Looks like Thad says he’s locked in! (New article)

Kids been shaky he not going to be in this class imo
Yea we got a lot of bias fans here man lol...we both know this kinda recruitment is usually deja vu....we are going to mess around and miss out on Amari waiting cuz he doesn't want to compete...
LOL. They can be high on whomever they have. Their whole offense is void of talent and rb is no different. The few short clips ive seen of their practices i dont see a rb of theirs cracking our 2 deep. Franklin is better than all of them and he has to ask to go use the bathroom in school still
Here's another clip if he's better than this kid right now....he shouldn't be scared of anybody...

Advertisement
Yea we got a lot of bias fans here man lol...we both know this kinda recruitment is usually deja vu....we are going to mess around and miss out on Amari waiting cuz he doesn't want to compete...

Here's another clip if he's better than this kid right now....he shouldn't be scared of anybody...

I think we still get Amari eventually....hard to see a kid like that leave or even picture it

I think we still get Amari eventually....hard to see a kid like that leave or even picture it
Thad said if Cam stays or if we take another back hes going to do what's best for him to get early PT....sounds like he could possibly flip anyway... cuz why would he be scared of another freshman back? FSU is going land one of those 4* backs too...they also have Corbin and a few other good backs imo...if we wait it out he could still flip and we lose out on Amari trying to please him...everytime we do that $hi+ our staff get phucked!

Advertisement

lol you really dont know the talent level of the rbs we currently have to be champaigning some bum with 2 career tds. There's a reason FSU is trying to get Franklin he is easily better than what they currently have. There's a reason he is NOW talking about depth and pt ....they are selling him on that because they have.....BUMS there at the position.

He can play anywhere and **** no he ain’t scared of Daniels or Burns. Cam is gone and he’ll have plenty of playing time. This news comes out and he’s just advertising himself considering the end of the dead period.
That comment he made ain’t got nothing to do with him wanting FSU as much as letting others people know he can still be recruited. All the while he keeps trying to keep Miami coaches calm that he’s “solid”.
You don’t think uga or Clemson or even the gates see that article and aren’t calling him? Anybody here saying he isn’t that talented is just blind.
Regardless he needs to be in this class.

There is a clear difference between looking at depth charts to see what's in front of you and being afraid of competition. He's clearly stated what he's looking for, isn't asking to have anything handed to him, and would like some playing time if he can get the play book down.

lol you really dont know the talent level of the rbs we currently have to be champaigning some bum with 2 career tds. There's a reason FSU is trying to get Franklin he is easily better than what they currently have. There's a reason he is NOW talking about depth and pt ....they are selling him on that because they have.....BUMS there at the position.
Slow down there bro....i didn't say they had better backs....I'm not campaigning just know he started the first two games at TAM before his injury...led all SEC freshman in all purpose yards ..you think he's a bum that's your opinion...

Advertisement
This kid is getting some bad advice if he wants to be a pro. He's already had a lot of tread taken off his tires in Chaminade's offense. I wouldn't be looking to lose more before the draft by being a 300 carry a year back for 3 seasons at FSU behind a terrible Oline.

My thing is.

Our offense has been dog**** ****ed boring for so long we throw up points this year a lot of this nonsense dies down. I mean ZERO points against La Tech.

ZERO
That’s what happens when you have a dumbass on the sideline and behind center running things

After some prodding by posters on the 247site , Ivins reached out to Thad last night and asked him pretty straight up what was going on. Taking into account, kids say all kinds of stuff to different people, here's what he said to Ivins:

- Ivins asked him if he was planning on decommitting - told him he saw a story that he was looking around.

Thad:
"No. I just told a reporter that if [Cam Harris] stays or they take another running back in my class then, I didn't say I'm going to decommit, but I'm just going to try and make the best decision for me so I can play early."

- Ivins asked him why Cam staying would change things:

Thad
"That's him, Don Chaney, Rooster and I think someone else is there too. So it's going to be loaded.'

Ivins asked him if he was afraid of competition

Thad
"Nah. Nah. But like I want to play early and I know it takes time because you got to learn the playbook and stuff, but if the people ahead of me know the playbook better than me then it's hard."

And Ivins reminded everyone that as far as he knows, Thad hasn't ever visited FSU. He also reiterated that Thad told him just last week when Ivins watched him practicing , that he was recruiting Kenyatta Jackson to the Canes.
If you dont know the fcking play book your not getting on a field at any school.

People, these are all business for kids at this level (P5). Every player as good as Franklin believes that he is playing college ball to audition for the NFL. And many want the audition to be as short as possible (3 years) or even shorter (2 years) for Jamarr Chase. As a result, for a player of Franklin's caliber, he looks at UM (and any school) as either helping or hindering his audition. Franklin isn't stupid, he knows that Chaney and Knighton will play ahead of him based on seniority and talent. And he can live with being the number 3 running back because he will still get some carries as a true freshman, which is the beginning of the audition. But he also knows that the number 4 running back get few to no carries and he will look upon that as a wasted year. We don't but that is because we are fans and we want UM to have good running backs for the next 3-5 years. But players don't see themselves in the context of "good running backs for the next 3-5 years"

In short, we are selfish as fans in that we want everyone to come regardless of the depth chart. Players are selfish because the studs want to play early AND leave early. Sometimes those selfish interests come together, and sometimes they don't.
Its no different from your job. If another company offers you more money or a better position, you leave.
If its truly a business decision this is a no brainer. You are literally 1 sprained ankle away from getting a **** ton of carries. Look at last year for an example. There were games where we didnt have Cam or Dallas. Our rb room is still severely depleted.

Advertisement

Corbin is likely gone after this year too. They definitely don’t have one other back on that roster that would scare Thad.

The playmaker and Lamar were ALPHAS who relished the competition and came here to beat it. Maybe Thad will develop that mentality. One would have to be pretty ignorant to go play for the seminholes.

Advertisement
Corbin is likely gone after this year too. They definitely don’t have one other back on that roster that would scare Thad.
If Thads camp is reading this board...I'm sure he won't be scared...talking about campaigning.... y'all solidifying his move even more lol .... I never said he would be scared of anyone on that roster....my point there is comp at just about every p5 school with a pulse....plus they are in it for two other 4* backs that most here talking $hi+ prolly never seen or know $hi+ about... also, don't forget they can hit the portal again for another stud....

Last edited:
Business or not, if you can’t see the field with our depth at RB, next year, then you’re just not good enough.

That being said, I see Harris leaving after this season. Burns is too unreliable. The spot for #3 will be wide open. You’re an injury away from #2 or #1.

Advertisement
Back