Looks like Good might bounce

I'm trying to understand this?

Fabian was a dominant player...Good isn't.

I don't follow what Good does every week.
I don't know if he's dominating or not. I do know that he has basically the same exact measureables that Fabian did his Freshman year.
Who's more productive can have a lot to do with the teams around them.

Advertisement
Yall didn't? Explains alot. Never won more than 6 games while he was at Western right and never used him on defense? Crazy

LOL...Go watch Fabian's tape and this kid's tape...it's night and day.
Go watch Dunbar's tape and his tape...it's night and day.

So was Sam Shields...that's 3 guys out of millions. Can't bank on that.

I'm not sure about your point on Dunbar..

We didn't need him on defense. We had a top-5 defense in Broward while he was here. We needed him on offense because...wait for it...OFFENSE IS WHAT SCORES POINTS AND HE WAS OUR BEST ATHLETE WITH THE BALL IN HIS HANDS. (and we could stop people, we just couldn't score)

The point is very simple to understand. Dunbar, Shields, Moreau, etc...were superior ATHLETES with good length. Whether they were translating to offense or not, at some point someone said "hey, you might make a decent Corner." And here we are.

You're essentially saying that Moreau/Dunbar translate to being better Corners because they had more production on offense than Good.

Ok. Well. The point holds merit, but unfortunately offensive production from a RB can be manipulated by many different factors.

I can see Striker. I'm not seeing LB being that he's 5'11.
How tall do you think Perryman was?

And yes, Perryman only came in around 205 lbs.

Way different players, but height doesn't stop a beast like Smith from being a high quality Striker or WLB (if he adds more weight) in our system.

Rohan Marley was like 5'8 and he was a monster at LB for us.

I definitely see Smith as a Striker more than a traditional Safety for us.

How tall do you think Perryman was?

And yes, Perryman only came in around 205 lbs.

Way different players, but height doesn't stop a beast like Smith from being a high quality Striker or WLB (if he adds more weight) in our system.

Rohan Marley was like 5'8 and he was a monster at LB for us.

I definitely see Smith as a Striker more than a traditional Safety for us.

See, this is the problem I have with some people. You've just mentioned two LBs that are 5'11 or shorter in the last 30 years. More often than not, a guy who's 5'11 is likely not playing LB, especially when we already have 3 LBs in this class. I never said Smith wasn't going to play striker here, I said he's probably not going to be a LB, more likely safety.

I don't follow what Good does every week.
I don't know if he's dominating or not. I do know that he has basically the same exact measureables that Fabian did his Freshman year.
Who's more productive can have a lot to do with the teams around them.

Nah...if he was a good player then he would dominate somewhere...he doesn't.

Advertisement
The point is very simple to understand. Dunbar, Shields, Moreau, etc...were superior ATHLETES with good length. Whether they were translating to offense or not, at some point someone said "hey, you might make a decent Corner." And here we are.

You're essentially saying that Moreau/Dunbar translate to being better Corners because they had more production on offense than Good.

Ok. Well. The point holds merit, but unfortunately offensive production from a RB can be manipulated by many different factors.

Those guys dominated high school for 2-3 years. Good isn't even doing that.

Not looking at the numbers if we could keep Good along with the addition of Nunn and TS I think that would be a huge win...

Good I would love to RS and just let him dedicate to learning the CB craft (while being a STs demon)

Advertisement
What does the head yelling at the syringe symbolize?

Edit: it didn't link the screenshots, but I am talking about Tyrikes response to Nunn commit.

Was wondering the same thing but didn’t want to come off as the old dude screaming at those darn kids to get off my lawn.

Advertisement
He'll get cut out of the class and land somewhere like New Mexico State or some other random school. I wish him the very best and any D1 scholarship is more than most out there in this world, so no shame in that. I felt he was a reach from day one though.

Advertisement
I would continue to recruit Good as an athlete. The kid is smooth and has legit speed. He has tools to work with. He doesn't have a position Day 1 but you bring him in, let him compete at multiple positions early on to see what he has.....and it will wash out in the end.

I would continue to recruit Good as an athlete. The kid is smooth and has legit speed. He has tools to work with. He doesn't have a position Day 1 but you bring him in, let him compete at multiple positions early on to see what he has.....and it will wash out in the end.

We arent in position to give out scholarships.

Advertisement
Back