Lorenzo Lingard

Advertisement
Looks like he’s put on some good size. I’ve always viewed Lo as a Todd Gurley type of back. Would love to see him playing at about 225 lbs

100% agree! He is a 1 cut get downfield in hurry back! not to say he cant make somebody miss, but he style reminds me of Gurley and id like to see him continue to add some weight with his frame it wont be a problem and he wont lose any athleticism.

100% agree! He is a 1 cut get downfield in hurry back! not to say he cant make somebody miss, but he style reminds me of Gurley and id like to see him continue to add some weight with his frame it wont be a problem and he wont lose any athleticism.
Gurley is a great comparison for him. Same track times, similar size and both played in a wing T offense in highschool. Richt is one of the best rb recruiters the college game has seen and he made lingard his number 1 priority for a number of years. He rarely misses at rb especially with his latest crop

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who was the canesport report from, or what was the source? What person?

Shodell. Absolutely clueless. Lo posted a video over a month ago of him running and cutting with a trainer pulling him backwards (or trying to) with bungee cords. He's fine. They may want to limit the contact he takes on the knee, but he's fine.

Also, I would absolutely love to know what the injury was. I said on here a bunch how ridiculous I thought it was that they were so secretive over it, but Tweed said it wasn't an ACL. So I was relieved. But we're 10 months out...if he's not 100% yet, and it wasn't an ACL, what the **** could it have been?

...and it wasn't an ACL, what the **** could it have been?

The knee has several other ligaments and structures. MCL, LCL, OCL..there’s a kneecap, meniscus, etc etc. you can suffer a severe knee injury without damaging the ACL. Happens all the time.

I don’t know why people think or get the idea that if it’s not an ACL, it must not be serious. That’s just nonsense.

I don’t know what type of knee injury he has and I really don’t care. That’s between him and his doctor.

I do agree Shodell is clueless, though.

Advertisement
The knee has several other ligaments and structures. I don’t know why people think or get the idea that if it’s not an ACL, it must not be serious. That’s just nonsense.

I don’t know what type of knee injury he has and I really don’t care. That’s between him and his doctor.

MCL, LCL, OCL..there’s a kneecap, meniscus, etc etc. you can suffer a severe knee injury without damaging the ACL. Happens all the time.

I'm fully aware of the anatomy of the knee. Thanks.

Also, all of the ligaments you mentioned plus a meniscus do not take a year to heal. An ACL does. And no one said "it must not be serious". He's a college athlete in the prime of his life, any ligament tear in a knee is serious. But all of them, outside of your ACL, heal in considerably less time than a year. So I was curious as to what the injury was.

I'm fully aware of the anatomy of the knee. Thanks.

Also, all of the ligaments you mentioned plus a meniscus do not take a year to heal. An ACL does. And no one said "it must not be serious". He's a college athlete in the prime of his life, any ligament tear in a knee is serious. But all of them, outside of your ACL, heal in considerably less time than a year. So I was curious as to what the injury was.

Should be PCL not OCL (typo on my post)...And depending on the severity of the injury and number of ligaments involved, cartilage involvement, severity of tear/sprain, etc, it can certainly take a year or longer to get fully healed on non-ACL injuries.

The assertion that if it’s not ACL it’s not that serious and should take less than a year to fully heal is just not medically correct. It might be true for the average Joe, but not for a tip top athlete. Healed for me means a different thing than healed for an athlete.

Yes I realize at the most common severe knee injuries involving ligaments, usually involve the ACL, but it’s not anywhere near 100%. The others are around 20%, 30% something like that, I don’t have the numbers in front of me.

I’m not saying I know what happened to him, I have no idea what kind of injury he has.

Advertisement
Lingard is too much of a talent to rush him back before he’s ready or to overload him early on with all the other capable backs we have.

We need to ease him back in and make sure his ceiling isn’t stunted by being shortsighted.

I think cam and deejay can carry the load against Uf. They are dirty cheap shooting mfers. I’d rather see Zo get a couple extra weeks to acclimate before his return than expose him to those pieces of garbage.

Advertisement
Back