Looks like Manny Diaz has his work cut out for him

Advertisement
LOL at this being a 5 page thread. ANY new coach 1 year in in his coaching career should be at the bottom of the rankings. Once he has the kind of year King and Lashlee will bring out in the team ( 11-2 / 10-3 type season ) that ranking would go up big time. Not that it matters much.

Advertisement
Sorry to bump this thread but I didn’t want to start a new one. I tried to look up first time head coaches in power 5 who actually did really well their first year Chris Petersen/Ryan Day/Larry Coker the only ones that come to mind (totally different situations teams were really good prior) not making excuses for him last season but Manny basically was Zion Nelson lol (no experience/green) but I think Manny can get the job done here he just seems to adjust really well and makes changes he is a smart guy and seems like a better recruiter than I thought. Obviously he made a lot of mistakes last year but hopefully that experience will help (like Zion Nelson)

Sorry to bump this thread but I didn’t want to start a new one. I tried to look up first time head coaches in power 5 who actually did really well their first year Chris Petersen/Ryan Day/Larry Coker the only ones that come to mind (totally different situations teams were really good prior) not making excuses for him last season but Manny basically was Zion Nelson lol (no experience/green) but I think Manny can get the job done here he just seems to adjust really well and makes changes he is a smart guy and seems like a better recruiter than I thought. Obviously he made a lot of mistakes last year but hopefully that experience will help (like Zion Nelson)

In the last 40 years, the only coaches that took over a team that won 7 or less prior to their arrival and won 10 or more in their first year are Gus Malzahn and Urban Meyer. That's the entire list- and includes both 1st time and seasoned coaches in their first year. A significant portion of the Canes fanbase have no grasp on reality.

In the last 40 years, the only coaches that took over a team that won 7 or less prior to their arrival and won 10 or more in their first year are Gus Malzahn and Urban Meyer. That's the entire list- and includes both 1st time and seasoned coaches in their first year. A significant portion of the Canes fanbase have no grasp on reality.

Wow thanks. Exactly I agree with you and of course, a loss to FIU is bad but the team was not very good either way

Advertisement
Manny’s made the changes I wanted, and has put together a really good staff with the O and OC I wanted, and a real OL Coach. Needed ace recruiters, and it sure looks Like he did that too...including Telly. Unlike previous regimes, he cut bait etc. I love the direction we’re going and am giving the man a chance. Love our players and the new class will infuse even more Miami guys. Go Canes🙌🙌🙌🙌

Advertisement
Back