Looks Like Barry Jackson had an undercover guy at the scrimmage

I’m glad we’re making mistakes...it’s a scrimmage your supposed to make mistakes it’s a new offense,new coaches,new players all the above people have to get used to each other and the more mistakes we make just means more things to learn from like I’d rather make all these mistakes now then 8/24 lol

Advertisement
Right! By feasting on **** defenses in the coastal & our weak non conference schedule...only to play another tough & worthy opponent on or around New Year’s Day & getting beat to sleep like the last three years.

This is the problem with you dudes..you don’t really understand football with respect to the long game.

I’m thinking about this offense against the likes of UF, fsu, Clemson, & a potential tough New Year’s Day opponent. If we don’t have a good showing on 8/24 then it will end like always. Be average or better than average against conference opponents only to look like trash in the Acc champ game & the bowl game.

& this is my theory...it doesn’t have to be yours..you’re not changing my mind & I don’t care to change yours.
Yes, it is your theory. Fine, don't need to change your mind. You are entitled to be wrong.

Game one, against a quality opponent, with a brand new offense, is going to show signs of sloppiness. They have had exactly ZERO actual game experience at that point in that offense...possibly with a new QB as well. If you don't think that team chemistry, understanding of the nuances of the playbook, and sharpness of execution shouldn't be expected to increase after they've gotten the chance to play a few games, I don't know what to tell you.

▪ N’Kosi Perry and Jarren Williams each threw an interception, and both were caught by impressive young safety Gurvan Hall. Perry’s pick was off a deflection, but the ball was thrown into heavy traffic, and Hall returned it for a touchdown.
Williams’ interception came when he threw the ball deep and Hall made a play on it.
TOP ARTICLES
▪ That wasn’t Perry’s only turnover Sunday. The ball fell out of Perry’s hands when he ****ed his arm to throw it, resulting in a fumble.
One UM official said the big concern with Perry remains his penchant for turnovers, which was an issue last season and at times in practice last week.
If not for the turnovers, he might be clearly leading the competition.
Then again, without the iceberg, the Titanic might have been a delightful cruise.
Nonetheless, Perry remains firmly in the starting race, and he did some nice things Sunday, including a few nifty touch passes and two really nice runs. He’s generally processing defenses better than a year ago.

One observer thought Williams was narrowly the best Sunday but that it wasn’t clear cut and nobody has taken command of this QB battle. Besides the pick to Hall, Williams threw a couple of other passes that were near interceptions.
But the UM person said Williams showed good command of the offense and led a couple of long drives. Williams, like Perry, appears more serious and diligent about what’s expected of him than a year ago.

Martell had the cleanest scrimmage in terms of not committing a turnover but was sacked a half dozen times and looked tentative when the pocket collapsed, the official said.
Martell had some success throwing underneath but didn’t do a lot of damage downfield. He gained decent yards on designed runs, but Greg Rousseau flustered him and was often in his face.
Martell and Williams both ran for touchdowns.

▪ UM hopes to determine a starter after next weekend’s scrimmage, and unless someone really emerges this week, this is going to be a very difficult call because there’s no clear-cut magic solution among the three, though all have their strengths and all have had their moments.
Manny Diaz said the quarterbacks evenly shared first- and second-team snaps in the scrimmage.
▪ Overall, the defense had the upper hand Sunday, which wasn’t surprising. UM’s defense could be among the top quarter in the country at the very least. Conversely, the offense still has a lot of question marks, not only at quarterback but with a line featuring only one starter with a lot of starting experience.
▪ The official said Rousseau was exceptional Sunday,with at least three sacks. Hall had a sack, and Shaq Quarterman and Mike Pinckney were among other defenders who were impactful.
And besides Hall, Manny Diaz singled out Amari Carter, Derrick Smith and Rob Knowles during his appearance Monday with WQAM’s Joe Rose.
▪ The UM official described offensive coordinator Dan Enos as agitated by several things, including the pass protection issues and penalties for false starts and delay of game.
There was initially considerable concern after running back Cam’Ron Harris sustained what appeared to be a knee injury. Harris needed to be helped off but was walking OK by the end of the night. UM hasn’t publicly addressed injuries from the scrimmage.
▪ Freshman receiver Jeremiah Payton had a couple of nice catches and continues to impress. Mike Harley Jr. had a long gain on a catch down the sidelines.
▪ DeeJay Dallas had a touchdown on a swing pass.
▪ Look for this staff to maximize Jeff Thomas’ explosiveness. He had a sizable gain on a jet sweep.
It's funny the nonsense this guy comes up with. Singles out a ton of crap with nothing to do with nothing. How bout how each of them graded out? QBs recievers rbs dbs etc? How bout harley was highest graded reciever by lil over nephew who had 4 catches & a td. Both were far higher than the next being kj than the rest of the pack

