Looks like Thad says he’s locked in! (New article)

After some prodding by posters on the 247site , Ivins reached out to Thad last night and asked him pretty straight up what was going on. Taking into account, kids say all kinds of stuff to different people, here's what he said to Ivins:

- Ivins asked him if he was planning on decommitting - told him he saw a story that he was looking around.

Thad:
"No. I just told a reporter that if [Cam Harris] stays or they take another running back in my class then, I didn't say I'm going to decommit, but I'm just going to try and make the best decision for me so I can play early."

- Ivins asked him why Cam staying would change things:

Thad
"That's him, Don Chaney, Rooster and I think someone else is there too. So it's going to be loaded.'

Ivins asked him if he was afraid of competition

Thad
"Nah. Nah. But like I want to play early and I know it takes time because you got to learn the playbook and stuff, but if the people ahead of me know the playbook better than me then it's hard."

And Ivins reminded everyone that as far as he knows, Thad hasn't ever visited FSU. He also reiterated that Thad told him just last week when Ivins watched him practicing , that he was recruiting Kenyatta Jackson to the Canes.

Advertisement
FSU negative recruiting I see.

Planting those seeds of doubt.

Thats what desperate losers do.

Be a grown man Thad, you come here and blow past everyone on the depth chart.

Have that mindset you’re coming to Miami because it’s a bigger challenge, and it’s going to make you a better man and Better player.

Hard roads are less traveled. Taking the path of least resistance is not going to make you better. Be great!

I think it’s obvious to everyone this is Cams last season if he (and he should) hits 1k on the season rushing and decent receiving yards. Dude will be a nice day 2 pick and maybe day 1 if he balls out and tests well

not worried at all

Wait till the season starts and he goes for over 250 in one game and you’re going to see all the SEC schools come down here again.

After some prodding by posters on the 247site , Ivins reached out to Thad last night and asked him pretty straight up what was going on. Taking into account, kids say all kinds of stuff to different people, here's what he said to Ivins:

- Ivins asked him if he was planning on decommitting - told him he saw a story that he was looking around.

Thad:
"No. I just told a reporter that if [Cam Harris] stays or they take another running back in my class then, I didn't say I'm going to decommit, but I'm just going to try and make the best decision for me so I can play early."

Thad
"That's him, Don Chaney, Rooster and I think someone else is there too. So it's going to be loaded.'

Thad
"Nah. Nah. But like I want to play early and I know it takes time because you got to learn the playbook and stuff, but if the people ahead of me know the playbook better than me then it's hard."

And Ivins reminded everyone that as far as he knows, Thad hasn't ever visited FSU. He also reiterated that Thad told him just last week when Ivins watched him practicing , that he was recruiting Kenyatta Jackson to the Canes.
That explanation sounds so much better than, "I want guaranteed PT".

Advertisement
I can’t even be mad at this kid , it’s something he really have to think about , some recruits value different things and what it seems like he value is early PT, if cam stays he will have to sit behind cam , rooster and Chaney and have to battle with another freshman if we decide to bring one in another one , and with the fall not counting against eligibility, that throws another problem in there for him , if he got to that trash FSU , he might can go there and be the day 1 starter or at the very least be the second RB , so he have a tough decision.

I don’t have an issue with a kid hedging his bets. He’s a top RB prospect and wants to get playing time. I do have an issue with the “committed/not committed” games. He knows there’s a possibility that Harris doesn’t leave early. He knows Chaney and Knighton will be here. It’s not like there’s been some sudden changes in the RB room. If he wants to come to Miami he’s going to be at minimum 3rd on the depth chart until he beats someone out. This isn’t some shocking new development

He's the best RB in the state, you don't drop him over PT, literally every high caliber prospect wants to play as a TF.

Crootin' 101: When a 4/5-star recruits wants PT, give him PT.

