Looks Like Barry Jackson had an undercover guy at the scrimmage

Advertisement
And there’s idiots actually liking this nonsense , right down to Tate playing wr. These clowns are just as bad as the supposed “ Tate sexuals”. Agenda much?!?

I swear this site is comical.

It worked out for Julian Edelman

You can run the ball out of shotgun.

Trivia question- who was Chip Kelly's QB when he took over as the HC of the Oregon Ducks?

Jeremiah Masoli. 5'10" 225 lbs transfer player.

How did Oregon do in Chip Kelly's 1st year as HC? Lost 1st game to Boise State, then rallied to end up as PAC 12 champs with 10-3 overall record and loss to Ohio State in Rose Bowl. Not too shabby for a 1st year coach with virtually no defense (gave up 28 ppg!) and a mediocre qb. Oregon's OL wasn't particularly talented either but the team played offense at a breakneck pace so it masked the team deficiencies.

Miami has the skill players on offense and a defense good enough that a 10 win season should be a cakewalk even with an average QB and questionable OL. Comes down to coaching and scheme. Diaz knew he wanted Enos for a reason and Enos spurned the GOAT college HC (arguably) and a virtually guaranteed P5 HC job in a couple years to prove himself at Miami with a brand new HC. It was a ballsy move. I think it will pay off.
We know the offense will be tailored to the QB that wins the job, but how do you judge the competition if a guy can't run the offense under center? How does that evaluate against the other QBs? Not being able to run the offense under center will kill our 12 personnel plays under center which features play-action-passes as a weapon.

Advertisement
The Rousseau comment is funny, because I think he would fluster anyone at 6-7 275... but I had a hunch its gonna be Perry, with Tate packages. Tate will be rewarded for his diligence in the film room I suspect.

The Rousseau comment is funny, because I think he would fluster anyone at 6-7 275... but I had a hunch its gonna be Perry, with Tate packages. Tate will be rewarded for his diligence in the film room I suspect.
I sure hope our OC isn’t some tool who ‘rewards’ kids for studying hard. We should play the guys who give us the best chance at winning. Period. Tate’s film room work is laudable from what folks say. Give him a green star and pat on the head. But the benefits of film study should show up in his play. If he doesn’t out perform the other guys on the field in live action, then the film wasn’t enough, and you give him a clipboard and seat on the bench also.

I sure hope our OC isn’t some tool who ‘rewards’ kids for studying hard. We should play the guys who give us the best chance at winning. Period. Tate’s film room work is laudable from what folks say. Give him a green star and pat on the head. But the benefits of film study should show up in his play. If he doesn’t out perform the other guys on the field in live action, then the film wasn’t enough, and you give him a clipboard and seat on the bench also.

this. i will say, tates work ethic (from what we know and heard) has been of great value to the other two even if he doesn't win the job. the other two can thank martell if it is one of them in the end.

I’m just so happy. No more mark Richt and no more Malik rosier. **** can’t do anything but get better. I’m excited Not worried.
Exactly. The reality is while it would be great to have a superstar QB, even a mediocre one will mean a large improvement over last year's abysmal performance. I have full confidence that at the VERY LEAST our starting QB will be mediocre, with a good chance that as the year progresses, with the help of Enos, we'll have a good QB.

Advertisement
My man I assure you this staff has been preparing, scouting & reviewing film of Florida since spring football at the least. They’ve had a more than enough time to prepare. Months upon months at a time.
That's still not the same as an offensive gelling over time given the entire offense is new. I'd bet that by the 4th or 5th game, our offense is operating on a very different level than they do early in the season.

Perry interception was tipped and willians was just a play on the ball.
giphy (2).gif

So let's say the stats are something like this --

Perry 17-21 180 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fumble, 1 Sack
Jarren 14-24 160 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 Rush TD, 2 Sacks
Tate 12-25 155 yds, 1 TD, 1 Rush TD, 30 Rush Yds, 5 sacks

Who you going with?

I got a feeling Enos and Manny are sooooooooo mad right now.

Well, considering Manny said the QBs collectively completed 71% of their passes, these made up stats, which already looked really stupid, just look even more stupid.

Advertisement
tate wins this job outright or you can expect a season where we see all three of these guys (unless one transfers). that is my prediction.

Jacksons article re-emphasizes why I've been saying that the qb order is #1 Martell, #2 JW, #3 Perry. DCs who become new HCs care about 1 thing above all- no turnovers to give the opponents short fields. A distant #2 is mobility as running QBs can wreak havoc on a defense. Taking sacks isnt (usually) fatal as long as the qb doesn't put the ball on the ground. That's why a good punter is essential.

In these scrimmages, we dont know if a ball was tipped or totally a WRs fault so I dont put much stock in the ints. Sacks- I'm pretty sure the coaches blow the whistle when it LOOKS like a qb is going to be sacked, which means it doesn't allow the qb to run around much and make plays with his legs. Also, no idea as to whether the sacks were coverage sacks. Don't know if the QBs are instructed to throw a ball out of bounds if no receivers are open. What is totally inexcusable is dropping the ball or getting it stripped. No justifying that. That's 100% on the qb and is a one way to ticket to the bench.

Let's say Martell gets sacked 6 times by UF but we have a top 10 Defense. Based on last year's numbers, a top 10 D gives up less than 18.1 ppg. Is it realistic for an offense to score 19 points if a qb gets sacked 6 times? Sure, as long as he has zero turnovers.

Williams doesn't have to be mobile but he needs to counter that with pocket presence. If he can feel the rush and get rid of the ball (to his safety valve or throw the ball away) he can also run an efficient offense.

Perry isn't taking care of the ball. That's a trend from last year. Its getting late in the offseason for him to show Manny he's a different qb from the one our former DC saw last year.

I disagree with Tate being the best guy because he didn't turn the ball over in the scrimmage. Manny Diaz didn't bring Enos here to run a dink and donk offense. Enos didn't leave a great job at Alabama, and a potential great job at Georgia, to run a water down version of his offense.

Manny has talked about having an offense that stresses the defense. You can't do that without throwing the ball deep. Again, go look at Enos' offense at Arkansas, and sees which QB fits that mold. The guy who can push the ball down the field, while making the least mistake will win this job.

tate wins this job outright or you can expect a season where we see all three of these guys (unless one transfers). that is my prediction.

so either hes the goods or neither of the others are good enough? i think jarrens ceiling is as high as anyones on the roster (IF he wins the job of course). i think all 3 are more than enough to win this division and get us to charlotte. idk if any of them will be elite though. i trust enos in whoever he decides will start is the guy who he thinks can be successful, though. fwiw, based on reports and reading back through the practise updates, it seems all have their ups and downs and each have had moments (which i guess can be argued is what occurred in the scrimmage and even going back to the spring game (Tate rebounding in the second game nicely after struggling the first).

Advertisement

I don't see that at all. And I'm basing my prediction on watching Arkansas' offense every year under Enos. They lead the SEC in passing yards with the Allen boys. The best passer, plus the guy who can protect the football, wins this job.

Advertisement
Back