Looks like Manny Diaz has his work cut out for him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely had a bumpy road during the season. I think it’s a fair position to start in.

I also believe that he addressed a lot of issues that caused our problems last year. He needs to have the team ready to play and make better game time decisions this year.

Look at how Dabo Swinney was hired after being a WR coach. His second year Clemson was 6-7 and everyone wanted him fired.

If Manny can get the ship right I think he can start a great run in Miami.

Ranked 13th out of 14 coaches in the ACC going into the 2020 season.

How he’s ranked is irrelevant. I mean, even the most ardent Manny fan knows he should be at the the bottom, or close, to the rankings of ACC coaches - based on his first year.

Nothing changes what he needs to do to keep his job in 2020. A very bare minimum of 10-11 wins, a Coastal title, and a decent showing vs Clemson, and I would add a bowl win.

That expectation above is what makes his job hard. Not what he’s ranked by somebody else. At this point it’s irrelevant. He’s at the bottom no matter what measure you look at

Advertisement
Definitely had a bumpy road during the season. I think it’s a fair position to start in.

I also believe that he addressed a lot of issues that caused our problems last year. He needs to have the team ready to play and make better game time decisions this year.

Look at how Dabo Swinney was hired after being a WR coach. His second year Clemson was 6-7 and everyone wanted him fired.

If Manny can get the ship right I think he can start a great run in Miami.

That quote is true, but it ignores the bigger picture. Dabo won the Coastal in his first full season. That is one of the reasons there was so much expected of him that next year. Manny was sub .500 overall in his first. And now we just have our fingers crossed.

Maybe Manny becomes great. I hope so, but so far what he has to show are, maybe, at least two of the worst losses in program history. Dabo doesn't have that.

Advertisement
That quote is true, but it ignores the bigger picture. Dabo won the Coastal in his first full season. That is one of the reasons there was so much expected of him that next year. Manny was sub .500 overall in his first. And now we just have our fingers crossed.

Maybe Manny becomes great. I hope so, but so far what he has to show are, maybe, at least two of the worst losses in program history. Dabo doesn't have that.
What would be awesome is if flabo trips and falls down the stairs....

ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back