Prob did him a favor by not burning his shirt for no reason at all. He had Rosier and Perry.

he could have played in 4 games and not lost his RS..$ games that meant nothing to last season but could have meant the world as far as his gaining experience for this year.

The richts screwed up when it comes to this kid.Would probably be the starter going away.

Advertisement
Interesting article re: short QBs

QB Height is basically irrelevant, what matters far more is arm length and release point.

Interesting article re: short QBs

QB Height is basically irrelevant, what matters far more is arm length and release point.
We already know Tate has long arms because he reaches all the way into duke4heisman’s mom’s basement to jack him off.

You can run the ball out of shotgun.

Trivia question- who was Chip Kelly's QB when he took over as the HC of the Oregon Ducks?

Jeremiah Masoli. 5'10" 225 lbs transfer player.

How did Oregon do in Chip Kelly's 1st year as HC? Lost 1st game to Boise State, then rallied to end up as PAC 12 champs with 10-3 overall record and loss to Ohio State in Rose Bowl. Not too shabby for a 1st year coach with virtually no defense (gave up 28 ppg!) and a mediocre qb. Oregon's OL wasn't particularly talented either but the team played offense at a breakneck pace so it masked the team deficiencies.

Miami has the skill players on offense and a defense good enough that a 10 win season should be a cakewalk even with an average QB and questionable OL. Comes down to coaching and scheme. Diaz knew he wanted Enos for a reason and Enos spurned the GOAT college HC (arguably) and a virtually guaranteed P5 HC job in a couple years to prove himself at Miami with a brand new HC. It was a ballsy move. I think it will pay off.

But....we dont play int he Pac 10. There are teams in the acc with actually guys on defense that are NFL players.

Advertisement
But....we dont play int he Pac 10. There are teams in the acc with actually guys on defense that are NFL players.

The object of the game is the same in the Pac12 and the ACC. Finish the fourth quarter with more points than the other team.

Do you believe that an Oregon-style offense with Miami's speed wouldn't be able to win the ACC Coastal because of all the "NFL players" in the ACC?

Chip Kelly ran a Pistol offense at Oregon, not a Shotgun offense. That makes a big difference in a scheme that only contains a handful of run concepts.

I think the most effective offense is the Pro/Spread hybrid that uses Spread formations with pro run & pass concepts. Oklahoma and Kansas City (NFL) are good examples of it. I don't know if Enos is as creative as Lincoln Riley and Andy Reid - and it would take time for him to install a playbook that diverse - but that seems to be the style of offense that he prefers.

The object of the game is the same in the Pac12 and the ACC. Finish the fourth quarter with more points than the other team.

Do you believe that an Oregon-style offense with Miami's speed wouldn't be able to win the ACC Coastal because of all the "NFL players" in the ACC?

i think the Ds would expose that style of offense.

i think the Ds would expose that style of offense.

I think you are vastly overrating the defenses in the ACC. There might be 1 ACC team that would "expose" it- Clemson. I think an Oregon style O would give us a puncher's chance since we probably wouldn't be able to keep them off the scoreboard anyways. Only way to beat them would be having a quick strike offense, since 6-8 min drives are going to mean you will run out of time. Score lots, hope the D can make a few key stop and/or make sure they get FGs instead of TDs, and win a close, high scoring game. Maybe Bud Foster could scheme up something that would slow down the O, but he doesn't have the horses. The rest of the defenses wouldn't be able to keep up with the speed. In addition, any of the teams that we played at home would be dying of heat exhaustion by the 3rd quarter.

Advertisement
Yes, it is your theory. Fine, don't need to change your mind. You are entitled to be wrong.

