Looks like no one wants to coach Sparty

Advertisement
They should call Randy Shannon he would be a great fit. An then fire up that Sparty Green and White bag train.

Go Canes

Advertisement
1581442090435.png

They don't. But if I'm their admin I call Al Golden. He's been through sanctions / cloud of sanctions before. He can croot the midwest, Jersey and maybe Florida/GA (hard maybe). He's been around Patricia who knows defense. Made some NFL connections. You hope he's learned his lesson re the only passive 3-4 ever ran in the world. He can run fatdudefootball in the Big Ten.
Stupid last sentence.

We ran a passive 5-2, essentially the same as Golden's 3-4, until JJ changed it at the halftime of the 1984 Purdue game when we couldn't get to Jim Everitt. He told DE Dallas Cameron to put his hand on the ground and do nothing but rush the passer. That's how and why the fabled JJ attacking defense started at UM.

That old 5-2 was called the Oklahoma defense, or "Okie."

It was the standard defense in college football until the mid-80's, when we revolutionized college football with what Jimmy called an "attacking, forcing" scheme.

They don't. But if I'm their admin I call Al Golden. He's been through sanctions / cloud of sanctions before. He can croot the midwest, Jersey and maybe Florida/GA (hard maybe). He's been around Patricia who knows defense. Made some NFL connections. You hope he's learned his lesson re the only passive 3-4 ever ran in the world. He can run fatdudefootball in the Big Ten.
It's not a crazy idea. I think he'd do just fine in that conference and that part of the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He doesn't. That's the beauty of the internet, you can just make **** up and throw it out there with little to no repercussions.

ST26 is the same BS'er claiming that Avantae's mommy baked him a cake.

Advertisement
Stupid last sentence.

We ran a passive 5-2, essentially the same as Golden's 3-4, until JJ changed it at the halftime of the 1984 Purdue game when we couldn't get to Jim Everitt. He told DE Dallas Cameron to put his hand on the ground and do nothing but rush the passer. That's how and why the fabled JJ attacking defense started at UM.

That old 5-2 was called the Oklahoma defense, or "Okie."

It was the standard defense in college football until the mid-80's, when we revolutionized college football with what Jimmy called an "attacking, forcing" scheme.

Yeah, but...

JJ was FORCED to keep all of Schnellenberger's coaches (and, by default, their schemes).

Yes, JJ changed up everything, but let's not act like he had a lot of choice in the 1984 debacle, whether it's coaches, players, schemes, or anything. ****, UM probably gave JJ a broom closet to work in, with the hope that maybe Schnellenberger would change his mind and come back.

Advertisement
Back