Looks like Good might bounce

Advertisement
It’s been reported Nunn was not one of the silents. Also that the two silents are defensive players. If Nunn was one of the silents it would have come out by now.
I was referring to Haselwood being a silent as well when I replied, “I think so”. I don’t know anything just giving my opinion. Are you the same poster that predicted Surtain Jr to Bama? That was a good prediction as well as an unpopular one on the board at the time. Props.

Naw...it's a red flag.

They're 3-4, haven't had a winning season since 2016..defense giving up 34ppg.

They've been beat 50-20 and 39-0.

I've never known any D1 kid that's not at a powerhouse to not play both ways...especially a skill guy

I don’t think it’s necessarily a red flag. I think it’s just selfishness on the HS coach’s part. He is more interested in winning than he is looking out for his players’ future.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a red flag. I think it’s just selfishness on the HS coach’s part. He is more interested in winning than he is looking out for his players’ future.
If he was interested in winning he'd be playing his star player both ways.....unless maybe his star player isn't such a star maybe?

Im not dropping Good unless the 2 silents are Dent & Stevenson.

**** FS Stevenson
**** SS Smith
***(*) DB Nunn (redshirt)
***** CB Dent
**** CB Couch
***(*) CB Brownlee (redshirt)

Secondary done, elite recruiting.

The cabinets are starting to look more stocked.

Safeties

1. *** (JR) SS Carter
2. **** (FR) SS Smith
3. ***? (FR) SS Nunn (Redshirt)

1. **** (SO) FS Hall
2. **** (FR) FS Stevenson
3. *** (*SR) FS Knowles

1. *** (SR) ST Smith
2. **** (JR) ST Finley

Corners
1. **** (JR) CB Bandy
2. **** (SO) CB Blades
3. **** (SO) CB Ivey
4. **** (SO) CB Frierson
5. *** (*FR) CB Bethel
6. ***** (FR) CB Dent
7. **** (FR) CB Couch
8. ***? (FR) CB Brownlee (Redshirt)
At this point you could push out Good.
9. *** (FR) CB Good (Redshirt)

Advertisement
Im not dropping Good unless the 2 silents are Dent & Stevenson.

**** FS Stevenson
**** SS Smith
***(*) DB Nunn (redshirt)
***** CB Dent
**** CB Couch
***(*) CB Brownlee (redshirt)

Secondary done, elite recruiting.

The cabinets are starting to look more stocked.

Safeties

1. *** (JR) SS Carter
2. **** (FR) SS Smith
3. ***? (FR) SS Nunn (Redshirt)

1. **** (SO) FS Hall
2. **** (FR) FS Stevenson
3. *** (*SR) FS Knowles

1. *** (SR) ST Smith
2. **** (JR) ST Finley

Corners
1. **** (JR) CB Bandy
2. **** (SO) CB Blades
3. **** (SO) CB Ivey
4. **** (SO) CB Frierson
5. *** (*FR) CB Bethel
6. ***** (FR) CB Dent
7. **** (FR) CB Couch
8. ***? (FR) CB Brownlee (Redshirt)
At this point you could push out Good.
9. *** (FR) CB Good (Redshirt)
If we do this, then we are in a spot where we wont need extra guys any more, we'd be very selective next cycle like Dugs has to be now at WR. We'd need 2 CBs & 1 FS & 1 SS/ST and we just focus on the top guys and close 'em. 2ndary at this point would be full, and we could think about turning one of our position coaches into a true 2ndary coach.

If we do this, then we are in a spot where we wont need extra guys any more, we'd be very selective next cycle like Dugs has to be now at WR. We'd need 2 CBs & 1 FS & 1 SS/ST and we just focus on the top guys and close 'em. 2ndary at this point would be full, and we could think about turning one of our position coaches into a true 2ndary coach.
CBs for example now have champion level depth. 3 players coming into potential money years. Lots of talent just waiting in the wings. Could start to see us ask kids to focus on graduating (Bethel) so they could transfer out.
1. 4* JR Bandy 6'1" 205
2. 4* JR Blades 6'1" 205
3. 4* JR Frierson 6'1" 205
4. 5* SO Dent 6'0" 190
5. 4* SO Couch 5'9" 180
6. 3* SO Bethel 6'1" 205
7. 5* FR Davis 6'2" 180
8. 4* FR Gray 6'1" 185
9. 3* FR Brownlee 5'11" 190

I would continue to recruit Good as an athlete. The kid is smooth and has legit speed. He has tools to work with. He doesn't have a position Day 1 but you bring him in, let him compete at multiple positions early on to see what he has.....and it will wash out in the end.
They should try to Grey shirt him or ask him to be a walk-on if they are able to get the higher rated players they want. I was "trusting the staff" when he first committed but now I like him. Try these other options and if he's not willing than he gotta do what's best for him.

The staff jumped the gun by taking his commitment so soon. Same as they did with Munoz. Both those players they could have just stayed in contact with them and added them as backup options if they still wanted them.

Another poster said it best that Good's coach did him a disservice by not playing him on D.

I do not understand any post accounting for Dent in this class. He has made his intentions known for a while.

Advertisement
I was referring to Haselwood being a silent as well when I replied, “I think so”. I don’t know anything just giving my opinion. Are you the same poster that predicted Surtain Jr to Bama? That was a good prediction as well as an unpopular one on the board at the time. Props.

Yes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
CBs for example now have champion level depth. 3 players coming into potential money years. Lots of talent just waiting in the wings. Could start to see us ask kids to focus on graduating (Bethel) so they could transfer out.
1. 4* JR Bandy 6'1" 205

Dang Bandy grew 5-6 inches? This is fantastic news!

Ivins mentioned a couple of days ago that it seems Miami is trying to upgrade their class. Seems like they don’t believe they have too many spots and they are expecting some better guys to hop on. This could be one example of that.
Another UVA performance and we won’t be upgrading Jacksh!t

Advertisement
Back