Game one, against a quality opponent, with a brand new offense, is going to show signs of sloppiness. They have had exactly ZERO actual game experience at that point in that offense...possibly with a new QB as well. If you don't think that team chemistry, understanding of the nuances of the playbook, and sharpness of execution shouldn't be expected to increase after they've gotten the chance to play a few games, I don't know what to tell you.

I doubt I’ll be wrong but you’re right..you don’t know what to tell me bc you can’t tell me anything.

I’ll be back to bump this post & laugh quite a bit when it plays out.

Advertisement
▪ N’Kosi Perry and Jarren Williams each threw an interception, and both were caught by impressive young safety Gurvan Hall. Perry’s pick was off a deflection, but the ball was thrown into heavy traffic, and Hall returned it for a touchdown.
Williams’ interception came when he threw the ball deep and Hall made a play on it.
TOP ARTICLES
▪ That wasn’t Perry’s only turnover Sunday. The ball fell out of Perry’s hands when he ****ed his arm to throw it, resulting in a fumble.
One UM official said the big concern with Perry remains his penchant for turnovers, which was an issue last season and at times in practice last week.
If not for the turnovers, he might be clearly leading the competition.
Then again, without the iceberg, the Titanic might have been a delightful cruise.
Nonetheless, Perry remains firmly in the starting race, and he did some nice things Sunday, including a few nifty touch passes and two really nice runs. He’s generally processing defenses better than a year ago.

One observer thought Williams was narrowly the best Sunday but that it wasn’t clear cut and nobody has taken command of this QB battle. Besides the pick to Hall, Williams threw a couple of other passes that were near interceptions.
But the UM person said Williams showed good command of the offense and led a couple of long drives. Williams, like Perry, appears more serious and diligent about what’s expected of him than a year ago.

Martell had the cleanest scrimmage in terms of not committing a turnover but was sacked a half dozen times and looked tentative when the pocket collapsed, the official said.
Martell had some success throwing underneath but didn’t do a lot of damage downfield. He gained decent yards on designed runs, but Greg Rousseau flustered him and was often in his face.
Martell and Williams both ran for touchdowns.

▪ UM hopes to determine a starter after next weekend’s scrimmage, and unless someone really emerges this week, this is going to be a very difficult call because there’s no clear-cut magic solution among the three, though all have their strengths and all have had their moments.
Manny Diaz said the quarterbacks evenly shared first- and second-team snaps in the scrimmage.
▪ Overall, the defense had the upper hand Sunday, which wasn’t surprising. UM’s defense could be among the top quarter in the country at the very least. Conversely, the offense still has a lot of question marks, not only at quarterback but with a line featuring only one starter with a lot of starting experience.
▪ The official said Rousseau was exceptional Sunday,with at least three sacks. Hall had a sack, and Shaq Quarterman and Mike Pinckney were among other defenders who were impactful.
And besides Hall, Manny Diaz singled out Amari Carter, Derrick Smith and Rob Knowles during his appearance Monday with WQAM’s Joe Rose.
▪ The UM official described offensive coordinator Dan Enos as agitated by several things, including the pass protection issues and penalties for false starts and delay of game.
There was initially considerable concern after running back Cam’Ron Harris sustained what appeared to be a knee injury. Harris needed to be helped off but was walking OK by the end of the night. UM hasn’t publicly addressed injuries from the scrimmage.
▪ Freshman receiver Jeremiah Payton had a couple of nice catches and continues to impress. Mike Harley Jr. had a long gain on a catch down the sidelines.
▪ DeeJay Dallas had a touchdown on a swing pass.
▪ Look for this staff to maximize Jeff Thomas’ explosiveness. He had a sizable gain on a jet sweep.
Sounds like Williams would be best for #1 QB.

Agree, my only concern with Jarren and Perry though is they just started taking this seriously though. They are behind from where they could potentially be.
Hard to blame Perry and Williams for not taking things seriously enough when their HC last year was just going through the motions, had his son coaching them, and had gus the bus as their S&C corch.

Because who gives a sh** about some soft recruitment from Ohio State when he actually played QB at Kent State dip stick.
Reread my posts you clown, not sure where you interpreted that I claimed Julian Edelman played at OhioSt

Advertisement
Back