. We know that Cam was awesome in those games. We also know he wasn't good in the next 2 vs. Pitt & Wisconsin (that part is always conveniently left out).

I'm the last person you have to convince to put more weight on performance vs. stronger opponents. And we've seen the good & bad with Cam there, where we haven't seen Lingard at all. I totally get people projecting Cam to be great - but it's still projecting at this point.

I agree - both are good and will get their share of carries. Who will be better is a conversation based on projection.

And against Toledo/FIU/Sav St:

Lingard - 17 for 136, 8.0 ypc, 2TD's
Cam - 6 for 27, 4.5 ypc, 0 TD's

Now - maybe Cam equals Lo's stats in those game if he's given more carries. But that's projecting. We know that Lo was better when they both played in the same games.

And maybe if Lo stayed healthy, he'd have been as good as Cam vs GT & VT. But that's projecting. We know that Cam was awesome in those games. We also know he wasn't good in the next 2 vs. Pitt & Wisconsin (that part is always conveniently left out).

I'm the last person you have to convince to put more weight on performance vs. stronger opponents. And we've seen the good & bad with Cam there, where we haven't seen Lingard at all. I totally get people projecting Cam to be great - but it's still projecting at this point.

I agree - both are good and will get their share of carries. Who will be better is a conversation based on projection.

Except this is the only thing that matters. I'm not saying Cam is better, I'm saying you can't say Lo is better "based off what he did early in the season" when he did that against bad comp with more chances. I'm also saying that it doesn't matter who is better, because getting on the Cam bandwagon doesn't equate to saying he's the best running back on the team. DRev started this "we have a bias towards Cam and think he will outperform Lingard" nonsense.

Also, Cam's performance at Pitt is one thing, Cam's performance against Wisconsin is left out because not only did the whole team **** the bed, but he had 1 carry.

Look at Mcgahee's Stats in 02....Show me a RB with similar Stats that didn't Win a Heisman??....Ridiculous is too nice of a Word....28 TDs...1,800yds...but give it to a QB who's team didnt even get to the NC.....smfh

Problem was two fold. Larry Johnson had over 2,000 yards rushing and while Willis came in 4th, Ken came in 5th. They cancelled each other out. The biggest joke was Brad Banks coming in 2nd. Willis was the best player in the nation.

Advertisement
Back