Looks like Manny Diaz has his work cut out for him

Definitely had a bumpy road during the season. I think it’s a fair position to start in.

I also believe that he addressed a lot of issues that caused our problems last year. He needs to have the team ready to play and make better game time decisions this year.

Look at how Dabo Swinney was hired after being a WR coach. His second year Clemson was 6-7 and everyone wanted him fired.

If Manny can get the ship right I think he can start a great run in Miami.
I tend to agree with persons who state facts and are rational in their statements. I agree

Advertisement
Manny is a ****face but he has made more changes after his first year than all the other corches before.

He could've made exactly one firing and it would have been more than the previous 2 combined

I always bring this up because it shows what complete morons we had running the team to not make one willing change. Now Manny might be our worst HC ever but at least you can't blame him for not trying

Advertisement
He could've made exactly one firing and it would have been more than the previous 2 combined

I always bring this up because it shows what complete morons we had running the team to not make one willing change. Now Manny might be our worst HC ever but at least you can't blame him for not trying
Having UM willing to pay for a great replacement sorta made this decision a no brainer.

Having UM willing to pay for a great replacement sorta made this decision a no brainer.

Golden managed to jerk off someone for a contract extension after his 1st year, and you don't think they would pony up if he were to repalce the defensive staff of the worst Miami defense in history?

Golden managed to jerk off someone for a contract extension after his 1st year, and you don't think they would pony up if he were to repalce the defensive staff of the worst Miami defense in history?
Dare to compare the salaries of Dan Enos and anyone on Golden's staff? UM was cheap with Golden and Shannon. Only in the last 4 years have they started to pay competitive salaries. Especially for their golden boy Diaz. Diaz wants a new toy, he gets it.

Yeah, Golden was stubborn as ****, but there's no way he'd have been given a mil a year for an assistant.

I feel like Manny is a little too much a players coach. The dancing **** needs to stop & the chain should be limited to defensive touchdowns only. Rings should be abolished. I’m not saying he has to be a total ****head but a little less sunshine wouldn’t hurt.

Advertisement
The guy at #15 hasn’t coached at all in the ACC. That’s the reason he’s last. Nobody knows what he’ll do. Manny sucks.Everyone knows that,

Love how UL had TWO wins in 2018. TWO wins. TWO.

FUGGING TWO!!!!

And somehow their locker room cancers didn’t keep them from winning SIX MORE GAMES under their new HC IN 2019. But let the homers here tell it - it’s too much to ask Manny to win 4 more games in 2020. Good gawd.

Win the COASTAL or die.

All very true.

But these are different times, there is not that type of patience anywhere.

In addition, while he got boat raced badly, it was generally by good or very good teams. Manny lost to FIU etc etc. I don’t believe he ever had losses that were that bad.

He gets his chance. And it’s this year. He better make the most of it.

The Ed Reed 2 star & look at Dabo arguments have gotta stop. Lol.

U r absolutely right about Dabo;

First: Dabo first full year as coach, he went 9-5 and WON THE ACC ATLANTIC. Lol. Those 5 losses were against #12 GT (twice-once in the Reg season and in the ACCCG) #14 TCU, USCe, and Maryland.

His second yr, they went 6-7. His losses were against #15 Auburn, #16 us, UNC, BC, #17 USCe, and USF in the bowl game.

Third yr: Won 10+ and never looked back.

Worst lost was against Maryland, but again, he still played in the ACCCG in his 1st yr. So yeah, Clemson was a little patient w him.

We went 1-2 against G5 teams
Lost to a 2 win GT team
Lost to a 5 win Duke team
Blew a lead against UNC late in the 4th by giving up a 4th & 17 to a true frosh QB

So pls let’s put the Dabo comparison to rest. Lol.

Advertisement
Temple's finest!

1593614044651.png

Advertisement
They wanted to run Dabo off for years—starting day one when he was a holdover from the Tommy Bowden era.

Even after that 6-7 season, he went 10-4 the next year and got clobbered 70-33 by West Virginia in the Orange Bowl. A year later, 11-2- and it set them up for what was supposed THE year in 2013. Went 11-2, but also got their ****s kicked in 51-14 at home by No. 5 FSU when they were No. 3 and expected to roll.

It was YEARS before Dabo was finally accepted in Clemson—and truth be told, his resume was actually infinitely worse than Diaz's with both were handed head coaching jobs at their respective universities.

Dabo is the exception, not the rule.

How was Brown so ineffective beyond recruiting at Texas and now so respected. His one title defines outlier. QB did it the non-Mack way.

Advertisement
Back