Looks Like Barry Jackson had an undercover guy at the scrimmage

OL will probaby be the team's downfall at some point but it would be nice if a miracle occurs and they play ok on 8/24

Advertisement
Being 5"10 at best and throwing over guys that average 6"3 to 6"4 takes away the area right behind the d-line because he cant see. He would have to find throwing lanes on every pass in that part of the field unless he takes a deep drop.

Being 5"10 at best and throwing over guys that average 6"3 to 6"4 takes away the area right behind the d-line because he cant see. He would have to find throwing lanes on every pass in that part of the field unless he takes a deep drop.
This whole not seeing Thing is getting tiring tbqh. Did being 5’11 or shorter hurt deriq King, Kyler Murray or McKenzie milton in finding throwing lanes?

This whole not seeing Thing is getting tiring tbqh. Did being 5’11 or shorter hurt deriq King, Kyler Murray or McKenzie milton in finding throwing lanes?

Brock, you have to look at the quarterback's drops...3,5,7 sometimes even 9. Go back and look at the drops these qbs are taking for context.

Advertisement
If there is no science behind it go find me the 5"10 qbs in the NFL and get back to me. Why do you think everyone pulling for Tate is saying we should be in the shotgun.

Last edited:
Not going live means not taking hits. It wouldn't take away from scrambling.

I also found it interesting listening to coach Diaz on WQAM this morning when he described what a QB needs to do to win the job. He said:

1) Know the playbook.
2) Know where to go with the ball.
3) Throw with accuracy.
4) The X-factor. Can you do something special if the play breaks down? What was interesting is what he said next. If you don't do 1-3 well, having the X-factor will not compensate for the shortcomings of 1-3. Not sure if he was speaking about any QB in particular, but an interesting comment nonetheless.

It's funny but this list looks similar to Schnelly's back in the day. Nowhere do I see arm strength (in fact Schnelly stated that arm strength would be a 7th or 8th in importance). Also, I don't see throwing pretty balls (vs ducks) or height.

That being said, I don't favor Tate over anyone else. I have not horse in race. I just feel that for this particular game we need someone that can process things quickly. There won't be time to grow into the position. Given their inexperience and the state of the OL, UF is probably come fast and furious right from the start to try to create another LSU situation where we're taken out of the game early. That why those fumbles in the pocket by Perry are troublesome. Can't afford unforced errors like that.

Advertisement
If you have concerns about the oline there are ways to scheme around it including going to shotgun more often, quick passes etc. it’s not hard and if enos is who we think he is, he knows this
Not hard? Are you kidding ... C'mon man. The Defense will make a simple adjustment to the shotgun. You have to be able to run for at least 125yards.

Tate limits our offense and just isn’t talented enough as a QB to lead this team. He is a very talented athlete though and would be a unique weapon as a slot WR and wildcat QB.

And there’s idiots actually liking this nonsense , right down to Tate playing wr. These clowns are just as bad as the supposed “ Tate sexuals”. Agenda much?!?

I swear this site is comical.

Not hard? Are you kidding ... C'mon man. The Defense will make a simple adjustment to the shotgun. You have to be able to run for at least 125yards.

You can run the ball out of shotgun.

Trivia question- who was Chip Kelly's QB when he took over as the HC of the Oregon Ducks?

Jeremiah Masoli. 5'10" 225 lbs transfer player.

How did Oregon do in Chip Kelly's 1st year as HC? Lost 1st game to Boise State, then rallied to end up as PAC 12 champs with 10-3 overall record and loss to Ohio State in Rose Bowl. Not too shabby for a 1st year coach with virtually no defense (gave up 28 ppg!) and a mediocre qb. Oregon's OL wasn't particularly talented either but the team played offense at a breakneck pace so it masked the team deficiencies.

Miami has the skill players on offense and a defense good enough that a 10 win season should be a cakewalk even with an average QB and questionable OL. Comes down to coaching and scheme. Diaz knew he wanted Enos for a reason and Enos spurned the GOAT college HC (arguably) and a virtually guaranteed P5 HC job in a couple years to prove himself at Miami with a brand new HC. It was a ballsy move. I think it will pay off.

More excited about 26's emergence than any other player. As excited as I am about him and the defense in general though, I am just as worried about this OL.
Honest question if you were a Uf fan what would be your thoughts about there o-line.

Next thought is if all things are equal would we not just call both o-lines a stale mate. I mean they too are replacing basically the whole o-line.

Advertisement
Which tackle against which DEs?

Zion v Garvin?
Herbert v Patchan?

And do Rousseau go against first team OL? Which tackle? What about Hill?

