Looks Like Barry Jackson had an undercover guy at the scrimmage

Advertisement
Agreed, Enos and Barry will have to be creative at this point in terms of their schemes and hide certain guys till another Bryant McKinnie and Leon Searcy walk through that door. But just getting the ball out of the QB's hands(whoever that may be) will be key...
If we need McKinnie and Searcy to have a good offense against the **** that is the ACC Coastal then we’re in bigger trouble than anyone can imagine.

All we need in the immediate future is a couple 10/11 win seasons and Coastal titles. Then build from there. We haven’t strung together two good seasons since 2000.

Russel Wilson and Drew Brees aren’t tall. height is preferred but not mandatory.

they are exceptions to the norm and both are better passers than martell. if we're playing from under center with the swiss cheese line we have, martell is going to have to make decisions way faster. his strength is playing from shotgun to buy a little more time to scan the field, but that doesn't sound like the base offense we're running.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This whole not seeing Thing is getting tiring tbqh. Did being 5’11 or shorter hurt deriq King, Kyler Murray or McKenzie milton in finding throwing lanes?
These dudes act like this is 1978. They completely ignore the fact that there have been a multitude of short QBs who have killed it in college football over the last several years including Heisman winners.

they are exceptions to the norm and both are better passers than martell.
thanks for repeating what I said about their height in a different way. interestingly, I didn’t mention any of their passing ability. the topic was height alone. you would be a terrible lawyer.

thanks for repeating what I said about their height in a different way. interestingly, I didn’t mention any of their passing ability. the topic was height alone. you would be a terrible lawyer.

if that's what it seems like to you, maybe work on your reading comprehension and context clues since the entire discussion of his height is stemming from the conversation about taking sacks and not being able to see passing lanes (you know, things required to be an effective quarterback). you'd be a terrible third grader.

you're still comparing him to a surefire hall of famer and a 5-time pro bowler to point out that height can be mitigated. outliers are bad comparisons and martell isn't in the same realm as them.

if that's what it seems like to you, maybe work on your reading comprehension and context clues since the entire discussion of his height is stemming from the conversation about taking sacks and not being able to see passing lanes (you know, things required to be an effective quarterback). you'd be a terrible third grader.

you're still comparing him to a surefire hall of famer and a 5-time pro bowler to point out that height can be mitigated.
You’re a bright guy. “Taking sacks” in a no contact scrimmage when they blow the whistle when the defender gets close to the QB is completely different than game situations.

That quick whistle negates Tate’s main strength. So if he managed to do a decent job with his main strength negated, then that’s a pretty good sign for us

Advertisement
tenor.gif

yeah it sucks but its sadly true:mad:

you're still comparing him to a surefire hall of famer and a 5-time pro bowler to point out that height can be mitigated. outliers are bad comparisons and martell isn't in the same realm as them.
it wasn’t personal. actually it was. point is, shorter qbs can make it. only thing I was relaying ya dolt.

You’re a bright guy. “Taking sacks” in a no contact scrimmage when they blow the whistle when the defender gets close to the QB is completely different than game situations.

That quick whistle negates Tate’s main strength. So if he managed to do a decent job with his main strength negated, then that’s a pretty good sign for us

to preface, i don't have any issues with martell and am stoked that he's in with the waiver. i want the best guy to win the competition, and three legit guys driving each other for the spot is the most we've had since i can remember.

the quick whistle factor is a fair point, but the concern is if our two less-mobile guys aren't taking the same sacks in the same environment (obviously there are a lot of other factors including which line they were behind and which defense they were against) and there's no specific note about composure against the rush in the report. also, and serious question because i truly don't know, was it truly no-contact to the qbs where they blow the whistle when the rush reaches a spot/allotted time, or was it touch/easy wrap?

Advertisement
Advertisement
This whole not seeing Thing is getting tiring tbqh. Did being 5’11 or shorter hurt deriq King, Kyler Murray or McKenzie milton in finding throwing lanes?

The big difference that you’re missing is those QBs can throw... Kyler Murray got an arm **** near like Michael Vick, Tate isn’t close to that level so its a very bad comparison.

to preface, i don't have any issues with martell and am stoked that he's in with the waiver. i want the best guy to win the competition, and three legit guys driving each other for the spot is the most we've had since i can remember.

the quick whistle factor is a fair point, but the concern is if our two less-mobile guys aren't taking the same sacks in the same environment (obviously there are a lot of other factors including which line they were behind and which defense they were against) and there's no specific note about composure against the rush in the report. also, and serious question because i truly don't know, was it truly no-contact to the qbs where they blow the whistle when the rush reaches a spot/allotted time, or was it touch/easy wrap?
I think you answered your own questions with all those questions, brother. There are simply too many unknown factors to put much stock in any of these empty third hand reports.

I’m intrigued by D$’s note that Martell lead us to the “winning” FG in a one-minute drive against the ones. Other than that, there wasn’t much meat on any of the reports

That's still not the same as an offensive gelling over time given the entire offense is new. I'd bet that by the 4th or 5th game, our offense is operating on a very different level than they do early in the season.

Right! By feasting on **** defenses in the coastal & our weak non conference schedule...only to play another tough & worthy opponent on or around New Year’s Day & getting beat to sleep like the last three years.

This is the problem with you dudes..you don’t really understand football with respect to the long game.

I’m thinking about this offense against the likes of UF, fsu, Clemson, & a potential tough New Year’s Day opponent. If we don’t have a good showing on 8/24 then it will end like always. Be average or better than average against conference opponents only to look like trash in the Acc champ game & the bowl game.

& this is my theory...it doesn’t have to be yours..you’re not changing my mind & I don’t care to change yours.

I think you answered your own questions with all those questions, brother. There are simply too many unknown factors to put much stock in any of these empty third hand reports.

I’m intrigued by D$’s note that Martell lead us to the “winning” FG in a one-minute drive against the ones. Other than that, there wasn’t much meat on any of the reports

look, chise, i'm here to jump to irrational conclusions based on second-hand information from a beat writer's source.

on the real though, i'm not surprised by that part of the report from dmoney. i think martell would thrive in a wide-open offense from the shotgun with the playmakers we have and our questions on the line. our defense already knows how to get off the field quickly, and i'd love to see what we can do in a system that fits a scrambler not named malik rosier.

Advertisement
Back