You don't hand over talent to your rivals over something as stupid as a few carries in a game, you guys gotta stop thinking that recruits are like fans, they're not, they're the commodity, therefore the leverage is in their court, especially when you're trying to rebuild a winning program.

Thad would play as TF at any school he signs with, Miami should be no different.

Yall want Elite recruits right? Yall wanna compete with the Big Dogs like Bama, Clemson, LSU, Oh St etc right? Then this is what you have deal with, top tier staffs land these types & still get them in the field even with a stacked Depth chart.

Yall Fold up too quick, crootin' ain't for the weak... If it was easy everybody would do it at a high level.

this is D-1 football. the rules are different here.

so long as it doesn't land you on probation, fired, or in jail, you tell the kid whatever he needs to hear and figure it out later.

If cam stays does he get any burn as a freshman? How can you promise playing time behind 3 good rbs? Unless you sell him on cam leaving regardless of if you know or not.
I would have to go to the way back machine on this one but (and I am fully aware you and everyone else knows this) Frank Gore got carries as a TF correct? We had a ton of great backs on that roster. Willis was a redshirt I think... Then again, I am getting old so this all may be wrong.

Advertisement
T

Thad:

Thad

Thad

There's competition (p5) everywhere you go, especially with the portal. FSU has Corbin, Douglas, Webb, Toafili , Wren and could land 2021 4* Hargrove or 4* Wright. He made the right choice.

Advertisement
I think it’s obvious to everyone this is Cams last season if he (and he should) hits 1k on the season rushing and decent receiving yards. Dude will be a nice day 2 pick and maybe day 1 if he balls out and tests well

not worried at all

lol Cam Harris is not going to be a Day 1 pick. Day 2 is even pushing it..

FSU negative recruiting I see.

Planting those seeds of doubt.

Thats what desperate losers do.

Be a grown man Thad, you come here and blow past everyone on the depth chart.

Have that mindset you’re coming to Miami because it’s a bigger challenge, and it’s going to make you a better man and Better player.

Hard roads are less traveled. Taking the path of least resistance is not going to make you better. Be great!
You see it too, lol.. Thats good work whoever it is, you can tell he is regurgitating their talkin points.. They did such a good job they even got him scared of freakin Robert Burns who hasnt carried a consistent load since maybe his freshman year OF HIGH SCHOOL like SEVEN YEARS AGO! LMAOOOO.. I expect next time for him to mention Michael Parrot being put on scholarship and how that might hold him back also, lulz..

Our coaches just have to show him that he is a big back and his role is there as he can do things our other backs cant. Im not gonna knock the kid for thinking this thru but we need to get on top of this and shut this attempt down.. crazy

Advertisement
If cam stays does he get any burn as a freshman? How can you promise playing time behind 3 good rbs? Unless you sell him on cam leaving regardless of if you know or not.
I think you answered your own question. Sell him on playing time regardless. Also, isn't he a bigger back? Carve him a role as the power back (within Laslee's offense) that complementary to what the others provide.

He's the best RB in the state, you don't drop him over PT, literally every high caliber prospect wants to play as a TF.

Crootin' 101: When a 4/5-star recruits wants PT, give him PT.

You don't hand over talent to your rivals over something as stupid as a few carries in a game, you guys gotta stop thinking that recruits are like fans, they're not, they're the commodity, therefore the leverage is in their court, especially when you're trying to rebuild a winning program.

Thad would play as TF at any school he signs with, Miami should be no different.

Yall want Elite recruits right? Yall wanna compete with the Big Dogs like Bama, Clemson, LSU, Oh St etc right? Then this is what you have deal with, top tier staffs land these types & still get them in the field even with a stacked Depth chart.

Yall Fold up too quick, crootin' ain't for the weak... If it was easy everybody would do it at a high level.
We don’t get to determine the value of elite recruits when we’re not a elite team. The elite recruits control that fella’s. The price of the brick is the brick.. stop talking like fans let’s talk business

Advertisement
Back