Looks like Thad says he’s locked in! (New article)

Let’s him see how big baby and Ryan Rodriguez run block and then we can talk. Those two will anchor the interior quite well for years to come

Advertisement
All I got to say is if you want more playing time, just come and compete and win the job, then you will get more playing.

Advertisement
It's not a quantity issue, it's a quality issue. FSU could have 12 backs on their roster but right now Franklin is better than any of them. He knows if he goes to UM he's third at best. However, I don't believe he's **** bent on being the workhorse, especially right out the gate. UM just has to promise him he'll get some work as a freshman and he's signing right up. If you're Franklin, you're thinking "I can get some burn as a freshman #3 back and maybe increase my workload sophomore year and have a junior year as the featured back." Being a workhorse in college, especially for more than one season doesn't help your draft stock, it only hurts it. The NFL wants fresh legs, not three or four year starters.
Have you seen what they got back there?

Last edited:
He's better than their whole rb core right now going into his sr year at chaminade. He personally know what we got at rb having played down here.
Toafili and Corbin? Also, have you seen Douglas? They seem to be high on all three....they say Toafili has been a star in camp...

Advertisement
I can appreciate the kids will to want to play right away, but with how devalued backs get with the more carries they have, youd think he’d be okay with no guaranteed play time as a true freshman. Aside from the fact he needs to compete for carries, thats not a good luck imo if he just bolts because of a stacked room. It’s like that everywhere in America (save Freeshoes). Miles Sanders is the perfect example, backup a workhorse get some burn & then have a breakout year. Become a millionaire on fresh legs. Im not saying he wouldn’t beat out anyone on the roster either, but **** that’s disheartening to hear. We should be preaching RB by committee.

Just need to get that recruiting bonus by promising early playing time, like its NCAA 13. Always seals the deal.

FWIW - Thad Franklin is talented enough to play right away as a true freshman, especially in a backfield without any upperclassmen (Cam Harris is assuredly going pro). We're going to run like 80 plays a game. We got plenty of touches for him.

FSU: Hey, you don't want to go to Miami. They are LOADED with talent!

Recruit: Yeah, they are.

FSU: You don't want to compete with all that. Why should you? If you come to FSU, you will have the job handed to you, because let's face it, we don't have any talent at all.

Recruit: Sign me u.... wait, whaaaat?

Advertisement
What y’all don’t get is with the exception of the DB room. No other positional room on this team is depth friendly to TFs. Even our O-line room is starting to shape up, only an elite 4/5 star Lineman would crack PT against Bama in 2021. Expect highly rated kids to continue saying stuff like this. Thats crootin, that’s the price you pay if you want to recruit with the big boys so unless we become an immediate contender tomorrow, we have to keep battling for kids like this and I don’t see it changing for the foreseeable future.
It's hard to recruit the same area cuz they know eachother....Bama,UGA , OSU , Clemson etc...don't go through this cuz they get kids from everywhere. When we start winning some will wait in line.... also be able to occasionally go OOS to get a stud or two...

Advertisement
But he does know how to say "Would you like to supersize your order".
If he makes an honest living, god bless him. However, it is ridiculous to judge a kid that has to make a decision that he has to live with and will shape his and his family's future. Like others have said, it is enough with the commit, decommit, recommit, shut it down, think through options. But analyzing pros and cons for his job is perfectly well within his rights, and he should do that. I just wish these kids would do that before all of the other steps.

If he makes an honest living, god bless him. However, it is ridiculous to judge a kid that has to make a decision that he has to live with and will shape his and his family's future. Like others have said, it is enough with the commit, decommit, recommit, shut it down, think through options. But analyzing pros and cons for his job is perfectly well within his rights, and he should do that. I just wish these kids would do that before all of the other steps.
I'm wasn't talking about Franklin. I was following up on your comment to the snarky guy who doesn't hire pu$$ies.

Kid is forgetting part of a business decision is not being run into the ground during college so your body is breaking down when you get to the league

Exactly my thoughts, a business decision should be the luxury to sit learn, work on your body for a couple of seasons without losing much tread on your tires.
He has to stay three seasons in college no matter what and only needs one great season to be drafted.
McGahee played basically just one season, hurt his knee and still was a first round pick.

Toafili and Corbin? Also, have you seen Douglas? They seem to be high on all three....they say Toafili has been a star in camp...

LOL. They can be high on whomever they have. Their whole offense is void of talent and rb is no different. The few short clips ive seen of their practices i dont see a rb of theirs cracking our 2 deep. Franklin is better than all of them and he has to ask to go use the bathroom in school still

Advertisement
Back