Looks like Thad says he’s locked in! (New article)

Advertisement
Doesn’t fsu have more rbs on their roster than Miami? Although a very talented backfield we only have 3 guys there which is abnormally low let’s be real
I just named them....Corbin, Douglas, Webb, Toafili , Wren and could possibly land 2021 4* Hargrove or 4* Wright. They seem to be high on Corbin and Douglas right now.... freshman 4* Toafili had a great camp....JUCO Webb is a power back....Wren could be fastest on team....they could also hit the portal again....Its hard to believe Thad would just go there and easily take over like some here seem to think...

He's not good enough for early PT . He should go to Iowa, Mich st, or Pitt. He'd be a fit in those type of offenses.

Advertisement
lol Cam Harris is not going to be a Day 1 pick. Day 2 is even pushing it..
I’ve seen a lot of dumb 1st round picks based off small game film and paired with great combines

If this is your first year watching football I guess I could see why you would be delusional not to realize that

After some prodding by posters on the 247site , Ivins reached out to Thad last night and asked him pretty straight up what was going on. Taking into account, kids say all kinds of stuff to different people, here's what he said to Ivins:

- Ivins asked him if he was planning on decommitting - told him he saw a story that he was looking around.

Thad:
"No. I just told a reporter that if [Cam Harris] stays or they take another running back in my class then, I didn't say I'm going to decommit, but I'm just going to try and make the best decision for me so I can play early."

- Ivins asked him why Cam staying would change things:

Thad
"That's him, Don Chaney, Rooster and I think someone else is there too. So it's going to be loaded.'

Ivins asked him if he was afraid of competition

Thad
"Nah. Nah. But like I want to play early and I know it takes time because you got to learn the playbook and stuff, but if the people ahead of me know the playbook better than me then it's hard."

And Ivins reminded everyone that as far as he knows, Thad hasn't ever visited FSU. He also reiterated that Thad told him just last week when Ivins watched him practicing , that he was recruiting Kenyatta Jackson to the Canes.

I can't disagree with him in the thought process at all.

Still, you sell him on certain packages at the very least assuring him he'll see the field in some capacity. Who would you rather have running the ball close to the goal line or in critical short down situations. On paper today, the answer is Thad.

Advertisement
The coaches should just promise him playing time. This offense will go from 60 plays per game to about 90 plays per game...a 50% increase. This is not a big deal. Promise him PT as a true freshman, then keep your promise.

Someone been negative recruiting big time. Next year we will have 2 guys and that’s it.

The problem is we are at the mercy of the kid. We don’t know what Cam is going to do after the year. If Cam leaves this should only help our chances, but Thad will make a decision prior to that.

According to those "in the know" over at Warchant, they believe he will flip if FSU pushes hard for him. I know he just recently shut it down. Any truth to this?

Edit: Thread Title Edited.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1598975893401.jpg
    FB_IMG_1598975893401.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 21
Someone been negative recruiting big time. Next year we will have 2 guys and that’s it.

The problem is we are at the mercy of the kid. We don’t know what Cam is going to do after the year. If Cam leaves this should only help our chances, but Thad will make a decision prior to that.

We will have three if Cam goes. Burns will still be here, not that he'll factor in, but he won't lose eligibility this year.

Advertisement
After some prodding by posters on the 247site , Ivins reached out to Thad last night and asked him pretty straight up what was going on. Taking into account, kids say all kinds of stuff to different people, here's what he said to Ivins:

- Ivins asked him if he was planning on decommitting - told him he saw a story that he was looking around.

Thad:
"No. I just told a reporter that if [Cam Harris] stays or they take another running back in my class then, I didn't say I'm going to decommit, but I'm just going to try and make the best decision for me so I can play early."

- Ivins asked him why Cam staying would change things:

Thad
"That's him, Don Chaney, Rooster and I think someone else is there too. So it's going to be loaded.'

Ivins asked him if he was afraid of competition

Thad
"Nah. Nah. But like I want to play early and I know it takes time because you got to learn the playbook and stuff, but if the people ahead of me know the playbook better than me then it's hard."

And Ivins reminded everyone that as far as he knows, Thad hasn't ever visited FSU. He also reiterated that Thad told him just last week when Ivins watched him practicing , that he was recruiting Kenyatta Jackson to the Canes.

FSU COACHING SETTING THE SEEDS.....

CROOTING 101..

-STAY ON AMARI DANIELS please....because this is gonna be a
image.png

T

There's competition (p5) everywhere you go, especially with the portal. FSU has Corbin, Douglas, Webb, Toafili , Wren and could land 2021 4* Hargrove or 4* Wright. He made the right choice.
He's better than their whole rb core right now going into his sr year at chaminade. He personally know what we got at rb having played down here.

If Thad played CB, I’d care a lot more. Hopefully he sticks.. if he doesn’t then so be it. FSU is a bad choice though. Wisconsin son. Use that big frame for $$$.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back