Looks like Thad says he’s locked in! (New article)

I’ve seen a lot of dumb 1st round picks based off small game film and paired with great combines

If this is your first year watching football I guess I could see why you would be delusional not to realize that
😂😂😂😂 you mad bro? I don’t care what kind of year he has, he’s a round 3 guy at best

Advertisement
He’ll be the 3rd RB day 1 which means he’ll see the field. He won’t be the work horse but won’t be riding the pine pony all season. Just win and be fun on offense and it won’t be an issue.
always a need for backs. have to have three good game ready backs on a good team.

Advertisement
What y’all don’t get is with the exception of the DB room. No other positional room on this team is depth friendly to TFs. Even our O-line room is starting to shape up, only an elite 4/5 star Lineman would crack PT against Bama in 2021. Expect highly rated kids to continue saying stuff like this. Thats crootin, that’s the price you pay if you want to recruit with the big boys so unless we become an immediate contender tomorrow, we have to keep battling for kids like this and I don’t see it changing for the foreseeable future.

Stupid - He's Micro ******** Himself- Come To Miami & Do Ypur Thing - Have zyour Your 4 Year Experience - He 's A KNUCKLEHEAD - Practical Choice For Him IS CLEARLY MIAMI

Advertisement
He'll get plenty of touches as a true freshmans if Cam goes pro, which seems likely at this point

Factor yall are not considering.

I am a firm believer you recruit a kid and convince him to come until the very end! (Avantae). Especially if he is a baller which Thad is.

However, times indeed have changed. ICs are a valuable commodity and transfer are rampant.

If a kid is telling you before he signs that he needs things promised to him instead of earning it, you're taking a huge risk signing him. Especially when he is not better than two players in the class ahead of him.

Yes he is 3rd RB day 1. He is also 3rd RB year 2, and probably 2nd RB year 3. You think if he's making a fuss already, he's going to wait his turn? He won't.

If he was way better than the two guys ahead of him, then worth the risk. Bit hes not better than Don or Knighton. So you're banking on an injury and not signing someone better in the next class.

Idk....I just don't like that attitude. Earn your spot.

Advertisement
People, these are all business for kids at this level (P5). Every player as good as Franklin believes that he is playing college ball to audition for the NFL. And many want the audition to be as short as possible (3 years) or even shorter (2 years) for Jamarr Chase. As a result, for a player of Franklin's caliber, he looks at UM (and any school) as either helping or hindering his audition. Franklin isn't stupid, he knows that Chaney and Knighton will play ahead of him based on seniority and talent. And he can live with being the number 3 running back because he will still get some carries as a true freshman, which is the beginning of the audition. But he also knows that the number 4 running back get few to no carries and he will look upon that as a wasted year. We don't but that is because we are fans and we want UM to have good running backs for the next 3-5 years. But players don't see themselves in the context of "good running backs for the next 3-5 years"

In short, we are selfish as fans in that we want everyone to come regardless of the depth chart. Players are selfish because the studs want to play early AND leave early. Sometimes those selfish interests come together, and sometimes they don't.
Its no different from your job. If another company offers you more money or a better position, you leave.

Factor yall are not considering.

I am a firm believer you recruit a kid and convince him to come until the very end! (Avantae). Especially if he is a baller which Thad is.

However, times indeed have changed. ICs are a valuable commodity and transfer are rampant.

If a kid is telling you before he signs that he needs things promised to him instead of earning it, you're taking a huge risk signing him. Especially when he is not better than two players in the class ahead of him.

Yes he is 3rd RB day 1. He is also 3rd RB year 2, and probably 2nd RB year 3. You think if he's making a fuss already, he's going to wait his turn? He won't.

If he was way better than the two guys ahead of him, then worth the risk. Bit hes not better than Don or Knighton. So you're banking on an injury and not signing someone better in the next class.

Idk....I just don't like that attitude. Earn your spot.

I’m guessing he won’t be flipping to Bama.

Advertisement
I don't see the problem in what he said. I also don't think it should be crazy for us to guarantee a RB PT as a Frosh, especially when you look at our depth chart. Like Cam'ron SHOULD declare for the draft after this season. Every RB that will legit be drafted should declare early (even if it's only as like a 5th-6th rounder. So if he leaves we'll be left with Knighton, Chaney, and Burns. Who even knows if Burns will stick around after 2 freshman pass him on the depth chart this year. Plus we almost certainly will have injuries at some point.

I really don't see how it's asking too much to get a 3rd-4th string True Frosh RB PT in at least 4 games. **** tbh it doesn't even matter how many games he plays because Miami will never have a RB that will stay 5 years, so preserving a redshirt is pretty pointless at RB. This isn't OL or DL or something that we are guaranteeing PT for. This is RB, which is by far the easiest position on the roster to transition and excel as a true freshman.

Doesn’t fsu have more rbs on their roster than Miami? Although a very talented backfield we only have 3 guys there which is abnormally low let’s be real
It's not a quantity issue, it's a quality issue. FSU could have 12 backs on their roster but right now Franklin is better than any of them. He knows if he goes to UM he's third at best. However, I don't believe he's **** bent on being the workhorse, especially right out the gate. UM just has to promise him he'll get some work as a freshman and he's signing right up. If you're Franklin, you're thinking "I can get some burn as a freshman #3 back and maybe increase my workload sophomore year and have a junior year as the featured back." Being a workhorse in college, especially for more than one season doesn't help your draft stock, it only hurts it. The NFL wants fresh legs, not three or four year starters.

Advertisement
Back