Looks like Manny Diaz has his work cut out for him

No way he can get worser.

Going to 14th, staying at 13th or even staying below the Top 5 would be worse. Because it would mean a continuation of Miami Hurricane football purgatory. Manny needs to be ranked squarely at #5 or better by the end of this season, with him being mentioned for ACC Coach of the Year. Anything less is Coker-Shannon-Golden level given the talent he has surrounding him.

Advertisement
I’m hoping he learned from last year...he gutted the O staff as I wanted so we shall see. I expect a great year but he is ranked as he should be until proven otherwise. Maybe I’m delusional, but with all going on, maybe some delusion is good😂🙌🙌🙌

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look at how Dabo Swinney was hired after being a WR coach. His second year Clemson was 6-7 and everyone wanted him fired.

They wanted to run Dabo off for years—starting day one when he was a holdover from the Tommy Bowden era.

Even after that 6-7 season, he went 10-4 the next year and got clobbered 70-33 by West Virginia in the Orange Bowl. A year later, 11-2- and it set them up for what was supposed THE year in 2013. Went 11-2, but also got their ****s kicked in 51-14 at home by No. 5 FSU when they were No. 3 and expected to roll.

It was YEARS before Dabo was finally accepted in Clemson—and truth be told, his resume was actually infinitely worse than Diaz's with both were handed head coaching jobs at their respective universities.

Last edited:
The big question is how Manny sees this. If he looks at this and is offended at them thinking he's the bottom of the barrel, then he's toast. But if he sees this as an opportunity to come out and rub his balls in their face on the scoreboard, then there's a chance.

tenor (1).gif

You guys have no idea how bad I wish Matt Campbell was our HC. He wouldn’t **** this up.

Advertisement
Ranking is spot on. Manny was given unprecedented support and retained as HC by the AD and BOD after going 6-7 his first season something only given to coaches with winning records for many years. He should be on the hot seat and ranked low. What has he done to warrant a higher ranking?

They wanted to run Dabo off for years—starting day one when he was a holdover from the Tommy Bowden era.

Even after that 6-7 season, he went 10-4 the next year and got clobbered 70-33 by West Virginia in the Orange Bowl. A year later, 11-2- and it set them up for what was supposed THE year in 2013. Went 11-2, but also got their ****s kicked in 51-14 at home by No. 5 FSU when they were No. 3 and expected to roll.

It was YEARS before Dabo was finally accepted in Clemson—and truth be told, his resume was actually infinitely worse than Diaz's with both were handed head coaching jobs at their respective universities.

Umm, OK. You do understand you referenced two 11 win seasons in that recount right? How about this - Manny averages 10.5 wins over the next 4 years (as Dabo did) and then we start talking possible comparisons? But do you really think Manny averages 10.5 over the next four?

Now, was Dabo accepted at Clemson? Nope. That was always going to be hard as the fan base and boosters were delusional and nobody was likely good enough. Then he was. Maybe we get that kind of lucky with Manny. I hope so. But I also deal with probabilities versus possibilities. Again, do you think Manny averages 10.5 over the next four seasons?

Advertisement

All very true.

But these are different times, there is not that type of patience anywhere.

In addition, while he got boat raced badly, it was generally by good or very good teams. Manny lost to FIU etc etc. I don’t believe he ever had losses that were that bad.

He gets his chance. And it’s this year. He better make the most of it.

Advertisement
Back