Just a thought but do you think they want to give a way that info. Probably would love nothing more then to let them believe there d-line can just curb stomp uswith these reports. What if its all a facade. Manny you silky smooth son of a *****.

Didn't think Perry had a penchant for turnovers last year. He had 6 ints in 191 pass attempts. Two of them were on his first three passes of the Virginia game.

Whoever the QB is, Enos is going to have to game plan around the fact that the line is, at the very least, inexperienced. Short passes, designed QB runs, max protection when they take deep shots. He'll make it work.
Also fumbling when hit

Fellas, y’all gotta look big picture here. Miami isn’t winning the NC, and unless they pull off one of the biggest upsets in recent memory, they’re not beating Clemson and making the playoffs (Clemson would be a 21+ point favorite at this point over Miami on a neutral field).

So what are we really looking for here?

We all have concerns about the OL & QB, whoever that may be. And they’re justified. This is simply not going to be a championship line, and we’re not getting championship play from the QB. But that’s fine. We’ve all said for 8 months, if the offense was just decent in 2018, we’re 11-1 most likely. So really, even with these concerns we all have, can this be a good enough offense to beat everyone on our schedule not named Clemson? I think it can. And it doesn’t have to be a world-beater, it just needs to be a step up from last year, which considering the coordinator and Rosier being ejected from the program, I don’t think that’s far-fetched. So, I understand the standard here will always be the same, but as fans let’s be realistic. Can these pieces produce an average to good offense? That should be the focus. They’re leading TD drives against what should be a ferocious defense in Scrimmage #1. That might be a positive.

Progress on that side, continued success from the defense, beat UF & FSU, win the coastal, and keep stacking chips on the trail.

+1000 finally some refreshing level headed reasoning. @OrangeBowlMagic sums it up perfectly. Right now we can beat anybody on our schedule with any of the 3 QBS on our roster not named Clemson. Our offense is facing the best defense they will face all year including playing clemson in the acccg. The sky is not falling and we will be fine. Enjoy the ride fellas!

Advertisement
Orrrrr all the QBs are decent but not great. Seriously, what's more likely, that or an amazing and completely locked down PR misinformation campaign on the level of MI6? Like in that scenario do these kids not have eyes that are able to see if one of them is clearly performing better than the others? Jarren goes home and bases all his decision making info on what he reads in the Herald? Good grief. Some serious reaching going on here.
People aren't great judges of their own performance. Look, I'm not saying that this is what is happening, I'm just saying that I hope in the coaches eyes someone has separated themselves and that they're just playing it even handed right now to keep the others motivated. There's no reach in what I wrote.

Take a look at Arkansas in 2015. Their offense had some struggles in the beginning of the season due to injuries. But, they scored 40-50+ points often down the stretch. I wouldn’t be surprised if we duplicated that type of success.

Brock mentioned chipping. I read Enos was running a bunch of 2 TE sets pretty much everywhere he’s been. As crazy as it may sound, Michael Irvin could become an important piece to this OL. I just can’t see how these tackles hold up without help.

Just projecting here, but shoring up the interior combined with what I mentioned about Enos not moving the pocket much makes me think we need a QB that can climb the pocket (and see over the OL). Much as I said last year that Dallas was a better fit at RB with this OL bc of his shiftiness (vs Homer’s 1 cut and go style), I just don’t see how Tate fits. Again, I haven’t seen anything with my own eyes and am just projecting for message board fodder.

Enos runs a lot of ACE. I think his ACE PA/Draw style of play-calling requires a QB who can see the field. Time will tell.

You can run the ball out of shotgun.

Trivia question- who was Chip Kelly's QB when he took over as the HC of the Oregon Ducks?

Jeremiah Masoli. 5'10" 225 lbs transfer player.

How did Oregon do in Chip Kelly's 1st year as HC? Lost 1st game to Boise State, then rallied to end up as PAC 12 champs with 10-3 overall record and loss to Ohio State in Rose Bowl. Not too shabby for a 1st year coach with virtually no defense (gave up 28 ppg!) and a mediocre qb. Oregon's OL wasn't particularly talented either but the team played offense at a breakneck pace so it masked the team deficiencies.

Miami has the skill players on offense and a defense good enough that a 10 win season should be a cakewalk even with an average QB and questionable OL. Comes down to coaching and scheme. Diaz knew he wanted Enos for a reason and Enos spurned the GOAT college HC (arguably) and a virtually guaranteed P5 HC job in a couple years to prove himself at Miami with a brand new HC. It was a ballsy move. I think it will pay off.
We are not running the same offense as the Oregon Ducks ... I do agree we should be capable of winning 10-11 games.

Advertisement
Back