Looks like Manny Diaz has his work cut out for him

How was Brown so ineffective beyond recruiting at Texas and now so respected. His one title defines outlier. QB did it the non-Mack way.

Advertisement
Definitely had a bumpy road during the season. I think it’s a fair position to start in.

I also believe that he addressed a lot of issues that caused our problems last year. He needs to have the team ready to play and make better game time decisions this year.

Look at how Dabo Swinney was hired after being a WR coach. His second year Clemson was 6-7 and everyone wanted him fired.

If Manny can get the ship right I think he can start a great run in Miami.

I agree he "could" get his feet underneath him.

My concern is what I saw so often last year that CANNOT be addressed with the portal and recruiting. There were too many times last year our kids just didn't give a ****. That's a bad reflection on a coach.....

Arguably, that has been a problem for a while down here. No heart at times, unless it is some marquee match up like Notre Shame on national tv.
I'm still not convinced a players coach that was promoted from within can fix that...but I hope like **** he can.

Advertisement
Definitely had a bumpy road during the season. I think it’s a fair position to start in.

I also believe that he addressed a lot of issues that caused our problems last year. He needs to have the team ready to play and make better game time decisions this year.

Look at how Dabo Swinney was hired after being a WR coach. His second year Clemson was 6-7 and everyone wanted him fired.

If Manny can get the ship right I think he can start a great run in Miami.
Biggest thing is creating quality depth at each position and developing players within the system. Also, keeping guys around more for their senior season, especially guys that project so dned low in the draft.

I know it's easier said than done.

I really like the work he's done in the portal to include more experience in the upper classes and build some solid talent in lower classes, now I'd like to see these young horses develop into something specialized behind those veteran leaders.

No surprise that Manny is considered a bottom of the barrel ACC coach. He is one of the least experienced, and he was basically gifted the head coach job, no coaching search required.

Advertisement
I agree he "could" get his feet underneath him.

My concern is what I saw so often last year that CANNOT be addressed with the portal and recruiting. There were too many times last year our kids just didn't give a ****. That's a bad reflection on a coach.....

Arguably, that has been a problem for a while down here. No heart at times, unless it is some marquee match up like Notre Shame on national tv.
I'm still not convinced a players coach that was promoted from within can fix that...but I hope like **** he can.

It's the kids these days man.. if they feel like they don't have nothing to play for most of the time they lay down and that's everywhere.. exactly why we go on losing steaks and exactly why you see Alabama losing bowl games to teams they shouldn't lose to that may seem big time to us at the moment. But with their recent history they feel like it's CFP or bust.

Advertisement
It's the kids these days man.. if they feel like they don't have nothing to play for most of the time they lay down and that's everywhere.. exactly why we go on losing steaks and exactly why you see Alabama losing bowl games to teams they shouldn't lose to that may seem big time to us at the moment. But with their recent history they feel like it's CFP or bust.

Exactly, we have to start at some point laying the wood to teams we are supposed to....and not going down 28-0 to a ****** VT, etc. Until we start doing that, being ****ed about a bowl game instead of a playoff game will be nothing but a dream.

Manny just got the ED O treatment. A hot seat coach that got a great QB through the transfer. ED O was able to allow that QB to change the course of his career. If you can't win 10-11 with King you have no chance as a coach. If you win 10-11 games and a good bowl game with King then you have to use that to land big recruits that will change the program and keep it winning.

Ed O looks like he'll be able to ride the Burrow wave for several years of success.
Can Manny take a lucky break in King and use it to make a career?

Advertisement
I give Manny a ton of credit for making badly needed major changes this offseason. That took a lot of humility and resilience to make it happen, so I'll give him that. That's something that most coaches will not humble themselves to do.

But that does not at all absolve him from the sh*t show that was last season. He flat out failed as a HC last season and has to fully own that. So the ranking is correct. He was horrible last season as the leader of the team.

Now he's got some very good pieces in place to work with this season. I stand by 10 wins or GTFO. No one is expecting Manny to finish Top 5. Just get to the ACCCG and give Clemson ****. We've GOT to knock at that door and show them that we are on the rise.

I'll be watching the execution (mainly on O of course), but I'll be especially watching the heart and tenacity of the team. That will tell me more than anything about Manny's leadership.

Manny just got the ED O treatment. A hot seat coach that got a great QB through the transfer. ED O was able to allow that QB to change the course of his career. If you can't win 10-11 with King you have no chance as a coach. If you win 10-11 games and a good bowl game with King then you have to use that to land big recruits that will change the program and keep it winning.

Ed O looks like he'll be able to ride the Burrow wave for several years of success.
Can Manny take a lucky break in King and use it to make a career?
We’ll see. This is his “do or die” year.

Advertisement
Back