Lorenzo Lingard

Advertisement
What has deejay proven?
View attachment 86285
It's not the smartest move to go off of stats. No one was going to be consistent with the play calling and OL play we had last year. If you watch the player you see someone who got tough yards and found ways to make negative runs turn into positives. I think the only valid issues with Deejay is he sometimes tries to bounce to the outside too often and he doesn't have great explosiveness but he does everything else well and I think you guys have to take pass blocking into account way more

He averaged 6 ypc..also the most reliable at the moment heading into a big game....
I don’t think he should be handed anything in terms of automatically being assumed as the starting rb with the caliber of the other backs on the roster. Especially with how he ended the season poorly period in games 5-13. Would love for him to prove me wrong but I’m in wait and see mode with Dallas

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t think he should be handed anything in terms of automatically being assumed as the starting rb with the caliber of the other backs on the roster. Especially with how he ended the season poorly period in games 5-13. Would love for him to prove me wrong but I’m in wait and see mode with Dallas
it's a wait and see situation with all 3 period...right now DeeJay is the most reliable to start...that doesn't mean Cam and Lo won't eventually move past him...If Cam and Lo are as good as advertised....I can see our rotation similar to UGA a few years ago....3 capable backs with different styles...

Totally valid point that Dallas didn't finish strong. IMO - Deejay's slow finish isn't indicative of who he is, just like Homer's slow start last year wasn't for him.

I think Dallas is being a bit discounted, while the Cam hype train might be moving a bit too fast. But I understand the excitement around Cam.

Example - Look at the 2nd Spring Scrimmage:

Dallas - 13 - 108 yds, 8.3 ypc, 3 TD's
Cam - 10 - 61 yds, 6.1 ypc, 0 TD's

Cam had the 2 most exciting runs of the scrimmage, so all the buzz was around Cam afterwards, even though Dallas had the better day.

I agree Deejay shouldn't be handed the starting RB spot. But I also think Dallas is showing enough to earn that spot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why risk anything in the spring? What’s more important the spring or the season,

That’s not my point. My point is his knee injury is/was severe if he has missed this much time which, naturally, makes me (and others) speculate what he suffered.

Meaningless Speculation and nothing more. He’s running without a brace already

7 months of no contact is meaningless speculation? Really? Get your Golden slurping *** out of my face.

7 months of no contact is meaningless speculation? Really?
Even with something like a mcl injury there’s no point in rushing back for something like going through the grind of spring ball especially from an injury that occurred near the end of October which would leave a recovery time of only 4-5 months. He had crutches what all the way through January or February? He’s got to strengthen whatever was loss in the injury to get in “football shape” anyway which takes time. That’s a small recovery Time all together , and what’s wrong with taking precautions. Time and time again you see kids come back too early only to get reinjured like zamir white last year for uga.

Advertisement
Lo is fine. His rehab was set up the way it was for a reason. Reason being is that he’s a gym rat & they didn’t want him to push his limits when he wasn’t ready. He’s running, cutting, in the sand-pit, & will be 100% full go come August 24 !!!
Glad to hear it! Can't wait to see him in action!

Lo is fine. His rehab was set up the way it was for a reason. Reason being is that he’s a gym rat & they didn’t want him to push his limits when he wasn’t ready. He’s running, cutting, in the sand-pit, & will be 100% full go come August 24 !!!

This is fantastic news.

Here’s to Lo shredding that **** defense.

Advertisement
Back