Looks like The staff finally had the light go on.....

stoop, T Rob and Jess Simpson I´m sure have a lot to do with it.
Bingo....this is the result of bringing in guys that think different than you (CMD) and have gone toe to toe with the SEC heavyweights. Shoop being that eye in the sky for CMD, who BTW is already an ELITE DC by most standards based on the numbers, is going to add tremendous value to our DEF.

Advertisement
Didn't we hear this last yr?
Lol if we're being fair, Flagg did basically start stealing big minutes from Jennings and McCloud after the Clemson game...plus Sam Brooks was hurt most of the year....and Flagg was a true freshman playing the most difficult position on the defense, captain of the DEF.

Then on OFF, I really believe he trusts Lashlee to do the team right, as long as we're scoring CMD doesn't care if it's Freshmen or Seniors....

The 2021 class is also significantly more talented than the 2020 class, at least IMO...2020 class hung in there after what many have described as the worse season in a decade plus....then you add in C19 which canceled spring/summer plus significantly altered fall camp with guys in and out from c19 protocols......without any of that I think we see a little more pressure on our older kids and I absolutely think that the Upperclassmen have fire lit under their tails now with the 2020 kids 1 year older/stronger and the 2021 kids coming in hungry surrounded by high level former SEC/NFL coaches (Shoop-TRob-Simpson).

Holley just left/transferred out and we all know he came due to the Simpson ties at Buford....IMO that says a lot and echoes the idea that age isn't going to be the determining factor for PT.

Makes sense but Ray flashed as a freshmen. I can’t recall who was in front of Ray but the guy was hurt really early in the season and all 195 lbs of Ray Lewis stepped in at MLB and started making plays from sideline to sideline. He was already fast and smart. And once Ray added size he was a First round pick after just 3 years.
I like Flagg but think he is more of a 4th or 5th linebacker who would historically fight to start by his junior/senior year. We’re so weak at the position. Not Flagg’s fault and I love him for taking advantage of his opportunity. I just don‘t see a playmaker in him.
His name was Robert Bass

Ray Lewis started from game 2 of his true frosh year. The minute he walked on greentree he was who he was. I think it was burgess who got injured game 1. But Lewis was dominant from the get go. As you’d expect from the GOAT defensive player.

Robert Bass was the starter, then he got injured in the 2nd game that season vs Vatech. Ray actually got a bit of mop up time at the season opener vs BC(I was at that game, lol). And I still remember he came in so late to UM that he's not even in that seasons (1993) media guide

First game that Ray started was the third game at Boulder vs a stacked Colorado offense, and he put up a monster game. You just knew this guy had 'it'. Bass became the Wally Pipp of UM football. IIRC, it was James Burgess who was the most highly rated 'backer recruit of that cycle

Advertisement
Makes sense but Ray flashed as a freshmen. I can’t recall who was in front of Ray but the guy was hurt really early in the season and all 195 lbs of Ray Lewis stepped in at MLB and started making plays from sideline to sideline. He was already fast and smart. And once Ray added size he was a First round pick after just 3 years.
I like Flagg but think he is more of a 4th or 5th linebacker who would historically fight to start by his junior/senior year. We’re so weak at the position. Not Flagg’s fault and I love him for taking advantage of his opportunity. I just don‘t see a playmaker in him.
What do you think of TAC and Brooks?

Advertisement
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF
Exactly!!!! I saw way too much McCloud last season to believe that ****!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back