Lorenzo Lingard

Advertisement
Exactly....I know Erickson was innovative...but was also Stubborn...How tf do you only have one offensive scheme...Knowing what your going up against a month in advance??..smh....
Erickson tried a two-back when he had Donnell Bennett, Larry Jones (I think) and James Stewart. Not comfortable with it and switched back. Said he wanted to go with what he knew Don't blame him.

Erickson tried a two-back when he had Donnell Bennett, Larry Jones (I think) and James Stewart. Not comfortable with it and switched back. Said he wanted to go with what he knew Don't blame him.
Better to have the One back to be Conley, at 160lbs Soaking Wet??...or the So - called "No Back"...as Conley split out Wide, leaving a QB that was a sloth running, and Curry & Copeland against our OL??

Advertisement
Bama completely dismantled us in that game. They kicked our ***. I accept it. This was no Ohio St '02 that will burn my *** until I die. Those adjustments weren't made because we didn't make adjustments for years because we didn't have to. Nobody saw Bama doing anything making it neccesary to change that leading up to it. They were a dead program for a decade before that year and we won what 32 or so in a row before it right? C'mon man we were just overconfident and got outcoached and outplayed. I'll never remember **** near crying in my parents' basement watching it. A few tweeks on offense weren't saving anything. They physically kicked our ****s in and ran all over us. And my 2nd favorite Cane ever Gino **** the ******* bed. Stallings completely and utterly outcoached us in every way, including their offense against our D.
Mario Cristobal was manhandled and had to be replaced by a pre-Putin* Russian, Zev Lumelski. Couldn't believe it when Cristobal ended up at Bama under the Putin-era Saban.

*Zev had nothing to do with the Putin-Saban collusion.

Better to have the One back to be Conley, at 160lbs Soaking Wet??...or the So - called "No Back"...as Conley split out Wide, leaving a QB that was a sloth running, and Curry & Copeland against our OL??
Our OT play was probably so bad that adding Conley wouldn't have helped. Copeland or Curry could've blown through the two of them. Who did we have at RB who could've helped block their DEs?

Erickson no doubt felt that splitting Conley out wide would create a mismatch and enable Toretta to quickly hit a hot receiver. That was the theory of Erickson's three-back and Erickson no doubt felt he could create an additional mismatch by splitting out Conley.

Obviously, it didn't work. I heard that they do badly rattled Gino that he was ineffective.

Same think that Sandusky and Paterno did to Testaverde in '87 Fiesta Bowl.

I'm not defending Erickson's preparation and strategy in that game. It was miserable. I wish I could have my money back for my trip for that game.

Our OT play was probably so bad that adding Conley wouldn't have helped. Copeland or Curry could've blown through the two of them. Who did we have at RB who could've helped block their DEs?

Erickson no doubt felt that splitting Conley out wide would create a mismatch and enable Toretta to quickly hit a hot receiver. That was the theory of Erickson's three-back and Erickson no doubt felt he could create an additional mismatch by splitting out Conley.

Obviously, it didn't work. I heard that they do badly rattled Gino that he was ineffective.

I'm not defending Erickson's preparation and strategy in that game. It was miserable. I wish I could have my money back for my trip for that game.
Conley played....

Advertisement
It was a TERRIBLE Blunder to go into that Bama NC game, knowing for a full month ahead how Good their DL was....and how sorry your OL is, and could only muster up only one Off game plan?...which played right into their hands...

A former player (will remain nameless) shared with me the amount of partying that occurred going into that game. Wouldn’t have mattered what we ran that day.
I heard that before several of our biggest bowl games. I remember the limousine driver who drove me to the hotel before the Fiesta Bowl in '87. He told me he had picked up a few UM players early in the morning, hitch-hiking back after all night partying.

I heard a similar story when I traveled to another national championship bowl game, probably that '83 Sugar Bowl.

I suspect discipline was always lax on a lot of those teams.

Conley played....
I meant adding Conley to help the OTs by doubling the DEs. I think Erickson and staff were severely outcoached. And our guys were severely outplayed. What their offense did to shred our defense was just as bad.

I never really liked a tiny 170 lb. single RB if you're going to run a single back.

When DE developed the one-back at WSU Terry Donahue described it as the "best conceived offense in the Pac-10." The year before Erickson came to UM he had a highly-effective passing attack with Timm Rosenbach and two 1000 yard rushers.

Obviously, any scheme can be defeated. In that game Stallings and staff did a great job of preparing and they might have had a better team anyway.

Same thing with the 2002 Ohio State team. Yes, we were robbed. But we should not have been in that position. We were out-hit by a more physical team

Van Siclen Avenue in East New York. For those who don't know East New York is in Brooklyn. Once Italian, it's now mostly Black, I think. I think his mon might still live there.
My father’s father was from East New York. Went to school with half of Murder, Inc., apparently.

Advertisement
I meant adding Conley to help the OTs by doubling the DEs. I think Erickson and staff were severely outcoached. And our guys were severely outplayed. What their offense did to shred our defense was just as bad.

I never really liked a tiny 170 lb. single RB if you're going to run a single back.

When DE developed the one-back at WSU Terry Donahue described it as the "best conceived offense in the Pac-10." The year before Erickson came to UM he had a highly-effective passing attack with Timm Rosenbach and two 1000 yard rushers.

Obviously, any scheme can be defeated. In that game Stallings and staff did a great job of preparing and they might have had a better team anyway.

Same thing with the 2002 Ohio State team. Yes, we were robbed. But we should not have been in that position. We were out-hit by a more physical team

Ohio state played us physical, no doubt.

Didn’t back down, just made too many mistakes turning the ball over.

When the other team is playing the game of their life, you can’t give them confidence and energy with free possessions.

My mother was LC’s mentor, different kind of athlete than these kids now; his instincts were on another level.
He was small by today’s standards but apples and oranges.
Odell use to talk **** about knocking him out on a punt return in high school but Miami consistently whooped that ***.
I always won those debates.

Advertisement

Vinny wasnt rattled in that game...

Advertisement
Back