Looks like The staff finally had the light go on.....

Advertisement
Didn't we hear this last yr?
No, I don't think so. But then again I have trouble remembering
Cam lost his starting spot multiple times last year and y’all think he’s starting? If Chaney’s shoulder is good to go he’s RB1 easy
Not easy at all. Especially if you gotta use if, to prove your point. Right now, It's Cam's job to lose! Having Cam & Don as a one two punch in that order is a great problem to have and don't count out Da Rooster. He may even throw his name in the hat as the surprise RB1 come game 1. Ya just never know! I'm good with any of those 3 getting the starting nod at this point. Let's roll!!

Go Canes!!!

You don't Flagg is a set starter at LB? Would imagine we'd see a lot of different faces besides him. There are a lot of pretty athletic, talented players in the LB room, staff has a lot to work w/. Same situation w/ safety. Plus extra spot at CB, w/ Blades working his way back, depending on how Ivey does
I see Flagg as a starter. I’m just not sure he should be starting as a sophmore at UM. I just don’t think that position is very talented relative to UM standards and compared to other position groups at UM right now.

Cam lost his starting spot multiple times last year and y’all think he’s starting? If Chaney’s shoulder is good to go he’s RB1 easy
Cam was pretty good last year and its hard to imagine him returning and not starting. but I agree that Chaney is the most talented of the bunch if healthy.

Advertisement
Translated:

So for all the folks who deny the reluctanfe to play younger guys in years past, what explains this thread OP?

Reluctanfe?

Are you writing in ye olde English now?

37C01AA1-9BA4-4410-82F4-8A96695BA73C.jpeg

The WR room is no longer three guys and a bunch of true freshman who never had a college spring. It’s really not a shock that more guys will have chances this year. The real question is: If Restrepo and Smith see a lot of playing time over Brinson and George is it still because of seniority?

Advertisement
Guess we will see James Williams Chase Smith and Leonard Taylor in the starting line up then.
Yes, because you are going to trot out a true freshman who put on 40 pounds in 9 months against the best offensive line talent in the FBS. Can you give the kid more than 2 months to work on his technique. All 3 kids are going to play and all 3 will continue to get reps as the season progresses. Too much athleticism not to see the field early.

One thing for sure. Special teams are about YOUNG talent and we finally have it. Our coverage teams should be much better. I also think we will be much improved in the return game.

Advertisement
Huge red flag if true. This means that the staff was wittingly favoring older players the past 2 seasons.

I see Flagg as a starter. I’m just not sure he should be starting as a sophmore at UM. I just don’t think that position is very talented relative to UM standards and compared to other position groups at UM right now.
I hear you. But to be fair, I don't think anyone knew Ray Lewis would be "Ray Lewis" until he turned into THE Ray Lewis... If that makes any sense :unsure:

Advertisement
I hear you. But to be fair, I don't think anyone knew Ray Lewis would be "Ray Lewis" until he turned into THE Ray Lewis... If that makes any sense :unsure:
Makes sense but Ray flashed as a freshmen. I can’t recall who was in front of Ray but the guy was hurt really early in the season and all 195 lbs of Ray Lewis stepped in at MLB and started making plays from sideline to sideline. He was already fast and smart. And once Ray added size he was a First round pick after just 3 years.
I like Flagg but think he is more of a 4th or 5th linebacker who would historically fight to start by his junior/senior year. We’re so weak at the position. Not Flagg’s fault and I love him for taking advantage of his opportunity. I just don‘t see a playmaker in him.

Makes sense but Ray flashed as a freshmen. I can’t recall who was in front of Ray but the guy was hurt really early in the season and all 195 lbs of Ray Lewis stepped in at MLB and started making plays from sideline to sideline. He was already fast and smart. And once Ray added size he was a First round pick after just 3 years.
I like Flagg but think he is more of a 4th or 5th linebacker who would historically fight to start by his junior/senior year. We’re so weak at the position. Not Flagg’s fault and I love him for taking advantage of his opportunity. I just don‘t see a playmaker in him.
Ray Lewis started from game 2 of his true frosh year. The minute he walked on greentree he was who he was. I think it was burgess who got injured game 1. But Lewis was dominant from the get go. As you’d expect from the GOAT defensive player.

Advertisement
Back